Ratings for Dr. Colleen Cleary

I am very sad to hear that Dr Colleen Cleary passed away. I thought she was such a great Dr. She was always NICE to me and my children. I will never forget Dr Cleary. RIP....

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Colleen Cleary has been my doctor for many years. She has always referred me to specialist when she felt it was needed and she always referred me to excellent physicians. I moved to Connecticut 6 years ago and have continued to travel to see her for my annual. She is thorough in her medical care. If you are wondering where she is, I heard she was very ill herself and I am not sure if she will still be practicing. I am saddened by her illness and the possibility that she may not be practicing any longer. I hope and pray that she is well and can return to medicine. I am not sure if I will be able to find another physician that I can trust.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr Cleary has been my family doc for several years. She has served me, as well as my extended family for years - going above and beyond the call of duty - making sure we had care, when we could not afford to do so.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I have been going to Dr Cleary for more years than I would like to calculate. I thinks she is fantastic. She has always been patient, attentive, and caring. I think she is more than patient , I have been in her office and felt sorry for her by some patients bogging her down going on and on about nothing or parents thinking she is a daycare provider and has time to waste on little Johnny's shot. She has always shone patience and warmth. I was suppose to see her and the appointment was cancelled. I don't know where she is.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

I can't believe that someone actually has the experience of not waiting. My average wait there has been about an hour and usually 5-10 minutes with the Dr. since she doesn't want to hear anything or talk at all. Very cold and distant from my experience which unfortunately has been several times.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I think you all may be talking about Colleen Cleary,MD. I have seen her for years. She was very personable when I first saw her. A few years ago she became really cold, rude and condecending. I have been wanting to find new Dr. for a long time but still go there. She will not listen or anwer questions and is very rude.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

One of the most distant and cold people I have ever met. Each time my children would require a shot, I was made to leave the room (which only made the situation more tense and horrifying). Her staff was decent at best. In addition to Dr. Cleary's lack of personality and cold disposition, I found her to have little knowlege on basic issues concerning children. After seeing myself, family, and others treated poorly, we switched to a doctor who has the desire to make people feel at ease and give the respect any patient deserves.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2006

Dr. Cleary is generally on time, professional, LISTENS, and is generally up to date general medicine issues, although I believe she could benefit by more knowledge regarding Lyme diagnosis, lab tests, and current protocols -- especially since RI is at the epicenter of a Lyme Disease epidemic. Stoney Brook Lab, for instance, is one of the best in the country for advanced diagnositics of Lyme, but she seemed unaware of this.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

Dr. Colleen Cleary's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp