Ratings for Dr. Penny Black

Please don't feel that this doctor is your only option in the mid north coast area. There are plenty of other specialists in this field. Dissmissive doctor and rude staff. Didn't look into obvious severe symptoms of a condition that needs surgical treatment.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

After a simple procedure I was told there was nothing wrong. I mentioned that the symptoms were not going away and I was then told again that nothing was wrong, to deal with the symptoms and there was nothing that could be done. Not very long after this I saw a gynaecologist in Sydney and was diagnosed with something quite serious and apparently it should have been obvious given the symptoms. I was also treated quite rudely by one of the receptionists. I know that the way a receptionist behaves is not indicative of a Doctors competence, but I do feel it is indicative of the care shown for patients. Most of us are going to the practice with quite sensitive issues and being dealt with rudely can be quite upsetting. Being in a regional area is no excuse for rude staff. There are plenty of polite and capable people looking for work in the Port Macquarie area.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Excellent Operation and After care With Personal Note. Thank you very much! Karin P.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Feeling vulnerable and somewhat concerned with my diagnosis, I was very grateful to meet Dr Penny Black today. Dr Black explained things very clearly and was patient, kind and light, which is what I truly needed. The receptionist was just as thorough and kind and assisted me by booking other appointments on my behalf. More steps ahead, but I feel supported and ready for whats ahead.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

She is very thorough, gentle and explains everything very clearly.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

People need to stop rating doctors based on how their reception staff are. In a regional area, you don't exactly have the best choices available for employees. You have to work with what you have. The only thing that should matter is the knowledge, bedside manner and organisational skills of your doctor. All areas that Dr Black excels in.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr Black is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor and when treating my young daughter's condition did so with compassion and offered great emotional support pre and post surgery. She has changed my daughters life completely. She is a credit to her profession.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I cannot rate Dr Penny Black as I never had an opportunity to see her but I can certainly say that her receptionist is an extremely rude, uncaring and inhumane individual who needs to experience the pain and suffering of people with gynaecological problems in order to do her job better, better still she shouldn't be working in a job that has any human contact at all because she is barely human herself.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have recently been treated by Dr Black and have to say that I have never found a Dr with better care and empathy for her patients. She made what was a traumatic experience far less so and treated me with great dignity, even though I felt most undignified by the condition I suffered. She worked very hard to get the treatment I needed to happen as quickly as possible, and even followed through on my post operation care with a personal phone call well after hours to ensure I was ok. She is knowledgable, thorough and most of all caring. I will never forget this kindness.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I cannot believe that a respected professional would allow first impressions to be tainted by poor reception. I have not/ will not seen this specialist doctor due to the totally rude and aggressive receptionist. Volatile personality with absolutely no empathy makes for poor customer/patient service. This is a sensitive and very personal area of speciality for a doctor and the patient. Get someone on reception who has good customer/patient relation skills. Your reputation is being tarnished without even seeing you.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015