Dr. Oyebode Arojojoye

Ratings for Dr. Oyebode Arojojoye

Dr. Arojojoye gave me the tools, the education, and most importantly the support and encouragement to survive my depression. Looking back now, at how far I have come in 1 year since I first saw him, is sometimes hard to think about. Without this man, my life could have taken many different paths. He is on your side, and truly wants to help you heal. I strongly feel that I am in very good hands, and completely trust him. There is no judgement here, only respect, and understanding. Thank you Dr. Arojojoye!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr.Arojojoye for two and a half years, and he has been consistently helpful and kind. He is knowledgeable about my problems, and recalls personal information, such as holiday plans, even after not seeing me for several months.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I have been seeing a psychiatrist since I was a teenager, so at almost 40, I've seen a few. Dr. Arojojoye is great because he doesn't make me feel like I'm crazy for thinking I'm crazy. He listens to what's going on an actively tries to pinpoint the problem and deal with it. If I feel like something isn't working, we will try something else, and instead of just pumping me full of pills, he has resources and suggested mind exercise books. Over the years I have gone through many different medications to deal with my bipolar disorder. I know my body, and I know what feels right and what doesn't. He respects my knowledge and I respect his. That's why he's so good to work with. His demeanor is unpretentious and accommodating. He clearly wants to help his patients, he's not just an ambassador for pharmaceutical companies. He is non judgemental, but definitely tells it like it is. I am happy with my care.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

VERY knowledgeable. He knows his stuff and explains it in an easy to understand way. But he also doesn't pull any punches. He is honest and straightforward. He tells it like it is. And that's exactly how I needed to be treated. Other members of my family are seeing him too. Fully recommend him to anyone who needs help.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

After waiting a while to get into see him, I arrived early for my appointment. Dr. Arojojoye took me in early as his other patient was late. Dr. Arojojoye asked me what my problem was, and when I had started to explain, he interrupted me before got a few sentences out. Then he said that his patient who was late had just arrived and that was the end of my appointment. I was in his office for about 5 minutes. This psychiatrist is a disgrace. I cancelled my next appointment. I do not recommend this psychiatrist to anyone.

Submitted November 27, 2016

Dr. Arojojoye has been my psychiatrist for aprox 2 1/2 years. He has always been on time, extremely knowledgeable and totally focused on achieving that delicate balance of treatment and care; that which addresses the problem and restores function, without over medicating or creating additional symptoms to manage.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I've been seeing Dr.Arojojoye for approx 3 years. I've found that he has always put me at ease with discussing my issues and he's always been very descriptive in how to better deal with things. He has really helped me with improving my quality of life which has been a huge benefit to my family and my marriage.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Arojojoye. When i first saw him we took the time and we went through my entire medical history, discussed my current lifestyle. He recommended first that I try natural supplements. and gave me ways to help give my life more purpose, on how to be more socially active, and how to love myself more. Every time we meet he always asks how work is going, if i am getting along with my roommate. He cares a lot about your well being, and will give good suggestions of how to proceed, or how to improve your lifestyle. But he also lets you know that you have to work together, because he cant fix your mental health problems, unless you put in effort yourself. I have had great experiences with him these last few years, and hope he can help those who are willing to get better.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. Arojojoye nearly killed me. I have to agree that he is pretty nice and pleasant, he would always listen to my problems, but he put me on a combination of medications over the course of two years that I've since learned have a severe drug interaction, these two drugs Prozac and Dexedrine, must never be taken together. For those wondering, Prozac, (and Paxil), inhibit the metabolism of Dexedrine, causing it to build up to toxic levels which can make a person go out of their mind with extreme anxiety, as happened to me on a number of occasions. this combination of drugs made me so psychotic that I thought God was telling me to take my pants down in public or he would d-mn me to h-ll. This happened to me three times, at which point I'd end up in the hospital fighting for my life. Instead of taking a step back back and asking if maybe he was doing something wrong, Dr Arojojoye told me I was having the psychotic episodes because of the struggle between my religion and my "lifestyle", I'm (same s-x attracted), and had told him about the struggle I had between my faith and being attracted to the same gende, (this site won't let me use the word). In retrospect my problem was that I didn't have a Doctor Who was competent enough to prescribe medications that would allow me to think clearly enough to see that if king David could have seven wives, and be cool with the big guy, I should be covered. Though I had never before or since been diagnosed with any form of psychotic illness, he slapped a label of schizoaffective on me and told me I had to decide between my orientation and my faith if I was to recover. I became increasingly depressed because of this, and because of the horrible medical treatment I was receiving, I asked if I could go see another psychiatrist in town, that I knew to be pro LGBT, and frankly had more confidence in, (having seen him as an adolescent). I then found out from the new psychiatrist that Dr. Arojojoye had intimated to him in my referral letter that he thought I may have an agenda, implying, that I was looking to divert my prescriptions, something I have never, and will never do. The new psychiatrist, knowing me from having seen me years before, quickly figured out that I did not have an agenda and the remarks Dr A made on my records were not an issue until years later when I moved, and had to explain this to a new doctor. I still can't say I dislike Dr. Arojojoye, he was nice to me, but yeah he nearly killed me twice. I'd be dead if my life hadn't been hard before that; I knew how to survive in the trenches.

Submitted November 19, 2016

I highly recommend Dr Arojojoye. I have seen several other Drs previous to this Doctor. The focus was always medication. Dr Arojojoye doesn't push meds but worked to make sure I got off what I didn't need to be on. He always asks questions about what's happening in my life and how things are going. He's honest and truely cares about what is best for his patients. He has never been late for an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016