Ratings for Dr. Richard Tang-Wai

We had an excellent experience with Dr. Tang-Wai. He was thorough and took time to answer our questions. His answers to our questions were straightforward and easy to understand. He and his nurse always contacted and were very reassuring.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

My son had developed terrible seizures, and we are so fortunate that we had been seen by Dr. Tang-Wai who is a superb doctor. He was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain the test results and diagnosis. He always called us back to answer questions. We felt listened to. I had read the previous comment and can only say that Dr. Tang-Wai is my son's main neurologist. When my son was in hospital, it did not matter which neurologist was on call and who "rounded" on him because Dr. Tang- Wai saw my son almost daily regardless. Any decision to be made had to go through him first. I think its the same with the other neurologists.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Tang-Wai, has been a part of my grandson's neurological team, but we have never seen him. We have made repeated requests to be seen by him. We had a scheduled appointment with him, that was abruptly cancelled, with no reason given. My Grandson is in the Stollery right now and he can't be bothered to follow up with my daughter and see this poor little boy. I am shocked reading these reviews, they must be talking about two totally different neurologists! I can not fathom why a Doctor leaves a family searching for help to control a very rare form of epilepsy would turn his back on them! He should be ashamed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Tang Wai goes out of his way to connect with parents of his patients. If i have a question or concern he or his nurse are eager to provide an answer.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I cannot even begin to describe the level of respect I have for Dr. Tang-Wai! My daughter has an extremely rare chromosomal condition and as a results has irretractable epilepsy and was having upwards of 80 seizures per day. Dr. Tang-Wai was extremely devoted to finding out the exact type and location of her seizures and with an extensive drug protocol and IVIG therapy, he has reduced her seizures down to a few if ANY seizures per day, all the while still maintaining her quality of life. He has been the driving force in allowing my daughter to have a close to normal childhood, and for that I will always be grateful! He always made me feel comfortable with all of his protocols and explained them thoroughly. Any patient being seen by him is extremely fortunate and is without a doubt in very capable hands.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I was diagnosed by Dr. Richard with a strange form of epilepsy when I was 8. We had no idea where to go or what to do and he orchestrated all of y tests an results in a timely and continuous manner. There was no months gap with no news, he always checked in. As a child he made me feel respected to ask questions as needed, an not scared at all. Unfortunately I had to leave him at 16 and wish I never had to. Out of all of the doctors that have dealt with me, my epilepsy and my brain tumour, Tang-Wai had been the best.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr Tang wai is knowledgeable and patient docor who listen to your all concerns without getting panic.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

This man is amazing. He has helped my son and I deal with childhood epilepsy in a very straightforward way.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

He is an amazing Doctor and is always open to input from parents. I go into his office with lists of questions and things I have googled and he never gives you that look of "oh god..". He listens intently and gives you a great explanation to whatever question you have and never makes you feel stupid. Most of all, when he comes up with a new plan for your child, he always asks me "are you ok with this?" I never feel like he is trying to over rule me as a parent.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr Tang-Wai gets all 10's from are family he goes out of his way to find answer's ,where other's have failed .....Thank you we think your awesome !

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014