Ratings for Dr. Dexter Johnson

I got my tooth out today. Both the consultation and the surgery went very smoothly. Great team, best experience. Dr. Johnson is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

My family dentist referred us to him for my son's wisdom teeth extraction. I had read previous comments about Dr. Johnson's rudeness. However, he could not have been more patient to my son's many questions and was very reassuring. As a health care provider, I always vet the specialist that me or my family will see so I check their College (doctor or dentist) to see if there was ever a complaint. He had one complaint years ago but it seemed to be over a misunderstanding re: advertising. His team was helpful. We did go in about 40 minutes late. His nurse was fantastic. She put my son at ease and skillfully distracted him to minimize his anxiety. My son was given Oxycocet. I am always mindful of over prescribing and luckily he only used 2 but it was an appropriate call- although 6-8 tabs would have been enough.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Excellent surgery experience for my young daughter from beginning to end - the staff and Dr. Johnson were

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning, and Dr Johnson did a fantastic job. He was extremely helpful, listened to my questions, and his staff were wonderful. I honestly was quite scared to have the procedure done, but it went smoothly and when I woke up from sedation, everyone was really helpful and kind. I would recommend this doctor to anyone that may need oral surgery!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

This is hands down the worst dentist I have ever been too. Complete arrogance and disregard for all complaints of pain I had, ended up in the emerg because after throwing up my pain medications for 3 days he simply told me to "try some gravol" (which I also threw up). I requested some Ondansetron for nausea which i was given a prescription for in the emerg and was the only thing that kept my meds down and he refused saying once again to try some gravol (which I already told him did not keep the meds down). He was 45 minutes late for the first appointment and 30 minutes late for the second appointment. Frankly seemeded like he did not care at all about his patients. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone who wishes to have their concerns listened too, or their pain managed after a painful surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Dexter Johnson a very likeable yet professional man. He made me feel at ease (which is quite a feat!) . My experience with his staff, and dr. D J himself to be pleasant and warm. Except for the pain part. Ow

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I went to see Dr. Johnson to get my wisdom teeth removed. I was a bit nervous but his staff put me at ease. Dr. Johnson was very professional and friendly. The procedure was extremely quick and I came away with minimal swelling and excellent stitches. I would recommend him to anyone. Extremely happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I was very impressed by the professionalism of dr Johnson and his staff. The organization in the office was fantastic. They explained in detail what they were going to be doing in order to remove my tooth that had broken at the gum line. I was put to sleep for the procedure and they did it extremely well. I am very happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I have an immense phobia of the dentist. I mean, IMMENSE. My dentist referred me to Dr. Johnson for a tooth extraction with sedation, as there is no way I would be able to mentally tolerate it otherwise. Dr. Johnson did an incredible ob of putting me at ease (well, as much as one possibly could!) prior to the procedure. He used the right balance of humor and compassion prior to the extraction to settle me down. His thoroughness in describing the procedure and the sedation "cocktail" that would be used was very very good. He invited my wife into the room to educate her as well. The nurse was also very attentive and helpful during this time. In terms of credentials, knowledge, and clinical ability - his resume speaks for itself. Very very impressive. A very smart man. Dr. Johnson's staff picked up quickly on my anxiety and worked very hard to put me at ease - even in the waiting room. The main receptionist was the least friendly - however she has the worst job in the office:dealing with cranky patients waiting for their procedure. Which leads to my only criticism.... The wait time was a bit excessive. One patient left and rescheduled. The receptionist had several patients complaining to her - she has clearly become numb to it. I will say this though: Dr. Johnson was very apologetic for the wait. Also, you can be rest assured that if the wait was shorter because he rushed patients through without explaining procedures and building rapport etc, people would be on here complaining that his bed side manner was poor. Personally, I would rather wait a bit longer and have Dr. Johnson take the time to provide me with the information and reassurance that I needed to be at ease, not to mention him taking his time to do a good job on my mouth. In short, the long wait was well worth the quality of care I received from Dr. Johnson.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

There's a reason why he does have a waiting list for surgery! Unprofessional, never weight me was off, woke up during the procedure. Sent home with oxi - who prescribes that now, due to being highly addictive. After the surgery I had severe infection and nerve damage that cause temporary facial paralysis, and if that wasn't bad enough now as a result have serious ear infections that required surgery to repair. I would go elsewhere if you value your health.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015