Ratings for Dr. S Barakat

Very friendly and professional. Dr. Barakat will always give honest and truthful answers to your questions.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I agree with the previous review in that this doctor isn't a warm and fuzzy type. Did not feel comfortable discussing my issues with him.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

While he'd stated outright that we only had 45 mins for our discussion, I felt that a decent amount of questions were asked. He struck me as a polite person. I felt that characteristics of mine that I find very unique & at least somewhat troubling were, very sisingly, dismissed as largely normal. I felt that my resistance to be placed on meds, which I feel are prescribed often/hastily, regardelss of side effects, limited what he could do to help me. Despite having helped me with mood issues, my use of the non-prescribed orotate version of lithium was largely veiwed as a placebo. Again, I felt as though the professionals I've spoken to thus far have let me down. I'm glad that he seems to have helped others though.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Barakat knows his profession. He is not super warm and fuzzy, but intelligence, honesty and a desire to understand and correctly diagnose his patient won me over. I have had in-bed depression for over 8 years and he made a correct diagnosis and gave an effective medication. I think he is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Not impressed. Dr. Barakat did not take the time to write an accurate report. Some doctors are caring and some are NOT.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011