You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dexter Johnson

This is hands down the worst dentist I have ever been too. Complete arrogance and disregard for all complaints of pain I had, ended up in the emerg because after throwing up my pain medications for 3 days he simply told me to "try some gravol" (which I also threw up). I requested some Ondansetron for nausea which i was given a prescription for in the emerg and was the only thing that kept my meds down and he refused saying once again to try some gravol (which I already told him did not keep the meds down). He was 45 minutes late for the first appointment and 30 minutes late for the second appointment. Frankly seemeded like he did not care at all about his patients. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone who wishes to have their concerns listened too, or their pain managed after a painful surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Dexter Johnson a very likeable yet professional man. He made me feel at ease (which is quite a feat!) . My experience with his staff, and dr. D J himself to be pleasant and warm. Except for the pain part. Ow

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I went to see Dr. Johnson to get my wisdom teeth removed. I was a bit nervous but his staff put me at ease. Dr. Johnson was very professional and friendly. The procedure was extremely quick and I came away with minimal swelling and excellent stitches. I would recommend him to anyone. Extremely happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I was very impressed by the professionalism of dr Johnson and his staff. The organization in the office was fantastic. They explained in detail what they were going to be doing in order to remove my tooth that had broken at the gum line. I was put to sleep for the procedure and they did it extremely well. I am very happy with the service I received.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I have an immense phobia of the dentist. I mean, IMMENSE. My dentist referred me to Dr. Johnson for a tooth extraction with sedation, as there is no way I would be able to mentally tolerate it otherwise. Dr. Johnson did an incredible ob of putting me at ease (well, as much as one possibly could!) prior to the procedure. He used the right balance of humor and compassion prior to the extraction to settle me down. His thoroughness in describing the procedure and the sedation "cocktail" that would be used was very very good. He invited my wife into the room to educate her as well. The nurse was also very attentive and helpful during this time. In terms of credentials, knowledge, and clinical ability - his resume speaks for itself. Very very impressive. A very smart man. Dr. Johnson's staff picked up quickly on my anxiety and worked very hard to put me at ease - even in the waiting room. The main receptionist was the least friendly - however she has the worst job in the office:dealing with cranky patients waiting for their procedure. Which leads to my only criticism.... The wait time was a bit excessive. One patient left and rescheduled. The receptionist had several patients complaining to her - she has clearly become numb to it. I will say this though: Dr. Johnson was very apologetic for the wait. Also, you can be rest assured that if the wait was shorter because he rushed patients through without explaining procedures and building rapport etc, people would be on here complaining that his bed side manner was poor. Personally, I would rather wait a bit longer and have Dr. Johnson take the time to provide me with the information and reassurance that I needed to be at ease, not to mention him taking his time to do a good job on my mouth. In short, the long wait was well worth the quality of care I received from Dr. Johnson.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

There's a reason why he does have a waiting list for surgery! Unprofessional, never weight me was off, woke up during the procedure. Sent home with oxi - who prescribes that now, due to being highly addictive. After the surgery I had severe infection and nerve damage that cause temporary facial paralysis, and if that wasn't bad enough now as a result have serious ear infections that required surgery to repair. I would go elsewhere if you value your health.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Arrogant and unfriendly, pick a better professional for your dental work!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Never written a review for a dentist before, but I am very pleased with Dr.johnson's office He did my son's wisdom teeth extraction and it was absolutely pain-free and stress free. He is very professional, he took the time to answer all my son's dental questions and concerns. He talked to him and treated him like not just a set of teeth but as a person. Three months later I did myself a dental implant, it is amazing it feels rock solid almost like my own tooth. This office is very professional with knowledgeable and friendly stuff. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dexter Johnson.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Johnson was not only rude, but incompetent in his diagnoses of my problem. First off, he came in the room and didn't introduce himself. Right away he started telling me what HE thought was wrong with me without asking any questions or even letting me speak! He just talked to me like I was a child then billed me $300 for five minutes of his time. AND he told me I was fine. I later found out I had a severe infection in my root canal and had to be put on antibiotics (not to mention I was in immense pain for days). AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Dexter Johnson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This is hands down the worst dentist I have ever been too. Complete arrogance and disregard for all complaints of pain I had, ended up in the emerg because afte..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dexter Johnson a very likeable yet professional man. He made me feel at ease (which is quite a feat!) . My experience with his staff, and dr. D J himself t..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I went to see Dr. Johnson to get my wisdom teeth removed. I was a bit nervous but his staff put me at ease. Dr. Johnson was very professional and friendly. Th..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed by the professionalism of dr Johnson and his staff. The organization in the office was fantastic. They explained in detail what they were ..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have an immense phobia of the dentist. I mean, IMMENSE. My dentist referred me to Dr. Johnson for a tooth extraction with sedation, as there is no way I would..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "There's a reason why he does have a waiting list for surgery! Unprofessional, never weight me was off, woke up during the procedure. Sent home with oxi - who..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant and unfriendly, pick a better professional for your dental work!"

August 3, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drdexterjohnson.com" to "http://www.drdexterjohnson.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K1G 4G3". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1929 Russell Rd". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16135260598".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Never written a review for a dentist before, but I am very pleased with Dr.johnson's office He did my son's wisdom teeth extraction and it was absolutely pain-..."

April 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Johson operated on two of my children to remove successfuly wisdom teeth. The act and the care were outstanding."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Johnson was not only rude, but incompetent in his diagnoses of my problem. First off, he came in the room and didn't introduce himself. Right away he star..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an emergency tooth extraction done by Dr. Johnson at his Russell Road location when my mother passed away two years ago. He was nothing but professional..."

December 9, 2014