Ratings for Dr. Jack P. Kotlarz

I should have written this comment 6 years ago... I have had sinus pain for over 25 years and finally decided to see if something could be done about it with a specialist. I just moved to Pensacola in 2012 and asked coworkers at Navy Federal Credit Union who they recommended. I was told Dr. Kotlarz. He seemed very professional and first said I should see an allergy doctor since I hadn't seen one in 20 years. At the followup appointment after ruling out the allergies and with knowledge that I have a deviated septum, he said he would do surgery to relieve my sinus pain problem. He used only his nasal speculum to look up my nose and did no other sort of examination of my cartilage or soft nasal tissues or even an x-ray before declaring he'd operate on me. He told me to see his clerk yo schedule it. I was new at my job and being told that I'd have bloody gauze up my nose for up to s week post surgery made me realize I'd need longer time off than I was able to take at the time so, I didn't schedule the surgery. After talking to someone who did have sinus surgery for similar complaints, I learned that her ENT doctor did a CT scan before surgery to see her cartilage and soft tissue which cannot be seen on a regular x-ray and I realized that the same should have been done for me prior to BLINDLY operating on me! I think God was watching over me and that I dodged what could have been an unnecessary surgery where he would basically cut me open and explore to find my problem, a problem that should have been diagnosed PRIOR to surgery! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER DOCTOR WOULD DO THAT!?

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I'll just sum up my opinion of this dr. by saying I wouldn't take my worst enemy here. He is arrogant, rude, condescending, and totally incompetent. He messed my husband up tremendously by doing unnecessary sinus surgery about 6 years ago and we're still seeing drs at UAB as a result. I would give him 0s if this survey allowed. I would only recommend you go as far away from him as possible!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I'm glad to recommend Dr. Kotlarz to anyone in need of an ear nose and throat doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr Kotlarz fixed my deviated septum, because of this, I can finally breathe out of my left nostil and he also fixed my sleep apnea.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I too am shocked by the poor reviews for the Doc. I have seen him over the past years, first for a broken nose, then for a bit of nose surgery and now many times for facial work and I have always thought of him as a top line doctor. He tells you the best way then tells you other way that might be good but probably not, his prices I have always thought were great, especially since I have to pay cash out of pocket. Na, he is a good doctor not doubt having seen him so many times.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I put this off forever. It was easier than I thought. Kinda of cool to breath unobstruted. Excellent treatment and results.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Kotlarz had taken care of my entire family for almost ten years now. I have never met a more caring and thoughtful physician who still can still tell you the straight of it. He got me through cancer and it is thanks to him I am here. Highly recommended from all of us.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

The doctor was a little dry at first, but he was very compassionate when it came to my daughters health. After her surgery he took the time to call me over the weekend to see how she was doing. Wonderful doctor, just give him a chance!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I have known this doctor for over 12 years. He was my neighbor first. He has helped me tremendously with my self-esteem. He has done many cosmetic things for me and I have been very pleased with the results. He did liposuction under my chin. I have fillers and Botox done often. He did bleths on my upper and lower eyes for which I am pleased. He did CO2 laser on my face --- whew! That was a doozie but well worth the tough times. It left my face as soft as a babies bottom! He has also taken off numerous lesions on my face without scaring. Talk to him frankly. He listens well if you have genuine concerns about your health. Boy, they sure make it hard to sign in here.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

HORRIBLE pretty much sums it up for me. He put tubes in for my daughter years ago and was very unpleasant to deal with. He showed absolutely no concern or compassion. Then my uncle was a patient for a long time because he was having alot of throat problems and Dr. Kotlarz could not figure out what the problem was. My aunt took my uncle to UAB because she was not getting any answers from Dr Kotlarz and within 2 hours he was diagnosed with STAGE 4 throat cancer and was scheduled for surgery to remove the growth. My aunt and uncle were told at UAB that there is NO WAY this should have been overlooked because it was very obvious.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Jack P. Kotlarz's Credentials

• Polish

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1987)