Ratings for Dr. Christine Elser

Met her and her staff for the first time and the experience was very cold and robotic. She won’t be the type of doctor who will help you emotionally along the way. Find another doctor

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

I have read the reviews here and in my experience she is such a disappointment. Her lack of empathy is disturbing. I understand it’s a tough area of medicine to work in but her coldness makes this scary experience worse. She won’t go out of her way to help you. She won’t be a champion for her patients. Her secretary is mean and rude. The whole experience was horrible and made me feel more alone and scared. Do yourself a favour. Just ask to be referred to another doctor. Don’t even take the chance because the reviews our mixed below. There are much better ones out there. This is your life we are talking about!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2018

I had my first appointment with Dr. Elser last October. This was my first of what has become a yearly visit moving forward as I was found to be BRCA2 positive. She was very informative and helpful with explaining all my options and choices I can make, but reassured me I didn't need to make any choices now. We opt'd for regular exams and and screenings. The staff at Princess Margaret were very fast at setting up my follow up appointments and updating their online web appt site for patients review. Glad to have her as my Oncologist

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I had my 1st meeting with Dr. Elser last week. I found her to be very knowledgeable and she was very thorough with me on my condition. She has a very good bed side manner and is very warm, caring and understanding. I found her to be very personable which is something we need from doctors as we're going through this difficult time. Dr. Elser took the time to answer all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns. She also provided additional information on the chemo treatments being considered for my situation. The only downside to the clinic is the wait times. When my appointment was made, I was advised that I should expect to be at the clinic for 3 hrs., but I was in and out in 2 hrs. however, I don't attribute that to being Dr. Elser's fault. She is a good, caring doctor and I would gladly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. Elser is fantastic and really cares about her patients. Yes it’s true wait times can be very long....but that has nothing to do with her and everything to do with the volume of seriously ill patients she needs to see. Even though she has lots of patients, she always takes the time to discuss and address any concerns/questions you may have....and you never feel like she’s rushing you out to get to the next patient. I feel very lucky to be treated by Dr. Elser.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

This is a busy clinic. Expect and be prepared to wait. This doctor is examining patients and advising them and their families (some of whom are receiving bad news), she is also writing out chemo prescriptions. It takes time if it is to be done properly. Dr. Elser is a very good doctor. I have been under her care since October 2015 and I have nothing but praise for her and her staff. And, yes sometimes I have waited more than 2 hours but that is the fault of our health care system, not the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

She has been excellent. I am glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I was expecting the worst having seen ratings on this site. Dr. Elser is warm and has all the time in the world to spend with me explaining everything thoroughly. Any time I have called in with a concern, Dr. Elser calls me back. The staff in the chemo centre in Princess Margaret are all caring and personal. You are lucky if you have Dr. Elser as your doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I am so grateful to have Dr. Elser as my Oncologist. She is very patient and caring. She listened to my concern and guided me through my chemo. Like all Doctor's offices you have to wait sometimes but that is not done on purpose. The staff who checks you in at PMH is super amazing and friendly. The nurses are warm and friendly as well. Dr. Elser mission for me was to help me get through my chemo and cure my breast cancer. She follows up with you when needed. She discusses your case with other doctor's to ensure you get the best medical treatment.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have always found Dr. Elser to be pleasant and straightforward, very honest and knowledgeable about one's options.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017