Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Richer

At first Dr.Richer appeared friendly and somewhat knowledgeable. We stayed with him because of his bedside manner. We had to take our daughter to the ER a few times and had met other neurologists who seemed much more knowledgeable and more experienced. Over the years, we found it hard to get an appointment and to have our calls returned by him. We hardly heard much from him and the follow-up appointments felt like a waste of time. Now that we are with another neurologist, we see a big difference in the service that was lacking.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I love him. He's helped me so much with chronic migraines

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

If it wasn't for Dr. Richer's hard work and determination to help, I would not be able to maintain a semi normal life. Being under his care for the past 3-4 years was truly a blessing, as he helped find new diagnosis and treatment options . He never made me feel hopeless , although we had already exhausted almost all of our options, he was always reassuring that things will get better. Despite his busy schedule he made himself available as best as he could, and always thoroughly explained all the details, and the honest truth of the matter. I am internally grateful for him and all he has done to help me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Both of out kids had this amazing Dr. when they came down with life debilitating migraines. The man is one of the foremost experts in this area! Both have moved on to the adult world...unfortunately. If you kiddo is suffering with this condition, this is the Dr. you want..

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Richer is a wonderful human being. He is kind, compassionate, gentle, intelligent and respectful. He has been a great doctor for my daughter and has been careful to explain everything in both med and lay terms so we not only understand him but can understand what other doctors write and say regarding her condition. He was able to give us an answer as to what was going on so quickly (about ten minutes into the first appointment!) when other doctors had been baffled for nearly six years! It can be challenging to book an appointment with him but this is due to Central Booking at the U, not anything to do with him or his team. His staff is excellent, especially Lindsay.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Richer was amazing when it came to figuring out what was wrong when nobody else could. He is very approachable and explained everything thoroughly to both myself and my parents.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Richer goes beyond what you would expect from any doctor. When our son presented with problems unexplainable by other doctors, he found the answers. Then when we asked a few questions concerning our daughter, he asked us to bring her in as well to be seen. When finding she had the same as her older brother, he asked to see the two younger ones. He sent them all to be seen by other doctors, and working together has given us answers and things to watch for as they grow. Our older son had to move on to an adult Neurologist, but Dr. Richer saw him when he ended up in hospital just to check on him. When another of our sons was being sent for tests, he himself did the analysis and walked me through all the results to make sure we understood everything. He has also taken information on my husband who has Parkinson's so he can better understand and help our children. This man cares for his patients and is very personal. You never feel like a number on a chart when you go in to see him.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

He is really nice and tries to help as much as he can. He knows quite a bit about my condition but not as much as I hoped.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Dr Richer always brings a hint of humor when he see's my teenaged daughter. This helps us feel more comfortable. He is so approachable and kind! My daughter just loves him and I really appreciate his very detailed explanation of my daughters conditions. Even though we have to deal with a rare condition, he is in close contact with her other specialists as well and works towards a team approach for her. He is awesome and I would highly recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Probably the best neurologist that Alberta has. He is so kind, intelligent, and genuinely concerned about his patients. When I was staying in the hospital for tests, he came in EVERY day to see how I was doing, and to make sure I was ok. He actually talks to you as a person, and not like you are just another patient.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010