Ratings for Dr. Bernard Zylberberg

Today I went to look up where Dr. Z was and found out about his passing. So so so sad as he was phenomenal. I never met a doctor that could pin point things with such accuracy and speed. Sadly I have no idea where to go now for his level of expertise. He will be hard to replace.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I am sorry to hear about his passing. We brought our son to him several years ago to be tested for alleriges. Our son has autism. The doctor was not very caring to us. He was abrupt and rough. He wrote a report that made me sound like I was a parent who doted too much on my son. He was also very negative towards my son so I was left with the impression that he didn't understand children with special needs. It is good to read that other families were happy with the care he gave.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

I was so saddened to hear of Dr. Zylberberg's passing ... I was referred to him back in 2010 by another incredible Dr. (Direnfeld), and discovered all kinds of things I was sensitive to, and had no idea ... Was a very friendly & personable man, and made me very comfortable at my visit ... I was hoping to bring my Mom in to see him, and that's what brought me to look up his info today .. R.I.P. Dr. Zylberberg, you were a wonderful doctor and helped improve the lives of many, many people ... :)

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

He was amazing, really knew his stuff helped 3 members of my family. He will be missed

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

just FYI: dr. zylberberg has passed away. he was in his early 80s. apparently, he was taking a walk outside during work and then collapsed. he worked right till the end! my friend found out because the office called her since her appointment was supposed to be the next day...

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr Z has a refreshing outlook on allergies and treatment; a true maverick.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Very knowledgeable doctor, with decades of experiences in allergies, starting from back when nobody even talked about allergies! He is also interested in non-Western/mainstream treatment, such as homeopathy and traditional Chinese medicine, which is helpful. One of the receptionist, who I thinks is Dr. Z's wife, went through the list of things to eat and not to eat, which was helpful but I wish there was space to process the information I received, such as having a chance to talk to a social worker or a nutritionist after getting the diagnosis. At the same time, his is a medical clinic, so I can understand why he doesn't have time to debrief info with you. However, after following his diagnosis and cutting gluten, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet peppers, mushrooms, etc. I am much healthier - my joint pains that I experienced since my teen years are gone, and the frequency of migraine has gone down drastically. I am thankful for his service! And it was free with the OHIP coverage!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

This doctor is incredible. Very knowledgeable, interesting and studious. I recommend him to anyone who needs help with anything medical related. He knows everything and anything, and knows information beyond just allergies.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I was seeing a renown specialist and Dr. Zylberberg's knowledge and understand was far beyond any advice I ever received from the so called leader in his field.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Was told I was allergic to everything from Wheat to Soft Drinks. I was not even tested for the possible apple/nut allergy that I originally came in for. He told me to cut about 100 things out of my diet and didn't even suggest seeing a nutritionist to help with meal planning. I felt depressed and unhelped after leaving his office. I plan to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010