You may also like

Rate Dr. Christine Elser

Dr. Christine Elser's Ratings

Very Rude and knowledge less
I wouldn't recommend her to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person,bad doctor, bad person

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Kind, compassionate, empathetic, knows her stuff. Dr. Elser listens to my questions, answers them, and takes the time to ensure I understand the diagnosis and next steps. For those of you who do not like waiting, do find another oncologist. Some of us have complicated diagnosis and would gladly use your 'Ontario-healthcare-mandated' 15-minute timeslot with her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2766285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I have found Dr. Elser direct, friendly and very clear. She answers all my questions very quickly. My experience has been quite the opposite of some of her critics. Seems a good doc to me!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2726564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Dr elser and her staff clearly do not know how to manage the sick and terminal. Rude. Impatient. Disorganized and utter lack of compassion and empathy. Courtesy for her sick patients does not exist as she will keep you waiting for hours even with an apt and does not seem to care. I have seen some somewhat positive comments below but I would highly suggest not taking a chance with her and find yourself a kind and compassionate oncologist who will be there for you through this difficult time. There are plenty of oncologists so don't settle with her. You don't have too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Dr Elser did not give me the time or attention I required to fully understand my diagnosis. While she may be an excellent scientist, she lacks the compassion, patience and accessibility that I require from my medical team. As a cancer patient, I worked extremely hard to to understand my diagnosis in order to be a proactive participant in my treatment. When I had a question, Dr Elser was never available. She is not available by phone, text, or email, and her secretary Evelyn rarely returns my calls. In frustration I will drive to the hospital and show up unannounced in Evelyn's door, where it's clear that scheduling an appointment is a huge imposition . Even then the wait is long. And at the actual appointment, the wait is again long and frustrating. Dr Elser is curt, and unapologetic. If you are recently diagnosed, please know that you are in charge, and have the right to put together a team that meets for your needs physiologically and emotionally

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][187968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

I completely agree with the comments made on July 19, 2013. I have only had positive experiences with being a patient of Dr. Elser.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][187967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

We read a number of negative comments about Dr. Elser and were rather scared before meeting her first time. However, after the consultation discussing with her my wife's treatment, we became pretty sure that Dr. Elser is a knowledgeable professional, who cares about her patients and aims at providing the best treatment to them. She also appeared to be very friendly and answered all our questions in full. Her staff and especially, nurse Louise is probably one of the best in the hospital. It's is better to rely on your own experience rather than merely on the forum comments, which could be very subjective and just reflect someone's unique personal attitude and experience not applicable to others. Good luck to everyone fighting the decease!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][187966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

she has enormous wait times. lacks empathy and bedside manners. she is extremely unknowlegable. she misdiagnosed my father and because of her error he lost his battle with cancer. please dont take any chances and find another doctor . she doesn't know what she is doing and her errors are extremely costly. good luck.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][187965].votes_count ]]