Ratings for Dr. Cheryl Hau

This Dr seems to not want to treat anything or refer to a specialist as needed. I have to badger to get any help with anything, she has told me there's nothing she can do to help with a chronic medical condition, but, when I went to a clinic, the Dr there immediately gave me a sample of medication to hopefully help with my condition. He said there are other medications that I can try if that doesn't work! Well, I've been off work for 5 yrs because of this condition, Dr Hau is well aware that I had to leave my job & still refused to treat this. She refuses to treat this & refuses to refer me to a specialist, which I asked her to do. Some "doctor". I have been getting by with clinics & ER's. I hate having to go to the ER but, when you know your family Dr won't do a bloody thing about what's going on with your health, what choice do you have when you can't get into the clinic? I wouldn't recommend this Dr if my life depended on it. Am looking for a new doc. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I feel so lucky to have Dr. Hau as my doc!!! She is patient and always makes me feel so comfortable!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Doctor Hau is the best doctor I've ever had. She is very professional'caring and a good listener. She shows a real concern for her patients. I am 71 years old and very glad to have a doctor that understands my health needs. Keep up the good work. Thank you, Bill Shayler

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I am a thirty year old female and had Dr. Hau since Dr. Cragg retired. I am pretty disappointed. I asked Dr. Hau for help because I felt I was suffering from depression (which was hard for me to do) and she told me that it was probably season affect and to come back to her in a few months once winter was over. I don't go to the doctors often unless I really feel the need and she seems to brush off my concerns and be looking at the clock to see how fast she can get to her next patient. I am very surprised to see so many good reviews, as this is not the treatment I receive from her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Very helpful, polite, down to earth and knowledgeable. So grateful to have her as my GP!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I moved from Ontario having had the same GP for 30 years. I was lucky to have married one of her patients and she accepted me. She is the best Doctor I have seen from a bedside manner, knowledge and willingness to discover whats actually going on medically. She doesn't just try to medicate you and push you out the door like many others do. Feeling grateful to be in such good hands.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I have been with Dr. Hau since she took over from Dr Cragg I find her manner very polite,caring and knowledgeable. I'm very fortunate to have her.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I used to see Dr Cragg, I was sad when he left. Doctor Hau is nice, polite, friendly and as a retired RN I have found she is knowledgeable. I'm surprised that someone said she is rude. The staff are usually friendly, as with any staff it can vary. I think it's difficult for any doctor to please everyone especially in health care it's a sensitive area.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Been with her since Dr. Craig left. Nice pleasant person but has a problem suggesting pain killers. Too focused on past problems.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I've been seeing her since Ted Cragg retired. No matter what I go in for, she seems to be concerned about issues I had between 20-30 yrs ago. She sent me (eventually) to a specialist for "routine follow-up" which she told me (and my partner) she was going to have expedited, for a serious medical issue. The specialist's interest in treating me was tainted by her description she sent him of me as an "alcoholic". Yes I went to treatment 20 yrs ago for DRUGS, but, I have not relapsed in 20 yrs. Any Dr with a 1/2 a brain can tell the difference between somebody who is using/drinking and/or drug seeking. I am not seeing her for alcohol or drug related illnesses (as in I don't have any). I never had these problems with Cragg. I hate going in to see her because I'm sick of these questions. I never was a drinker, I went to rehab for drugs. Again, lack of knowledge or interest in what's really going on with her patient. I was also severely depressed as a TEEN & had attempted suicide (about 30 or so years ago) & she asks me about THAT every time I go in. Wtf?! I have no symptoms of either problem for 20 yrs or more, so why keep asking? Wow. You know you're Dr is bad when you would rather suffer to the point that you need to go to emerg than go see her. Actually, she did tell me that I should go to emerg if I was having so much pain rather than give me an rx for it. Good thing I finally went, as the emerg Dr diagnosed my problem in about an hour. She has been nothing but judgemental & lazy in her approach. When I quit smoking, she gave me a 2 piece sample pack of nicotine gum & told me to chew 1 piece a day! Wow! She never mentioned calling 811 for free gum or patches. She doesn't seem to know much about anything except harassing patients to the point they would rather suffer than go see her. My son needs to get some vaccinations before going on a cruise thru S America & says there's no way he's going to see her even for a shot or two.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015