Ratings for Dr. Hope Renn Gunther

Hope was my regular doctor during my pregnancy on 2007 and she was my midwife during delivery at UCSD. She was incredible. I'm now trying to conceive and once that day comes I will be contacting her office to have her as my midwife once again.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had Hope as my midwife during the delivery of my first baby at UCSD in Nov 2010. I seriously regret that she was the one on duty when it was time for me to have my baby. She seemed exhausted, depressed and negative. She didn't smile and was very serious. She didn't believe I could have my baby vaginally because the baby wasn't descending, and so she seemed to just give up and not want to try. She sat in the back of the room away from the bed and allowed a very inexperienced and rude nurse to take over doing what she should have done. One of the only things she said to me was, "When it comes time to push, I need you listen to me and not freak out, okay?" Nice. I ended up having a c section and I will never know what would have happened if I had an ambitious, caring, compassionate midwife instead of Hope.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010