Ratings for Dr. Christine Elser

I had my 1st meeting with Dr. Elser last week. I found her to be very knowledgeable and she was very thorough with me on my condition. She has a very good bed side manner and is very warm, caring and understanding. I found her to be very personable which is something we need from doctors as we're going through this difficult time. Dr. Elser took the time to answer all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns. She also provided additional information on the chemo treatments being considered for my situation. The only downside to the clinic is the wait times. When my appointment was made, I was advised that I should expect to be at the clinic for 3 hrs., but I was in and out in 2 hrs. however, I don't attribute that to being Dr. Elser's fault. She is a good, caring doctor and I would gladly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. Elser is fantastic and really cares about her patients. Yes it’s true wait times can be very long....but that has nothing to do with her and everything to do with the volume of seriously ill patients she needs to see. Even though she has lots of patients, she always takes the time to discuss and address any concerns/questions you may have....and you never feel like she’s rushing you out to get to the next patient. I feel very lucky to be treated by Dr. Elser.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

This is a busy clinic. Expect and be prepared to wait. This doctor is examining patients and advising them and their families (some of whom are receiving bad news), she is also writing out chemo prescriptions. It takes time if it is to be done properly. Dr. Elser is a very good doctor. I have been under her care since October 2015 and I have nothing but praise for her and her staff. And, yes sometimes I have waited more than 2 hours but that is the fault of our health care system, not the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

She has been excellent. I am glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I was expecting the worst having seen ratings on this site. Dr. Elser is warm and has all the time in the world to spend with me explaining everything thoroughly. Any time I have called in with a concern, Dr. Elser calls me back. The staff in the chemo centre in Princess Margaret are all caring and personal. You are lucky if you have Dr. Elser as your doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I am so grateful to have Dr. Elser as my Oncologist. She is very patient and caring. She listened to my concern and guided me through my chemo. Like all Doctor's offices you have to wait sometimes but that is not done on purpose. The staff who checks you in at PMH is super amazing and friendly. The nurses are warm and friendly as well. Dr. Elser mission for me was to help me get through my chemo and cure my breast cancer. She follows up with you when needed. She discusses your case with other doctor's to ensure you get the best medical treatment.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have always found Dr. Elser to be pleasant and straightforward, very honest and knowledgeable about one's options.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I lost my mom because of her back in 2012. She is a disgrace to oncology and Healthcare.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

She was Amazing!!! Very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I have been under the care of Dr. Elser since June 2015 . Diagnosis Stage 4 - mets to bone. I find her to be kind, understanding and also professional. She is very straightforward and keeps her words "strictly business" I think it is because she cannot emotionally attach herself to all the sad diagnosis she does daily. The UHN/ Princess are amazing!!!!! Thank you all for your help and kindness , the staff are truly God sent individuals that are very very special.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015