Ratings for Dr. Amber Sheikh

I went to emerg. in Niagara Falls because my right eye was almost swollen shut, it felt like a hot needle was being stabbed into my eye ball. Emerg to me right away, had a doctor examine my eyes, did some tests and then phoned Dr. Sheilkh. I went to her office at 7.00p.m. and she was caring, professional, just a wonderful person and doctor, she put a contact which had medication on my eye. Dr. Sheikh was gentle, understanding... honestly I don't know another Specialist who would spend over 3 hours searching for an explanation to what was happening to my eye. I then went back to emerg for a cat scan, more blood work, and later IV with 2 different medications. In the morning the hospital got a taxi for me to go to Welland General to see another specialist (who I was not impressed with) & then a taxi came to bring me back to Niagara Falls Hospital...eventually I went home Tuesday afternoon. Her office called to see how I was doing after I got home and later called to make an appointment. When I went to her office the receptionist was very kind to me, I went and sat on the most comfortable chairs in the waiting room....now tell me what office do you know that has padded chairs for one to sit on? To me this showed another side of Dr. Sheikh. Her staff explained my eye examination before it started, after the first examination I had drops put in my eye and was told they would sting for a minute. (which they did). I was told what my vision was in each eye then asked to take a chair in the hallway...again the chairs were great! I had to wait a few minutes (which is really nothing) and then went into the examination room and again I had drops put in my eyes. Dr Sheikh came in about 5 minutes after I had sat down (again a very comfortable chair). She was quite surprised at how I looked from the first time she met me. She told me how worried she had been. She did an extensive examination, explained what had happened to my eye and if I had any problems again to call her office. She also asked what my family doctor felt when I had seen him. I would recommend her to everyone I know. She made me feel important to her. The staff treated me with respect, and were extremely nice. I must admit Dr. Sheikh spent the time that was needed with me. She is quite in demand, a very busy office.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Went to the Drs today for the first time. Found the staff helpful and professional. Have read the negative remarks and can only say that if you want a Ophthalmologist with valet service you just need to go over the border and for $8,000.00 an eye your needs will be met. Granted, there is a long wait for surgery, she is but one person. I guess she could speed things up by doing 18 surgeries a day, but I for one: do not want someone who has done 18 surgeries working on me.Yes, the up-sold me on an iris device, but ultimately it was my choice: I could have said no.At no time did I feel pressured.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

My experience was absolutely flawless. Dr Sheikh is very caring, honest and professional. The staff is amazing and you will be taken in right on time even if the place is busy. There is no upselling on any exams or products, All you get is an educated, honest and respectful opinion from a great Dr. I really don't understand the wait time comments as I am always in and out. The only annoying this and this isn't the doctors fault is the paid parking 2.50 exact change only and half the time the gate doesn't work well. Overall though flawless Doctor and service and staff. 10 out of 10

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

The doctor was mean to me. Kept telling me to not look at the laser, but never said so beforehand.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Very professional office. Dr. Sheikh is very good at what she does. My only complaint is that I was booked for an appointment at 4:15, had my driver lined up, and was called the same day as my appointment to move my time to 3:00 or 3:15. I would have appreciated being actually booked at 3:15, if the 4:15 appointment was not really available. It would have been nice to have been contacted prior so that I didn't need to scramble to make sure my driver could accommodate me. I actually didn't see the Doctor until about 4:15 or later.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Sheikh was incredibly helpful and patient in addressing any concerns I had, and the wait time was reasonable, especially in comparison to 3 hour waits I've experienced seeing specialists in Toronto and there also not being enough ophthalmologists to adequately serve Niagara.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Amber sheikh has got to be by far the most impressive physician I have ever met. She is the most knowledgable ophthalmologist I have seen. I have been having vision problems for years now. Dr sheikh was immediately on the ball and was actually able to correctly discover my problem for which I'll leave the details out. I am very happy to have such a doctor in our region. We are fortunate and blessed to have such a kind-hearted, beautiful, young doctor that attends to our every needs!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Love love love her! One of the nicest doctors I've ever had

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

She is very competent and good at addressing my fears of laser surgery. My only negative is that her staff overbook her; I've always had to wait at least an hour past my appointment time to see her.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr Sheikh is so kind and so professional, I told my family Dr she should continue to refer patients to her because she makes her patients feel comfortable and calm. She is very knowledgeable and patient and I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. Amber Sheikh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Memorial University (Grad. 2010)

Commercial Insurance Company