Ratings for Dr. Amber Sheikh

I went to emerg. in Niagara Falls because my right eye was almost swollen shut, it felt like a hot needle was being stabbed into my eye ball. Emerg to me right away, had a doctor examine my eyes, did some tests and then phoned Dr. Sheilkh. I went to her office at 7.00p.m. and she was caring, professional, just a wonderful person and doctor, she put a contact which had medication on my eye. Dr. Sheikh was gentle, understanding... honestly I don't know another Specialist who would spend over 3 hours searching for an explanation to what was happening to my eye. I then went back to emerg for a cat scan, more blood work, and later IV with 2 different medications. In the morning the hospital got a taxi for me to go to Welland General to see another specialist (who I was not impressed with) & then a taxi came to bring me back to Niagara Falls Hospital...eventually I went home Tuesday afternoon. Her office called to see how I was doing after I got home and later called to make an appointment. When I went to her office the receptionist was very kind to me, I went and sat on the most comfortable chairs in the waiting room....now tell me what office do you know that has padded chairs for one to sit on? To me this showed another side of Dr. Sheikh. Her staff explained my eye examination before it started, after the first examination I had drops put in my eye and was told they would sting for a minute. (which they did). I was told what my vision was in each eye then asked to take a chair in the hallway...again the chairs were great! I had to wait a few minutes (which is really nothing) and then went into the examination room and again I had drops put in my eyes. Dr Sheikh came in about 5 minutes after I had sat down (again a very comfortable chair). She was quite surprised at how I looked from the first time she met me. She told me how worried she had been. She did an extensive examination, explained what had happened to my eye and if I had any problems again to call her office. She also asked what my family doctor felt when I had seen him. I would recommend her to everyone I know. She made me feel important to her. The staff treated me with respect, and were extremely nice. I must admit Dr. Sheikh spent the time that was needed with me. She is quite in demand, a very busy office.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Very professional office. Dr. Sheikh is very good at what she does. My only complaint is that I was booked for an appointment at 4:15, had my driver lined up, and was called the same day as my appointment to move my time to 3:00 or 3:15. I would have appreciated being actually booked at 3:15, if the 4:15 appointment was not really available. It would have been nice to have been contacted prior so that I didn't need to scramble to make sure my driver could accommodate me. I actually didn't see the Doctor until about 4:15 or later.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Sheikh was incredibly helpful and patient in addressing any concerns I had, and the wait time was reasonable, especially in comparison to 3 hour waits I've experienced seeing specialists in Toronto and there also not being enough ophthalmologists to adequately serve Niagara.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Amber sheikh has got to be by far the most impressive physician I have ever met. She is the most knowledgable ophthalmologist I have seen. I have been having vision problems for years now. Dr sheikh was immediately on the ball and was actually able to correctly discover my problem for which I'll leave the details out. I am very happy to have such a doctor in our region. We are fortunate and blessed to have such a kind-hearted, beautiful, young doctor that attends to our every needs!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Love love love her! One of the nicest doctors I've ever had

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

She is very competent and good at addressing my fears of laser surgery. My only negative is that her staff overbook her; I've always had to wait at least an hour past my appointment time to see her.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr Sheikh is so kind and so professional, I told my family Dr she should continue to refer patients to her because she makes her patients feel comfortable and calm. She is very knowledgeable and patient and I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

the staff were not very helpful the receptionist seemed disinterested and it felt like a cattle call....call your name...sit at a machine...someone trying to add drops to your eyes no explanation why they were required...get really flustered when told no...go to next machine....go sit again ..wait ridiculous amount of time before name called again...more drops with no clear explanation...three min with the Dr who seemed to lack skill in explaining why or the benefits any of the testing and why she needed to dilate pupils when an optometrist does not need to because of advanced technology in use.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Consistently have to wait a long time when I have an appointment. My time is valuable too

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

referred by emg. got seen by her later in the day and the next day also. great service and good care.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr. Amber Sheikh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Memorial University (Grad. 2010)