Ratings for Dr. Dexter Johnson

I have had 2 molar extractions, one of which had complications due to long roots puncturing my sinus cavity (its a common problem). This was followed up with surgery to close the opening. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Johnson showed excelent skill, and patience with my questions. The procedures were so painfree, I could not believe it. These were followed up with numerous Post-Op visits (free of charge). I highly recommend this doctor. He's a cool, calm, patient and skilled surgeon who cares deeply about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

I brought my son to Dr. Johnson to have his wisdom teeth removed. I found Dr. Johnson and his team very friendly and helpful. They explained every step starting with the insurance claim process, the IV sedation, the procedure itself and the aftercare in great detail and patiently answered our many questions. My son was understandably nervous and they put him at ease and the procedure wasn't started until he said he was ready (which took quite awhile). I highly recommend Dr. Johnson and his team.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with my whole experience with Dr. Dexter Johnson and his staff with the exception of one nurse. The other nurse looked like she had just rolled out of bed and hadn’t bothered to clean her clothes in days. I never saw Dr Johnson wash his hands and he actually took his gloves off after my son was put to sleep and had begun his surgery to use his phone to send a text and then put the same gloves on that were sitting on the dirty counter. I saw multiple people touching the instruments on his “sterile tray” and yet none of them had gloves on. I guess this is why he puts all his patients on antibiotics after surgery. As soon as my son was done and had just woken up he was put in a wheelchair and rushed out barely conscious. Lastly, I had called the office on 2 occasions to make sure this would be covered on my insurance plan which I was informed that it was and there would be no problems. I sent in my receipt to our insurance company who refused to pay half the bill because Dr. Johnson charges double the amount than the Dental Fee Guidelines state. I have an excellent insurance plan and I have always had 100% of our dentistry covered. When I called the office to complain the secretary was rude and told me that Dr.Johnson could charge whatever he wanted and didn’t need to follow the guidelines.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

This has been the worst dental experience of my life. Staff were extremely rude and unprofessional right from the get go. When I arrived for my appointment- first appointment of the day- the front desk staff ignored me while she chatted on the phone about her breakfast order. The nurse was abrupt and rude- over guessing my weight by about 20 pounds when trying to figure out my anaesteic dose - thankfully Dr Johnson corrected her. Dr Johnson was completely unaware of why I was there and spoke over me when I tried to explain I only need two full extractions and a partial root extraction not 4 wisdom teeth as one had been removed at the dentist. At the last minute- literally as I was being hooked to an IV- he decided not to remove the root tip (which he was charging the same price as a full tooth for) and refunded my Visa through my friend as I was passed out in the chair. When I woke up I asked the desk staff if they had resubmitted my insurance claim to reflect the new amount after the refund and I was told that yes it had been submitted. They basically rushed me out of the office "Call an Uber whenever now" - Dr Johnson was already operating on a new patient. A week later and upon calling my insurance I was told that my claim was simply cancelled and never resubmitted. When I called Dr Johnsons office to request a new invoice (since they had refused to give me a new one at my appointment) I was rudely told they would mail it to me to send to insurance myself. The woman then hung up on me. At this point I don't trust it to actually be sent since the staff are clearly incompetent. The only plus side to this appointment is that the specialist himself didn't paralyze my face. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. I'd have preferred to live with the painful teeth longer than to have this experience again.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Johnson himself is rather dispassionate, but knows what he is doing and therefore is very competent.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I was to start off saying the Nurse I had today and Dr.Johnson were very good and accommodating. However dealing with his office lady was quite the other story. Make sure you ask questions when making your appointment because they sure don't give you any. It's started with whoever books the appointments. I had booked my appointment and she gave me the time and date and then quickly hung up on me. I had to call back because I had a few questions like who the surgeon was, where his dental office was located(think these were important details, don't you think?) She answered and quickly hung up again. So I called back because I did have more questions to ask like what do I need to do before the surgery and what will I have to bring. After calling my Dentis to ask who on earth did you refer me too? They thought it was strang I never got a consolation. So at the getco I was a little frustrated with his office. I didn't cancel my appointment because I know his office staff is not a reflection on his work so I decided to go on to get the survey. When I got home I looked at the bill and they charged me for 4 extractions and I only had three removed so guess what I get to do tomorrow... call once more for their office staffs lack of organization and communication.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I got my tooth out today. Both the consultation and the surgery went very smoothly. Great team, best experience. Dr. Johnson is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

My family dentist referred us to him for my son's wisdom teeth extraction. I had read previous comments about Dr. Johnson's rudeness. However, he could not have been more patient to my son's many questions and was very reassuring. As a health care provider, I always vet the specialist that me or my family will see so I check their College (doctor or dentist) to see if there was ever a complaint. He had one complaint years ago but it seemed to be over a misunderstanding re: advertising. His team was helpful. We did go in about 40 minutes late. His nurse was fantastic. She put my son at ease and skillfully distracted him to minimize his anxiety. My son was given Oxycocet. I am always mindful of over prescribing and luckily he only used 2 but it was an appropriate call- although 6-8 tabs would have been enough.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Excellent surgery experience for my young daughter from beginning to end - the staff and Dr. Johnson were

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning, and Dr Johnson did a fantastic job. He was extremely helpful, listened to my questions, and his staff were wonderful. I honestly was quite scared to have the procedure done, but it went smoothly and when I woke up from sedation, everyone was really helpful and kind. I would recommend this doctor to anyone that may need oral surgery!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016