Ratings for Dr. Andrea Lavoie

Dr. Lavoie was curious enough to possibly save my life. I have always been in exceptional physical shape so other cardiologist I've seen with shortness of breath blew me off sending me out the door with extreme fluctuations in BP. This Doctor actually kept digging until she determined I needed bypass heart surgery. Looking forward to getting oxygen to my body. Thankyou Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr Lavoie. Very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and easy to understand. Staff was super too!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

excellent bedside manner, great at taking all the time you need to understand prognosis. I would highly recommend her. She saved my life

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

She is a very good DR. But so busy. Getting better as to be able to see her. Office staff much better.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I have more trust in and respect for De Lavoie than Ihave had for any physician I have ever dealt with. She is most competennt and is extremely compasionate with her dealings with her patients. I would highly recomend her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr Lavoie took no time with my father to diagnose his condition. She sent him to an infectious disease clinic when he had no infection. He was in full congestive heart failure. She just wanted to rush him through and in that respect misdiagnosed him - knowing he had an aortic valve replacement 23 years before and it likely needed replacing.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I became Dr. Lavoie's patient in 2007 after cardiac arrest in the OR. She has provided me with excellent care to this day. I have never felt rushed during visits and she has always spend the time to address any issue I may have. Whether at the hospital or in her office, I have always felt encourage after meeting with her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

l have had Dr.Lavoie for 4 yrs or more, she is absolutely wonderful, l am so glad l have her as one of my caregiver, she listens to her patients, and finds out whats wrong, she performed an angio 4 yrs ago, and put in 2 stints, then another angio last year and found out l needed a 6 bypass. She called in Dr. Tsang, and bypass was done within a few weeks, Dr. Tsang also found out my aorta valve needed repair, follow up are done by Dr Lavoie, trust my life with her, thank you so much Dr. Lavoie

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Broke in 2003 with a heart and blood preasure problem... Was reassured by family members that she's one of if not THE BEST around!!! That she is... So are the nurses who helped me break in 2013 with a bang... General Hospital Cardiac Unit... You Guys Are Amazing!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

Dr. Lavoie performed my Angiogram / Angioplasty and when she found a blockage that was too long for a stint, but not big enough for a bypass, she was not going to do the angioplasty (it can be dangerous). I was laying on the table (completely lucid) and she asked several pointed questions to see if it was 'truly' neccessary. When she determined it was, she went back in, completely the angiplasty, and I haven't felt better since. She was polite and encouraged questions prior to the surgery, which I thought was very generous. Shout out to the supporting staff too... Doctors are only as good as their staff, and they were ALL fantastic, caring and willing to help.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014