Ratings for Dr. John B. Bitner

Dr. John Bitner possesses the knowledge, skill and competence to provide a great surgical result. His staff is also very caring and competent. Surgical results were excellent. highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I had looked into getting a facelift for over a year and a half. I was just too afraid that I would look too plastic and just couldn't go through with it. My aesthetician told me she had hear good things and seen good work done by Dr. Bitner. I went in for a consultation. His staff was very good at calming my nerves and answering my questions. Dr. Bitner was very good in the consultation. He made suggestions in a kind way. I was given a quote for the work. There was no pressure just reassurance that I would love my "new look". I scheduled and had my surgery just weeks later. They were great to me that day and very professional. Questions were answered honestly and I felt confident in Dr. Bitner. I had facelift, brow lift and lip augmentation done. I am now 6 weeks post op and I LOVE my results. I look natural enough that people don't ask what I did. They just think I look "refreshed". Can't say enough about how happy I am with my results!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I am 21 years old, female. I got a nose job because of cosmetic reasons and I just happened to have a deviated septum. Dr John Bitner is the best plastic surgeon in Utah. Dr John Bitner is not only an amazing surgeon but an amazing surgeon. I never doubted his ability once. When i first went in he was very friendly and knew exactly what I wanted and made sure that I knew what I wanted. He did the 3D imaging on my nose and we sat there for awhile just deciding every single detail I wanted. I was confident that he was the surgeon for me. All of his staff were extra friendly too! Don't want to leave that part out! When I went in for my Pre Op appointment he gave me a little card with his cell number on it in case I had any questions before or after surgery. On surgery day i was super nervous and asked if we could change some things on the 3D imaging and he was so happy to help. Not once did I ever feel like I was bothering him or he had better things to do. When I woke up from surgery I was obviously still loopy and I dont remember this but my mom said I immediately started thanking everyone on the staff and when he came in a thanked him over and over again and said that I knew I made the right choice choosing him. Healing was easy and virtually painless. But I knew if I had any questions I could just text him. When I got my cast off he was probably more excited than me. He was so happy with the results and just complimented my face and my nose over and over. He really made me feel VIP and like he understood why I needed this done, that it wasn't stupid to want a nose job so young. I honestly think no other surgeon could have performed at his skill level. My nose was very very crooked in fact he said it was a 10/10 haha. And now it is 100% straight and 100% beautiful. He really is the best surgeon in Utah, Salt lake County, Wasatch Front! He really did so much better than I expected. I am blown away by my results and I know for a fact I wouldn't have this amazing of a nose if I had gone to any other surgeon. Dr Bitner just knows what he's doing!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

