Ratings for Dr. James Howard

This person whom I believe does not deserve the title of Dr. is extremely rude. Not knowing how thin the walls are I'm guessing was trash talking behind closed doors. Very unprofessional and from what I have heard some of the staff feels the same way. Does not know the side effects of the pain meds he prescribes and did a horrific job on the surgery. If you are looking to get anything done save yourself a lot of pain and headache. Look elsewhere. His lack of knowledge is absolutely staggering.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I just met with Dr Howard on April 13th and I will require a hip replacement. The wait time could be a year. I do not blame him for that. It is an issue that our Provincial Government should be dealing with. In the meantime, I will work on losing some weight and doing more exercise to prepare me for post-op recovery. The Dr was pleasant and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I was introduced to him by another my previous surgeon. Due to my post surgery was not well performed resulted in me having a bull leg and suffering in a great amount of stiffness and pain, I took x-ray from my hip to my ankle and it clearly shows my knee is entirely off aligned. My previous surgeon is not capable of doing my revision surgery that's why he introduced me to Dr. Howard, he specifically pointed out that Dr. Howard is very good at revision surgeries. However, I have gone to see Dr. Howard over three times now and for some reason, he keeps rejecting to do my revision surgery and pushing me to see another specialist.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I seen Dr Howard on Jan 12th/ 2017, I will need complete hip replacement and have been unable to work since October 2016. I was told it would be 8-10 weeks before surgery. I have not a heard a single word from him or his office, and I have called 3 times and he does not even have a receptionist to answer calls, nor a way to leave a message. How much do Orthopedic Surgeons make??????

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Had a full hip replacement jan 25th, at 35 years of age. Dr Howard was amazing. Came to check on me twice a day, for the 3 days i was in. Did a great job on the incision,clean line. Staples came out with ease. Very good Dr. Made me feel comfertable every step of the way. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I have had Dr. Howard perform 2 total knee replacements as well as a hip replacement. Knee and hip approx 4 months apart. Then the other knee about a year later. All good. Highly recommend him. Refer anyone who needs the above to him. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

DR. Howard is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. My 93 year old mother broke her hip and then 3 weeks later had a more complex hip and thigh fracture on the same side. Her surgery could not be done at our area hospital so we were rushed to the University Hospital in London. Dr. Howard's willingness to operate and his surgical expertise gave her a second chance. He, and his team supported us through this difficult time and he continues to guide us and monitor her progress. We appreciate his dedication to his work and patients and, especially, his high skill as a surgeon and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Howard did two knee replacements for me and did excellent work each time.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Howard misdiagnosed my ACL injury as a meniscus tear. I have been living with the pain for two year now thinking that this what I have to suffer. Little did I know that it was a fully torn ACL. I can't believe I have had to suffer for 2 years of my life because of his lack of knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Very rude. Thinks he is A big shot,no manners at all,does not care how long you wait to see him,.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016