Ratings for Dr. Sunit Das

If I could give Dr. Das 6 stars out of 5 I would! I was in excruciating pain for about 10 months with nerve pain in my spine. Eventually, the symptoms required visits to the emergency and ambulances. After an MRI determined that I had Cauda Equina, I was taken from Mount Sinai to St. Michaels hospital, where I met Dr. Das He explained the surgery in advance, and made me feel totally at ease. He said he removed a good chunk of a badly bulged disk in my back, which was causing the nerve pain. I felt better immediately, and was actually able to walk to a job interview 3 days after the operation (and got the job!) It’s been 5 months since the surgery, and I feel the best I’ve ever felt! (I’m 38) I consider this doctor a hero, he restored my health, and I’m so grateful. The nurses and supporting staff were also amazing! What a great experience at St. Michael’s. I can’t say enough about how terrific Dr. Das and the team at the hospital are.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2019

Dr. Das performed surgery on me and during the surgery something must have happened that when I woke up I was partially blind.in one eye, It is a few years since my surgery and the other eye is now losing sight. Stay away from this doctor. He is not what he says he is.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

Awesome bedside manner n great surgeon helped me out when I told him my issues

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

Dr. Das saved my life. I was on the verge of death without even knowing it. He performed brain surgery on me late 2018 and although I wasn't able to meet him before they put me under, the man I met later on could not have been more approachable, kind, and professional. Dr. Das and the whole St. Michaels team are excellent! Anyone under his care should feel confident in the treatment they will receive! Not only an extremely intelligent person but overall generally just calming and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Helped my sister through a tough time and was very helpful, courteous and informative.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2019

Dr Das is a wonderful and extremely compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2019

Extremely talented surgeon which great knowledge excellent communication skills

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

Was treated by Dr Das for severe Spinal Stenosis caused by lumbar herniation. Upon first diagnosis Dr Das stated that 80% chance i would require surgery but he wanted another MRI. I returned in a couple months and had another MRI so he could compare the two and he said it showed improvement so surgery was not required. Mean while i had lost all the muscle in my right thigh caused by nerve damage but he didnt even want to look at my leg and just sent me home with no plan to deal with the nerve damage. I tried to contact his office but all i got was reception saying there was nothing he could do for me and go find another doctor. Dr Das thinks hes god and is extremely rude and condescending. i'm left with permanent nerve damage because of this doctor. Do NOT go to this doctor. There are much better options available.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2019

I am shocked by other people’s review of this Doctor. He did not ask me any questions about my medical history. He was condescending and rude. My legs had stopped working and I was in shock and in incredible pain. I had a complete breakdown and had a rash all over my body from the shock. Dr. Das performed back surgery without asking my history of complaint. I don’t believe the surgery was necessary and in any event he didn’t get the entire herniation. It was still on my nerve and as a result I got another herniation and bulge. I hate this Doctor. He ruined my life. I was so scared about what was happening to me and he just seemed pissed off and refused to answer questions. A healthy 40ish woman doesn’t go from active to bedridden in extreme pain for no reason. I had gone to emergency and given them the history and I don’t believe he even read the file prior to surgery. Stay away from this Doctor. His character is fake. In my opinion, he has no empathy and is less than thorough.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Dass is an exceptional man. His knowledge and professionalism is outstanding. Having said that, he also has the best calming effect on his patients. He treats you as though he were treating a family member. I am grateful that he was on call in the emergency when I was brought in. Thank you again Dr. Das.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017