After reading all the reviews online, I felt the safe choosing Dr. Bitner to consult with. I consulted with him months ago, he was very polite and helpful as he gave me an offer on 2 procedures: Brow lift & Rhinoplasty. I accepted the offer a month ago, as they made a pre-operation appointment with me verifying which days I had to take off work, as the procedure was in 2 weeks. At the appointment, I waited 1 hour & 30 minutes. As the receptionists weren't really sincere from the beginning, their tone became even more sarcastic towards my grandmother when she complained about the wait. They then put us in a random cold room to wait another 15 minutes, until we finally got to the consult room--where waited another 10 minutes till Bitner showed. I was so excited to finally talk about the pre-operation with Bitner. As we were doing the brow lift (which HE bid during our previous consultation) and not the rhinoplasty, he then immediately started to cancel the operation before we barely even went over it, at all. He claimed he only wants work on patients that need plastic surgery on an 8 out of 10 (extreme) scale. He said the my eyebrows were a "5" out of 10 (extreme distortion), therefore he refused to preform the surgery because he doesn't want patients seeking desired results in minor improvements. Therefore, if you have slightly low, mediocre eyebrows, he won't lift them upon his client's desired request--or who knows, maybe he really just didn't like me. Which makes me feel pretty bad. But regardless, I immediately fell into tears because I had centered my entire scheduled around a wasted appointment, drove an hour, waited an hour for the pre-op--and finally, taken my only vacation hours off work to get this done (as verified by him & his staff)--for him to cancel on me. As I fell into tears, he then declared me as an "unstable" female and stating he is refusing to perform the revision-rhinoplasty (which he thinks needed most) for "years". Basically, he refuses to ever provide his service to me as a client--needed it or not. I couldn't ask a question about anything without him making me feel like a complete psychopath and left me feeling completely, honestly humiliated. I left his office in tears, as he stood up smiling, shook my hand and sarcastically walked away like he wanted no association with me ever again. And now I'm writing this review in tears... I think it's important to find a surgeon who is rational, but as well, empathetic of their client's feelings and understanding of their insecurities. I thought this was going to be a great experience, and unfortunately it was extremely harsh and degrading. Maybe he will provide his "amazing" service on you, but for me, I wasn't worthy of it.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I am a anesthesiologist in the Salt Lake area. I work with surgeons all over the valley. I came to see John (Dr Bitner) because of his reputation. I'm fortunate to have an inside take on who to trust with something so important. I would recommend him to anyone, I even had to drive a long way, past many of my friends in the that specialty, to receive Dr Bitner's services. (Rhinoplasty and hair transplant). 6 months out and great results. His follow up care has been even beyond what I expected.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dear Dr. Bitner, My heart is so full right now and I wanted to express my sincerest gratitude to you personally for your thoughtfulness, your caring understanding, and your genuine sincerity to help me with my hope to restore the loss of my thinning hair. It also helped to hear and feel of your great optimist enthusiasm that even for someone with my challenging birth defect that this would work! Your entire staff, from your receptionist, back office and surgical assistants, but particularly Jamie and Brandi were amazing! They were so kind and sensitive throughout the procedure and at all my visits. I do not have adequate words to express how each of them exceeded all my expectations! It has only been one day since my procedure and already my excitement grows with the confidence you have given me that I will see success! I am so thrilled that I was led to you and I believe that providence ultimately led me to your office.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Bitner is the best. Several months ago I was in a serious auto accident and severed 9 tendons within my left antebrachial (forearm) region. My median nerve was also severely damaged. It was feared that I would not be able to use my left arm/hand functionally at all. Now several months after surgery, my range of motion, sensation, tactility, and overall function are vastly improved. Although, There are still a lot of fine motor tasks that I will never be able to do well again, Dr. Bitner definitely fixed a potential life-long inability of normality. He definitely knows his stuff and makes sure that you will receive the best help possible.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr Bitner is in my eyes the absolute best. He is caring and personable beyond just the medical questions. I would recommend him to anyone for any cosmetic surgery. He did my facelift and resurfacing and then my husband had a hair transplant. This was my husbands fourth hair transplant and it was far better than any of his prior procedures (bosley).

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

After having a myectomy (muscle removal around my eye socket for a condition called blepharospasm) several years ago, my lower eyelids were very sunken. My lower eyelid also started to sag giving me a "sad expression". I really am a happy person! I thought I would just have to live with it. I am so grateful for my consultation with dr bitner. He assured me great improvements were possible and the results exceeded my expectations. I am currently 10 days after my surgery in his office O.R. I had a lower eyelid tightening (tarsal strip) and my upper eyelid blepharoplasty. His training and professional staff were truly wonderful. I would recommend him without reservations and plan on using him for future concerns. I was surprised at how little pain I had (Tylenol only on day 1!!) and very little bruising and swelling.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

Dr. Bitner is an excellent plastic surgeon! He and his staff are especially friendly and accommodating. I had a facelift which looks very natural and makes me feel like I am still me. There was minimal pain and a fairly quick recovery which enabled me to do almost everything I was used to doing until I was back to normal. I would recommend Dr. Bitner without any hesitation to anyone considering facial surgery!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. John B. Bitner's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 2003)