Ratings for Dr. G. Daniel Schachter

Let me start by saying I rarely leave reviews, especially negative ones, as I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, and anyone can have a bad day. That said, iI feel this is warranted for reasons that should become clear below. After waiting over two months for an appointment, I arrived on time , and proceeded to wait over 1.5 hours, eventually leaving, as it was clear I was no where near being seen. I still wouldn't post this review, except that during my wait four other patients also left after extended waits. I don't believe this was an unusual circumstance, and the staff seemed neither surprised nor concerned about the high patient attrition. I got the sense that they were following the United Airlines model of appointment booking, quite intentionally. He may very well be a competent and knowledgeable doctor, if you ever gt in to see him. My advice: bring a book and leave a lot of extra time - hours. ps - Obviously, I can't rate his knowledge as I never got to meet with him, but the field is required

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Daniel Schachter is a lovely,very fine,kind doctor. He has a warm,humane and wry manner. Rather reminiscent of his late mother,Dr Ricky. Once you get to know him and he gets to know you,you will discover a very kind,fine dermatologist,who is interested in your overall medical health.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Makes inappropriate comments to women, including medical students and residents. Should not be teaching. A disgrace to the medical profession. Feel sorry for his wife!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Schachter is a fantastic Dermatologist! He has helped me with a skin condition that many other dermatologists could do nothing about. He knows the latest developments and treatments. He is very dedicated and compassionate to his patients. I have referred many of my friends and family to him when they weren't getting results from other dermatologists and they have also been pleased with him. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I was a patient for many years of Dr Daniel Schachter's late mother,the great Dr Ricky. Dr Daniel Schachter is also a very fine Dermatologist,and is actually quite caring and a warm-hearted person,once you get to know him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr Schachter was a breath of fresh air to me. He gave me hope. I have a life long, disfiguring disease which there is no cure for. But after years of searching for any kind of light at the tunnel, I found Dr. Schachter. I have now been to him twice and am scheduled to go again next month. He has given me great results which for me are pretty life changing. He is very understanding, very helpful, and has made it affordable so that I can continue to see him on an ongoing basis. I could not say enough good in this rating about this doctor and his staff. They are very good people who care about their patients...a God send for me!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

He is very rude and condescending He is only interested in dollars and not your health. He goes to extreme length to convenience you for cosmetic procedure because of the $$$ involved

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Schachter is rude and condescending. It will be the last time I ever visit him. He does not recognize rosacea unless you have pimples on your face, referred me to an allergist who did not reveal anything I did not know and answered many of my questions with "I don't know". Useless and uncaring. If you have rosacea, do not go to him - he clearly does not understand it. Never again!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr Schachter cares about his patients and about dermatology. If he doesn't know the answer, he will spend a tonne of energy finding it out by inquiring with colleagues and other experts. If there's ever an emergency, he makes himself available during evenings and weekends. It takes a while to get an appointment, and his office is often busy so it's not on time, but he works very hard to treat people.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I met Dr. Schachter thanks to a referral my family doctor whose office was next door. I was blown away by his caring personality, the time he took to explain why I had a gigantic pimple and his treatment. He is also called his staff at the front desk to make sure I got an appointment the next week for a follow-up as he showed true concern and wanted to make sure that my pimple disappeared as it was quite infected when I saw him. The ladies at the front are so kind, and friendly, the clinic has numerous consultation rooms and has the top of the line computer system. For example, when you leave, you will get an electronic prescription printed on paper and not scribbled on a pad. I have to say that a week later, my pimple had shrunken considerably but Dr. Schachter wanted me to return just in case. He is extremely thorough and caring. I was very impressed by the service I received.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016