Ratings for Dr. G. Daniel Schachter

Saw him in Toronto. As a single female, I didn't appreciate some of his questions and comments which had nothing to do with dermatology. He made light of my issue, which was important to me. I found him to be an arrogant, condescending person. Went back to my family doc and told her about my experience with him. She thanked me for the info and is referring me to another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I first met Dr. Daniel Schacter when I was 16 years old. I am now 37. I recently went to see him again after many years (living abroad and moving back to Toronto) and because the dermatologist I did go to see (which was closer to my home) was just starting her career and I saw no progress in her actions to heal/remedy my concerns. I didn't wait very long to see Dr. Schacter. He had an excellent sense of humour and was personable, as most Jewish people are, also I enjoy this culture and their sense of humour. He had a quick plan of action to my 3 concerns, and did not charge me (I was not expecting this and recall he did not charge me when I was a student many moons ago as well). He asked me personal questions but I felt comfortable to tell him... My family doctor first recommended him in 1996 and I asked about him again when the younger dermatologist wasn't working for me, and my family doctor told me that dermatology is in his DNA, his mother was very well known for her work and contribution... this information just added to my past experiences with the work he did on me. I also recall that he would have students in my appointments to learn, which is amazing to pass on knowledge to a younger generation. Lastly, I am approaching 40, and asked him about specific things and how to correct them, and he actually pulled out a mirror to show me that I am beautiful and the things I was asking about were too microscopic. So, for the people on here that wrote he is about making money, I assure you he is not. Yes, he is a business man as well and I look forward to giving him my business when that time comes... It is good to pay for services to people who deserve it and that you want to support in exchange for excellent knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Very few doctors have the compassion and skill of Dr. Schacter. He was warm, compassionate caring on time and overall a delight, not only treating my wife's condition but making us feel cared for and important. He even provided throat lozenges for my hacking cough (not the patient). One of the best doctors we've ever seen. Thank you Dr. Schacter. M&K Rody

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I had been a patient of Dr Schachter for a number of years but will never return. The last time I saw him I had to take time off work (meaning however long I was gone, I would be required to make up those hours). It was a 45 minute drive (one way) from my office. He kept me waiting close to 3 hours. People in the waiting room were complaining. When I finally got in to see him , there were no apologies for the wait, his only comment to me was that I had better not complain about the long wait or he would just stop coming to Orillia from Toronto as it wasn’t worth it to him. He then proceeded to take a personal call on his cell phone!! At that point I vowed I would never go back!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I waited over 70minutes for my appointment. The consultation lasted 10 minutes. He tried to appease me by offering me a hard candy!! The ladies at front desk said it's not unusual for him to be so behind. He was not overly apologetic about being so late either.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Let me start by saying I rarely leave reviews, especially negative ones, as I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, and anyone can have a bad day. That said, iI feel this is warranted for reasons that should become clear below. After waiting over two months for an appointment, I arrived on time , and proceeded to wait over 1.5 hours, eventually leaving, as it was clear I was no where near being seen. I still wouldn't post this review, except that during my wait four other patients also left after extended waits. I don't believe this was an unusual circumstance, and the staff seemed neither surprised nor concerned about the high patient attrition. I got the sense that they were following the United Airlines model of appointment booking, quite intentionally. He may very well be a competent and knowledgeable doctor, if you ever gt in to see him. My advice: bring a book and leave a lot of extra time - hours. ps - Obviously, I can't rate his knowledge as I never got to meet with him, but the field is required

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Daniel Schachter is a lovely,very fine,kind doctor. He has a warm,humane and wry manner. Rather reminiscent of his late mother,Dr Ricky. Once you get to know him and he gets to know you,you will discover a very kind,fine dermatologist,who is interested in your overall medical health.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Makes inappropriate comments to women, including medical students and residents. Should not be teaching. A disgrace to the medical profession. Feel sorry for his wife!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Schachter is a fantastic Dermatologist! He has helped me with a skin condition that many other dermatologists could do nothing about. He knows the latest developments and treatments. He is very dedicated and compassionate to his patients. I have referred many of my friends and family to him when they weren't getting results from other dermatologists and they have also been pleased with him. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I was a patient for many years of Dr Daniel Schachter's late mother,the great Dr Ricky. Dr Daniel Schachter is also a very fine Dermatologist,and is actually quite caring and a warm-hearted person,once you get to know him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016