Ratings for Dr. Richard Taumoepeau

Took my 4yr old for a follow up but previous doc wasn't there so got Dr Richard. My son had a terrible wheezing cough and had to use an asthma puffer as he was having trouble breathing. this was advised by a previous doctor along with Claratyne for kids and a nose spray. Dr Richard on the follow up basically told me to not use anything as this could ruin his health in the future. He's a kid and things will pass on their own. Anyone with hayfever and asthma knows it doesn't just go away on it's own. Was really disappointed in him, never had a doc like this. And he also questioned why i needed to take Carers Leave.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

This system insists that we give at least a 1 star rating. This guy is a travesty of the medical profession and should lose his licence before he kills someone. Perhaps it is too late for that now?

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

This person should not be even called a doctor. Terrible in dealing with patients.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

One of the worst doctors in Canberra. Has made medical condition worse. Notification being lodged with medical board. This doctor has failed his duty of care.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

This has to be the worst doctor I have ever seen. I went to get some contraceptive advice and ended up leaving in tears. He explained that I obviously had mental health issues because if I didn't want a child it meant that my relationship was bad and I didn't recognize it. He shared with me his families issues with erectile dysfunction. He told me to quit studying at university and find a job more suited to me; something in retail. He also trivialized my situation when I became upset saying I need to watch what is happening in Afghanistan on TV because my life is easy.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr Richard is our family Dr and we are always happy with his help and care. My children feel comfortable being seen by him and I like his matter of fact way of dealing.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

This doctor is awful, I had a horrible rash oon my chest and he insisted it was from shaving (I ak female and cam assure you I do not shave my chest!!) When I told him this wasnt the case he got angry and was awfully rude, I asked for some painkillers or a cream and he told me I didnt need any thing because there is nothing u can do for shaving rash!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I had to beg this doctor for a blood test, which later showed that I had glandula fever and anemia, because he suggested I was inventing my symptoms to get out of uni & work. He went on to lecture me for having intercourse before marriage, told me I was probably pregnant and seemed mad when I insisted I wasn't. Out of the blue, he told me I probably didn't have AIDS, because STDs always have symptoms (pretty sure that's not true). He made a glib comment about how women don't think properly about their choices when they drink - I had no idea why the consultation had gone that way and by then I was so offended and humiliated that I just asked for the pathology request and left crying. He is the reason people are scared of doctors!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Taumoepeau is terrible. A gruff, rude, arrogant and offensive man with no professional courtesy. Why did I have to repeat everything twice? It was like he just didn't want to deal with the problems! After I explained my major problem to him and asked for him to help he point blank refused, twice! Each time getting more angry. I can only agree that the other negative comments posted. This man only made me feel worse. I couldn't have any confidence in such a person looking after my health, even if I was dying. I will not go back. I will keep well away from this jerk.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013