Ratings for Dr. Gordon Holton

All I can say on here is the negative things people are saying on here are completely true I have experienced it and so has my family member and some people that we have met in the county.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

he is a horrible person and no good doctor. I had a car accident and go to emergency because of pain and he is telling me that I have a tennis elbow and this pain that started after the accident has nothing to do with that! He is racist and has very small view of world! I had to wait 3 hours to get his crappy opinion and then he sends a report to my clinic that I am not injured and all the pain I have is because I have tennis elbow!!! Why he thinks he has the right to do that? or treat me as if I do not understand what he is telling me. I am a Canadian Citizen and lived her longer than where I was born! I speak few languages and very educated.......I am injured and just needed a caring smart doctor to help me out instead I got this awful person.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

This "DR" is my mother's. He told her she had diverticulitis a couple of years ago based on no report. I told her not to believe him because he seemed like a crackpot but I knew at the back of her mind what he told her was still there. My mother had an echocardiogram last year and he told her there was nothing to worry about. One of the cardiologists asked him to schedule another echocardiogram but he didn't at least not until the cardiologist reminded him several months later. When he received the results he had his nurse call my mother to come into the office but she already had an appointment set up for another problem. He talked to her only about the results of the echocardiogram and when she tried to bring up the problem she had made the appointment for he didn't want to hear it and walked out of the room. My sister and I spent from 5:00 p.m. yesterday to 3:00 a.m. this morning at the hospital with our mother who was given an ultrasound and who we then had to bring back at 10:30 this morning for a CAT scan. By the way, the CAT scan proved she did NOT have diverticulitis and so he lied to her. What a frigging liar!!!! If this "Dr" had taken the time to deal with the problem we wouldn't have had to go through what we did. He doesn't seem to care...he has his own agenda and doesn't care about his patient. My sister has him for a doctor as well. She had a woman's problem and she went to see him. He gave her the swab and told her to swab herself and left the room while she did it! What kind of doctor tells the patient to swab herself??????? STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I have been a patient for 5 years and I always got the straight precise answers. I always feel welcome and he is always in a good mood. Best doctor I ever met, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I am very happy with Dr.Holton. As I read the negative comments I understand that some people are never happy, like the one coming with the report "from three other doctors" - makes one wander why not stay with any of those three, so it is a good riddance for Dr.Holton. And same with melanoma - it is rare in children and office biopsy is common practice, or go wait for skin surgery - 6 mo or more delay in diagnosis, and the outcome- same biopsy plus a chance of metastasis. I am sad to hear that happened to a poor boy, but the doctor seemed to do his best to help. I hope I do not see dismissive side but so far so good.

Submitted May 6, 2015

I am a new patient of Dr. Holton. I am very disappointed in his attitude and lack of concern over my current health problems. Despite having copies of reports from three other doctors with more training and background, he has labelled my problem as self induced. I want to get a new doctor that understands my medical condition but don't know if I can get a caring doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr Holton has been mine and my children's doctor for three years now. We can get in last minute, and when we arrive are usually seen before our scheduled appointment. The nurse and NP are also amazing. Friendly helpful staff who take the time to get to know you. Dr Holton not only makes the time for you and listens to your concerns, he also is easy going and makes every visit a pleasant one. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the Upper County clinic and it's staff. He has a great sense of humor, attends many conferences and keeps himself up to date with new medical information and practices. My children love him and he is great with kids. He knows how to deal with each of us in our own individual ways. I trust my own and my children's health and well-being with his care. It's a great feeling to walk in there and be recognized and welcomed in such a friendly and familiar manner!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

I am trying to find one redeeming quality about the man and his practice but at the moment none come to mind. He rushes through appointments, does not listen to any concerns, is close minded and has been absolutely negligent with the care of both myself and my family. As of today he is no longer our general practitioner, good luck to those that have him.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

The nurse and nurse practitioner at this place are great. The same cannot be said for Dr. Holton. Each time I have to see him, he dismisses the medication that I have been on for 8 years because he said it is not curing my disease. I have MS. There is no cure. I see a MS specialist neurologist twice a year that I have complete confidence in. Dr. Holton fails to understand that MS is very unpredictable. I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Among other very poor medical decisions by Dr. Holton, the latest is that my adult mentally challenged son has just finished a visit to a plastic surgeon to correct an incompetent treatment of a basal cell carcinoma on the left temple. When the mole inititially changed very quickly Dr. Holton attempted to remove it saying it 'likely was nothing' when in fact it was cancerous after the pathology came back. After his procedure it never healed properly and our new GP immediately set up an appt with a plastic surgeon. My son now has a larger wound and several sutures. It has been many months since we left Dr. Holton and we are still experiencing the consequences of his poor skills.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013