Ratings for Dr. Edie Vajda

Very unimpressed!! Went in on a referral, was a complete waste of time! Staff was nice tho.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

When I first met Dr Edie, she wasn't part of her silly business GOVA, formulated by and named after her boyfriend who isn't a psychologist. Dr Edie was a ray of sunshine in the beginning which gave me hope as I was going through the most difficult time in my life. Two years later, things changed. She was invested in GOVA and started to only care about money and Filling her slots without any care to her patients. She unprofessionally bumped me from the appt time I had for two years after missing one appt and then told me there was no more space for me on any other day at any other time. It was more important to her to make money than care about her patients. She abandoned me abruptly. She then said she would call me if she had any other openings and she never did, only once at Christmas when all her patients went on vacation. How she treated someone who trusted her for two years and depended on her for support every week was utmost evil . I no longer trust psychologists after this experience. People change. Dr Edie changed. She used to be caring, warm and a ray of sunshine. She's turned into a doctor who only cares about her GOVA business and money now. She has hurt me deeply and scarred me for life.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Very hurtful. Trusted her as a therapist with all my heart and she turned on me. Maybe one day I'll get an apology. Don't think that will happen.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Overall not helpful. She seemed to be more about making new friends than doing actual therapy.

Submitted January 21, 2016

I first started seeing Dr. Edie Vajda when she was working at Kaiser. When Edie shared that she would be leaving Kaiser and going out on own I had to make the decision to stay at Kaiser or go with Edie. There was no question! I was going to look into changing my insurance so I could keep Edie. She has made a huge impact on my life. I have had therapists before but I have not had one that I felt really cared about my progress and wanted me to become the best person I could be. Edie takes the time to really get to know you and then helps you to develop effective, satisfying and nourishing relationships with yourself and others. I have learned that nothing changes without me doing the work. I also know even though it is hard, Edie is there for me to get through it and support me. I know I am in a safe and caring environment when I am with her. She continues to help me through my journey to personal growth and I am so grateful. This is why I want others to know about her and understand therapy is a positive thing. Life is really hard sometimes but it helps having Edie there to support, listen and guide me through it.

Submitted June 15, 2015

Edie is amazing, extremely insightful and very willing to help. She was able to identify problems in my marriage that I hadn't realized were contributing to issues between my wife and I am grateful for her help. She spent time with me discussing concerns I had on her off time just out of courtesy and I thank her for that too.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Edie saved my life and bettered my life forever. I moved back to Hawaii from the Mainland several years ago and could t find a psychologist there or here that was truly able to help me. I am so grateful to her and her style of counseling.

Submitted May 5, 2015

Not very good. Wouldn't recommend for individuals suffering from depression. She seems like she is more of a couple's counselor than an individual one. I've had better.

Submitted May 2, 2015

I'm kind of shocked to read the review below mine. I got on this website because I don't have a Yelp account and I really want to tell everybody out there what an amazingly caring, sincere, insightful and committed therapist Edie is. I have no idea anyone could ever think differently and I am sad for the person who wrote the review about her because there must be more to the story or something they really missed if that's the impression of her that they have. Edie has to be THE greatest and most important person I have ever had in my life. I wouldn't give her up for anything. She has helped me to see myself and learn about how I have lived my life in ways that have kept me feeling trapped and helpless. She has helped me have compassion for myself because of how loving and kind she is. Plus, I have become stronger and confident in myself than I have ever felt in my whole life. I am going for a new job that is way higher up than anything I ever imagined I would go for and I know that I will go far in my life because of how I feel about myself because of Edie. She always talks about being empowered and that is exactly how I feel. Since the day I met her I felt like we just clicked together and she has understood and cared about me even when I was at my lowest, even when I was mad at her. She worked with my husband and I to fix problems between us that I seriously didn't think ever could be fixed. We had gone to two other marriage counselors before and tried to fix things and gave up. I didn't even think Edie or anyone would be able to help us and so I didn't even bring up our problems until over a year of seeing her. When she asked if my husband would be open to coming in with me I said no. My husband was totally not into therapy from the start and after trying two times I didn't blame him anyway, but she convinced me to ask him and he not only came but he really liked her and he even started coming by himself. We are so much better now that I feel like our marriage is working for the first time since we had our daughter. I don't know how she did it but I kind of do because she explained it to us and we really understand each other now. We are friends now too and he is supportive of me and I know we are definitely both happier. I don't know if I have more space but I just want to say that whoever it was that had a bad experience with her should probably go and talk to her because there must be more to the story. I don't know if it's the same person who wrote the other reviews about her being about money but I have to say that Edie is definitely NOT about money. I can't go into why but I will say that she is all about her patients and not about business or money. There is no way that could be true about her. She made me not flake out on my appointments because I used to be pretty bad about sticking to things but it was the best thing she could do for me. So don't be deterred because Edie is special. She is not like other therapists. She's more like your best friend and big sister and she can read your mind so have fun because she's amazing. And yes, she started a business with her significant other and they are an awesome team. I am very proud and excited for her and she deserves it. She really is not like any other therapist I have ever met. You won't go wrong.

Submitted April 2, 2015

This Christmas I looked around at my family with such joy. It was the best Christmas we"ve ever in 16 years since my ex-husband and I started having marital problems and split. I went to see Edie 5 years ago to help me sort through old stuff with my mother that had been plauging me since my divorce. About a year in I decided to bring my daughter to help me communicate with her better. Those visits helped us tremendously and she took to Edie so much that she asked her father to join her in their own sessions as she felt they could better their relationship too. We ALL agree as a family that Edie is amazing, ex-husband included. Now my daughter's best friend is seeing one of the therapists Edie hired and ther couples counseling is going great. My ex-husband and I both think she could ahve saved our marriage and we get along better than we ever did before thanks to Edie. She is a gift.

Submitted December 28, 2014