Ratings for Dr. Jack P. Kotlarz

I'll just sum up my opinion of this dr. by saying I wouldn't take my worst enemy here. He is arrogant, rude, condescending, and totally incompetent. He messed my husband up tremendously by doing unnecessary sinus surgery about 6 years ago and we're still seeing drs at UAB as a result. I would give him 0s if this survey allowed. I would only recommend you go as far away from him as possible!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I'm glad to recommend Dr. Kotlarz to anyone in need of an ear nose and throat doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr Kotlarz fixed my deviated septum, because of this, I can finally breathe out of my left nostil and he also fixed my sleep apnea.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I too am shocked by the poor reviews for the Doc. I have seen him over the past years, first for a broken nose, then for a bit of nose surgery and now many times for facial work and I have always thought of him as a top line doctor. He tells you the best way then tells you other way that might be good but probably not, his prices I have always thought were great, especially since I have to pay cash out of pocket. Na, he is a good doctor not doubt having seen him so many times.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I put this off forever. It was easier than I thought. Kinda of cool to breath unobstruted. Excellent treatment and results.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Kotlarz had taken care of my entire family for almost ten years now. I have never met a more caring and thoughtful physician who still can still tell you the straight of it. He got me through cancer and it is thanks to him I am here. Highly recommended from all of us.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

The doctor was a little dry at first, but he was very compassionate when it came to my daughters health. After her surgery he took the time to call me over the weekend to see how she was doing. Wonderful doctor, just give him a chance!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I have known this doctor for over 12 years. He was my neighbor first. He has helped me tremendously with my self-esteem. He has done many cosmetic things for me and I have been very pleased with the results. He did liposuction under my chin. I have fillers and Botox done often. He did bleths on my upper and lower eyes for which I am pleased. He did CO2 laser on my face --- whew! That was a doozie but well worth the tough times. It left my face as soft as a babies bottom! He has also taken off numerous lesions on my face without scaring. Talk to him frankly. He listens well if you have genuine concerns about your health. Boy, they sure make it hard to sign in here.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

HORRIBLE pretty much sums it up for me. He put tubes in for my daughter years ago and was very unpleasant to deal with. He showed absolutely no concern or compassion. Then my uncle was a patient for a long time because he was having alot of throat problems and Dr. Kotlarz could not figure out what the problem was. My aunt took my uncle to UAB because she was not getting any answers from Dr Kotlarz and within 2 hours he was diagnosed with STAGE 4 throat cancer and was scheduled for surgery to remove the growth. My aunt and uncle were told at UAB that there is NO WAY this should have been overlooked because it was very obvious.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

First went to Dr. Kotlarz for vocal problems a few years ago. When I later decided to have chin lipo, I thought of him first because he has a quality that makes one feel in the presence of an expert. My office visits have always been quality, with a VERY short wait time. The initial consultation was perhaps 20 minutes, the Dr. explained what the procedure could and could not do for me for. Procedure day came and I was nervous, I was surprised about the number of shots a local numbing would involve, but after that, I didnt feel much discomfort. Dr. Kotlarz was a pleasure through-out. Im only one week post-op, so Im not sure how I feel about the results yet; it can take up to a month to see full results. I have had no unexpected post-op surprises. Additionally, I feel the Dr. saved me some money during his initial recommendations. I rate Dr. Kotlarz very high in both sides of his practice, as I have seen him for both. He is very much "to the point" but in no way unfriendly about it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Jack P. Kotlarz's Credentials

• Polish

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1987)