Ratings for Dr. John Gault

I recently was diagnosed with acral lentiginous MELANOMA (situated near plantar region of the right foot.A referral by GP to DR John Gault certainly saved by foot/leg from amputation and perhaps result in premature death. The key to John's intervention was prompt and accurate pathology (the gold standard) and and urgent PET scan,to preclude invasion into lymph glands and other organs.Dr Gault performed three separate surgical removals of this dangerous invasion.These incidents took place 19 months ago and three monthly visits to a very caring surgeon have confirmed the eradication of this dangerous and life threatening condition.THis fortunate patient at 76 years of age is still able to "bounce "around a tennis court several times weekly.I highly recommend this very caring and professional surgeon . Terry Hiscock (retired Pharmacist ,Mat Med degree)

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I saw Dr Gault at Robina Hospital as a Public patient for a malignant melanoma on my finger in July, 2015. I had to have my finger amputated. I also had a sentinel lymph node biopsy & the scars are minimal & very neat. He was extremely caring & honest when explaining the surgery I would require & any subsequent treatment. I was blessed to have had Dr Gault as my surgeon & I would highly recommend him. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I was very scared before my mastectomy, John put me at eased by rubbing my hand. This was all it took to make me feel that bit better. As a Dr I cannot speak highly enough of him he didn't mess around when I was diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer. His staff are very empathetic and nice. Thank you so much

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I had a mastectomy about 2 years ago, the scarring is very bad and even Dr Gault commented on how bad it was and he did it. One of his staff Jo is not very friendly or helpful. I think since shifting to their new premises their attitude has also shifted. Dr Gault is not a qualified plastic surgeon but does try to convince you that he should do some reconstructive surgery, no thank you.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2013. Since then I have had 3 operations with Dr Gault. The main one being a Bi-Lateral Mastectomy. From my first appointment during which time we discussed the type of cancer and options available to me, Dr Gault has been very professional while carefully explaining everything. He is quiet, caring and very knowledgeable. His staff, Jo, Rhonda & Julie are very happy to assist with any request and are also very caring. The scaring from the Mastectomy is minimal, he did a fantastic job. A very important with Dr Gault is that his fees are reasonable and he keeps fees to a minimum wherever he can. Dr Gault does other specialist surgery as well as Colonoscopies and Gastroscopies. I highly recommend Dr Gault. I would not go to anyone else on the Gold Coast.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I had a mastectomy recently and found Dr Gault to be very good in all aspects of his work, he makes sure you understand the procedure and any after effects. His staff are very helpful and caring as well. I would certainly recommend him to others. Thank you Dr Gault.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I had a severe accident a few years ago, and was extremely lucky to survive. Am so thankful the team of surgeons were able to save my life.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I had breast surgery 7 days, Dr Gault was the surgeon,I could not praise enough the way in which I was treated by Dr Gault and his staff,he has a very kind caring manner and I felt completely at ease with him. Dr Gaults chargers are at the lower end of the scale which is refresing to find. Thankyou Dr Gault for your kindness.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Went. Public for ILC Dr Gaultvi just can't say enough about him, he completely gets me. He is a legend and hero to me. He has understood where I am coming from, with relation to breast conserving surgery.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr William (John) Gault performed a total thyroidectomy on myself in 2012. The level of care is of a very high standard - pre-operatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively. His level of clinical and academic acumen is outstanding. His staff and clinical nurse at his private consulting rooms in Benowa, continues this standard of professionalism. The teamwork at Pindara Private Hospital complemented his surgical intervention and care. My surgical scar is so slight despite my darker coloured skin that I am amazed at it's appearance and lack of keloid manifestation or otherwise. He organised for my co-morbidities to be accounted for in regard to medication vigilance during my hospital admission of 1 night. Thank you very much Dr Gault and Staff & Happy New Year.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013