Ratings for Dr. Christopher Andrews

All I have to say is he performed a day surgery on my mother that was supposed to be painless and simple. He messed up in the surgery and left my mom with a hole in her stomach. Maybe his mind was on the vacation he was leaving for the next day, I don't know. Either way, after 2 911 calls from home, it was a different doctor and a different team that discovered the error and immediately worked on fixing it. I agree with all the commenters below that also gave low grades for him. Him and his "team" have done nothing but belittle the whole situation. All ego based individuals. If you truly love your loved ones, stay away from this doctor. Get a second opinion. A "day surgery" has now been a week in hospital and going to be longer.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

The first time with this Dr. he was full of ego and ..yes he was the "One" who could fix everything, no problem. Once it became apparent things turned on a dime. He was angry even yelling at the suggestion of a second opinion. If he couldn't fix it than no one else could either. He tried to make it seem that I was frustrated with a nurse practitioner and tried to make it seem he was sticking up for her when he was really blaming her for his errors. He was very scary. Seemed kind out of it and out of control. I can't believe the Alberta Government pays this guy for "looking after patients." Run save yourself. I will not be seeing him again. Totally unprofessional and should not be working with public, and certainly not trusted with making decisions that ones quality of life. No complaints about staff.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I don't understand the past ratings. He is my sisters dr and I had the pleasure of accompanying her for a unscheduled visit. The staff accommodated her request to see him and in a very timely manner. He was thoughtful, very knowledgeable and went through her entire list of medicine. She has three other specialist whom work with Dr Andrews to oversee her care, as she has a very complex desease that is life threatening. He answered all my questions explaining in detail, so that it's understandable for patients. When she asked when her next appointment should be he gave a recommended time frame but told her at any moment she felt the need to see him she can call and book an appointment. This is an excellent Dr, yes he might run behind but I didn't mind because he goes over everything and you leave knowing the outstanding care he gives to his patients. Who wants to see a dr who rushed?

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

If you have past mental health issues he dismisses you as having ibs that is exasterbated by your mental health issues even if you've taken care of it. Blames you for taking medicine that was prescribed for you, doesn't offer help for the ibs ( if it's even that). Sends you home with pills and if they don't help or you can't take them due to bad side affects it'll take you sometimes 4 months to get another appointment, and won't see you unless it's been a certain amount of time since the last appointment. Takes months to see him is almost an hour late Everytime and the time he gives for your appointments are less than 15 minutes. If you can avoid seeing him do it, it's not worth the self hate he leaves you with at the end of the appointment.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. Andrews is a phenomenal physician, I don't understand the other ratings he's received as I personally saw a number of GI doctors who all came up with different diagnosis, but it was Dr. Andrews who was not only correct, but completely changed my life for the better, and for that I am infinitely thankful for his expertise.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Andrews is a knowledgeable and personable specialist. I have nothing but trust and positive feelings following an initial visit, diagnostic tests and a follow-up app't with his findings. I am so fortunate to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

As mentioned below in previous commenters notes, Dr. Andrews( if you can even call him that) is completely unprofessional in his uninvestigative style and approach to medicine . You wouldn't expect any medical professional let alone ANY professional individual to be so unrelated and disattached to their respectful field of study . A complete waste of time for anyone looking to attain answers regarding their motility issues and concerns regarding motility function . I'm highly shocked Alberta Health care is wasting tax payer dollars on doctors like Andrews who are uninterested in practicing medicine and who treat patients with a less than exceptable level of respect.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Amazing Dr andrew may God bless you. youre real human.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

dealing with dr.andrews has been extremely difficult. We have had enough. He continues to Contradict what he says with each visit. He seems incompetent and I do not feel comfortable with his medical opinion

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Oh my goodness ... he is just horrendous. I have seen him on a couple of occasions now, thinking that perhaps he was just having a bad day - but no ... every bit as horrible each and every time. Apparently even the letter he sent to my doctor was tainted with his complete lack of personality. Can't even comment on his knowledge as it was so clouded by his abrupt, rude, dismissive, condescending, and obnoxious nature. Staff was pretty good; no idea how they can stand him on a regular basis. I have never taken the time to comment online before about anything -> but I agree with the rest of you, he was just that bad. If you read this, Dr Andrews - I sincerely hope that you take it to heart and treat your future patients with the dignity and respect that they deserve.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016