Ratings for Dr. Penny Black

I cannot rate Dr Penny Black as I never had an opportunity to see her but I can certainly say that her receptionist is an extremely rude, uncaring and inhumane individual who needs to experience the pain and suffering of people with gynaecological problems in order to do her job better, better still she shouldn't be working in a job that has any human contact at all because she is barely human herself.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have recently been treated by Dr Black and have to say that I have never found a Dr with better care and empathy for her patients. She made what was a traumatic experience far less so and treated me with great dignity, even though I felt most undignified by the condition I suffered. She worked very hard to get the treatment I needed to happen as quickly as possible, and even followed through on my post operation care with a personal phone call well after hours to ensure I was ok. She is knowledgable, thorough and most of all caring. I will never forget this kindness.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I cannot believe that a respected professional would allow first impressions to be tainted by poor reception. I have not/ will not seen this specialist doctor due to the totally rude and aggressive receptionist. Volatile personality with absolutely no empathy makes for poor customer/patient service. This is a sensitive and very personal area of speciality for a doctor and the patient. Get someone on reception who has good customer/patient relation skills. Your reputation is being tarnished without even seeing you.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I found Penny to be a good caring Doctor. The staff were great too. She is about the only surgeon in Port Macquarie that I would let touch me after having other surgeries here.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr Penny Black is an amazing, caring, knowledgeable women! I saw her for several months and she did every test possible to find out why I couldn't fall pregnant! She explains everything thoroughly and answers any questions or concerns you may have! Now after falling pregnant and seeing a local doctor both Penny and her receptionist are still more then willing to help with any concerns and enquiries that I may need a second opinion on! I highly recommend Penny to anyone with infertility concerns :-)

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I found that both the lady behind the desk and doctor penny were both really lovely Dr penny was brilliant with my 4 yr old daughter and explained every thing clear and all round I found them very pleasant and very comfortable to be around and am happy that she took the time to look after my daughters problem can not thank you both enough

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr Black has a wonderful manner and human empathy. Cant rate her knowledge and care high enough!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

As a emergency appointment was fitted in within a week -Great experiece , Doctor was gentle, fully explained the whole process ,respected my modesty,explained every step as she was going ,she could not have been any more helpful.Ann the receptionist was very calming at my inital contact and explained what would happen when I attended,I had been terrified but she was so calming, that my tears had stopped by the end of the call,could not fault the service and professionlism at the surgery.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Both Penny, as well as her receptionist, we're not only rude, they were incredibly condescending and not personable by any means. Penny didn't help me with my issue at all and I left more confused and overwhelmed than when I had arrived. Would absolutely not recommend her to anyone, especially after seeing a much better obstetrician in Port afterwards!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

My wife called to make appointment with Dr BLACK after being reffered by her doctor. She called the office which was received by the receptionist, who conviently failed to give her name when she answered the phone. My wife explained her situation and explained it was an issue that needed to be dealt with asap as told by her reffering family doctor in Sydney. The receptionist who can only be descirbed as an insensative poor excuse for a human being told my wife the doctor was booked until the end of the year and that they only keep some appointments for emergencies. She further went to tell my wife that she would be better off going to Sydney to get it done as she wouldnt get in with Dr BLACK and further added she wouldnt get into anyone else in Port Macquarie as she knew they were booked to the end of the year. The call ended with my wife in tears and no doctor to see. Thanks for making this stressfull time even more than it needed to be, we now have to travel to Sydney, what a joke!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013