Dr. Oyebode Arojojoye

Ratings for Dr. Oyebode Arojojoye

I have been going to Dr Arojojoye for 4.5 years now and I can not say enough good things about him. I went through a terrible separation and I thought I was going to end up in the hospital . He is very straight to the point and he says it the way it is but that was what I needed. He made me realize that I had to go on with my life no matter what. He knew what medication I needed and I am doing great now. I still see him and will continue to do so. I would recommend him to anyone who needs help. In my opinion he is an exceptional doctor. His staff have always been very nice to me.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

We have been seeing Dr. Arojojoye for 3.5 yrs. +. He is a stickler for punctuality, if you are more than 2 minutes late he cancels your appointment and your next appointment is a phone consultation which makes you feel demeaned and this is your punishment for lateness. Also, he has a rotation of receptionists that I rate poor to okay. One of his receptionists is a real dud; she's rude to clients, shows no interest in helping you and can't even get files straight. As a Dr. I would rate him Okay. He definitely knows his prescription meds and how various over the counter drug (vitamins, supplements) interact and recommends other health professionals (counselling, naturopathic ) with your treatment plan.....but he not interested in listening to what you say are your issues and how you feel on the prescribed meds. All he does is "push the drugs"!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr arojojoye is ALWAYS on time if not ahead of schedule with his patients. He is very knowledgeable and firm about medication use. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking help.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr Arojojoye's knowledge of medication, hormones, the brain are exceptional, he is firm with establishing boundaries for my own benefit regarding medication dosages, avoiding alcohol and other potentially detrimental substances which could sabotage my progress. He's the first psychiatrist to diagnose me correctly and did so within 10 minutes. I am profoundly grateful for his help.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Worst psychiatrist EVER !!!! Do not go to him ! He will leave you feeling inadequate , he will berate you , and act like a pompous better than anyone doctor . He should have been a coroner .

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He started off okay, but over time he has given up on me and basically let go of me as a patient. I am a very calm, non confrontational person. I listen to suggestions, and am willing to try nearly anything to get my depression and anxiety under control. I understand that medication can only take you so far, and that the rest needs to be on you. Saying that, he's told me that there are no other options and there is no point seeing him further since we aren't going to be making any changes. I didn't think it was possible to drop a patient just like that. I left his office is tears and was hyperventilating by the time I reached the car. Speaking with my therapist, he has done this to several patients. I understand that he is very much overloaded with patients, and deals with a very wide variety of patients. In healthcare you need to put a front up otherwise you would be taking everyone's problems home with you, but you still need to have compassion, and if you feel that you aren't able to help the patient, or aren't sure what the next best step is when the patient is trying everything and is still having a lot of difficulties, then perhaps it's time to seek advice from a colleague or something. His practice is unethical. He doesn't treat his staff very well. Sadly, he is the only psychiatrist in Abbotsford currently accepting patients.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Arojojoye tells you like it is. He listens to you, but does not let you dwell in the negative. He tells you what needs to be done in order for you turn your life around. Dr. Arojojoye speaks frankly and honestly. Failure is not an option, Dr Arojojoye helps you help yourself. He is direct and can help you find your inner strength. You must really listen to his advice..... especially if he tells something you don't want to hear. There are no "pitty parties" in his office; he does not let you feel sorry for yourself. Thank-you Dr Arojojoye for your advice and guidance.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I think the reason why people leave negative reviews about Dr Arojojoye is because he is very direct and he doesnt beat around bush. His job is to get you to heal yourself and if you ask me he is EXTREMELY GOOD AT IT. He is a very kind person and he always is asking me about my career and he encourages me to go further.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Worst experience. Unfortunately Dr. Arojojoye made me more anxious and depressed after every appointment. Read the negative reviews as that is true to his character. As another reviewer noted, I too find the positive reviews "suspect"... yet the negative reviews are extremely accurate. Dr. Arojojoye is abrupt, arrogant and condescending and in my opinion, he has no place in the mental health field. I am not one to write reviews, but it scares me that a mental health doctor can be so cold and narcissistic. Dr. Arojojoye may be knowledgeable with medication but has zero insight and compassion. I would never recommend him to anyone I loved.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Arojojoye was supportive during a very stressful time in my life. He is knowledgeable and straight forward. If you are willing to help yourself then he will assist you on your journey to wellness. Once I no longer needed medication, he transitioned me off them gradually and provided follow up care to ensure stability and no relapse. His office now provides online video appointments which is handy for when you are unable to get to his office or need to get your prescription refilled.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017