Ratings for Dr. David Shapiro

Dr Shapiro, does not care about your kids or their teeth . With two of my kids, I had to redo their orthodontic work at another practices. This caused so much stress and anxiety for my kids and for me a fortune. There are so many orthodontist out there don't take a chance, if I only knew.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Shapiro is very attentive to details - he is really a perfectionist, and you can trust him to really make your smile look beautiful. He has gone out of his way to help me out and I couldn't be more grateful. He doesn't work in Vaughan office anymore, I believe he has offices in Whitby and Innisfil. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

As mentioned by others Dr. Shapiro sold his clinic. Dr. Urdaneta who replaces him seems OK but we hardly meet with her. Except for the initial assessment, it's the assistants who do all the work and they are OK. The clinic's work hours are not suitable for working parents. They close at 5pm and do not work weekends so it's really hard to make an appointment without having to take time off of work. As others mentioned, the front desk staff are usually rude, not helpful, and treat you as if you were bothering them. I was surprised when I once got a helpful person on the other end of the line (what should have been the usual case turned out to be the exception).

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr Shapiro sold his practice, who knows who will take over. Good luck

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

My daughter is being treated by Dr Shapiro at his Alcona office. The office is new, clean and the staff are amazing, friendly and nice. All of her appointments have been right on time. My daughter is very happy with her braces and the results are fantastic! He has patiently explained every thing, and addressed our concerns. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

He is the best Orthodontic doctor i know, and he helped our daughter a lot (much more than all others Orthodontics in GTA). Not all the people among his staff are professionals that why check carefully who will take care about you or your child. If you will feel uncomfortable seeing or feeling pain or bad habits just ask doctor to change this person. i have done this way for my daughter.

Submitted March 22, 2015

They do not explain the exact treatment required and actual costs involved, just a rough estimate which is way overpriced.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

terrible staff, haven't encountered worst receptionist ever before.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

We echo the other comments on this board. The staff is unbelievably rude. Dr. Shapiro is not at all helpful. I'm very sorry that we started with him. Oh, they were sweet as sugar with our consultation appointment. The office is full of the latest technology, the clinic part is very clean. The staff who actual do the work are lovely, but the admin staff and Dr. Shapiro himself are horrible. We can't wait until we're done and I refuse to take my younger son to him

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Very disappointed!!! Dr Shapiro is more about running a business than truly taking care of his patients...

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014