Ratings for Dr. Dexter Johnson

Dr. Johnson himself is rather dispassionate, but knows what he is doing and therefore is very competent.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I was to start off saying the Nurse I had today and Dr.Johnson were very good and accommodating. However dealing with his office lady was quite the other story. Make sure you ask questions when making your appointment because they sure don't give you any. It's started with whoever books the appointments. I had booked my appointment and she gave me the time and date and then quickly hung up on me. I had to call back because I had a few questions like who the surgeon was, where his dental office was located(think these were important details, don't you think?) She answered and quickly hung up again. So I called back because I did have more questions to ask like what do I need to do before the surgery and what will I have to bring. After calling my Dentis to ask who on earth did you refer me too? They thought it was strang I never got a consolation. So at the getco I was a little frustrated with his office. I didn't cancel my appointment because I know his office staff is not a reflection on his work so I decided to go on to get the survey. When I got home I looked at the bill and they charged me for 4 extractions and I only had three removed so guess what I get to do tomorrow... call once more for their office staffs lack of organization and communication.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I got my tooth out today. Both the consultation and the surgery went very smoothly. Great team, best experience. Dr. Johnson is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

My family dentist referred us to him for my son's wisdom teeth extraction. I had read previous comments about Dr. Johnson's rudeness. However, he could not have been more patient to my son's many questions and was very reassuring. As a health care provider, I always vet the specialist that me or my family will see so I check their College (doctor or dentist) to see if there was ever a complaint. He had one complaint years ago but it seemed to be over a misunderstanding re: advertising. His team was helpful. We did go in about 40 minutes late. His nurse was fantastic. She put my son at ease and skillfully distracted him to minimize his anxiety. My son was given Oxycocet. I am always mindful of over prescribing and luckily he only used 2 but it was an appropriate call- although 6-8 tabs would have been enough.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Excellent surgery experience for my young daughter from beginning to end - the staff and Dr. Johnson were

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning, and Dr Johnson did a fantastic job. He was extremely helpful, listened to my questions, and his staff were wonderful. I honestly was quite scared to have the procedure done, but it went smoothly and when I woke up from sedation, everyone was really helpful and kind. I would recommend this doctor to anyone that may need oral surgery!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

This is hands down the worst dentist I have ever been too. Complete arrogance and disregard for all complaints of pain I had, ended up in the emerg because after throwing up my pain medications for 3 days he simply told me to "try some gravol" (which I also threw up). I requested some Ondansetron for nausea which i was given a prescription for in the emerg and was the only thing that kept my meds down and he refused saying once again to try some gravol (which I already told him did not keep the meds down). He was 45 minutes late for the first appointment and 30 minutes late for the second appointment. Frankly seemeded like he did not care at all about his patients. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone who wishes to have their concerns listened too, or their pain managed after a painful surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Dexter Johnson a very likeable yet professional man. He made me feel at ease (which is quite a feat!) . My experience with his staff, and dr. D J himself to be pleasant and warm. Except for the pain part. Ow

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I went to see Dr. Johnson to get my wisdom teeth removed. I was a bit nervous but his staff put me at ease. Dr. Johnson was very professional and friendly. The procedure was extremely quick and I came away with minimal swelling and excellent stitches. I would recommend him to anyone. Extremely happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I was very impressed by the professionalism of dr Johnson and his staff. The organization in the office was fantastic. They explained in detail what they were going to be doing in order to remove my tooth that had broken at the gum line. I was put to sleep for the procedure and they did it extremely well. I am very happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015