Ratings for Dr. Nancy McKee

I was a classmate of hers at U of T. I have been following up on everyone to see if I can predict success with patients by what I knew of them in med school. This is with a view to improving admission criteria. She was at or near the top of her class, had a good sense of humour but was business-like and no nonsense. I was warmed to read the positive comments but struck with the black and white nature of them. If you go to You a Tube one finds downvotes for everything including Mozart and Mother Theresa. Black and white is almost invariably a measure of personality clash, rather than incompetence. She fell into the category of ones I predicted correctly. There was a clear pattern for those I had underrated.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

Nancy McKee is by far the most impressive physician I have ever consulted. I am sorry that she has retired.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

I feel extremely fortunate to have had Dr. McKee take such good care of me. Sweet smiling gentle Dr. McKee took any hesitations that I may have had away shortly after meeting her - I knew then that I was in the right place. There's something special about a doctor who looks at you in certain way that says I've got you. Ten years later I'm still going strong.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

wish she didn't retire. Excellent surgeon who made you feel comfortable not scared and the results were successful in all my surgeries.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Just learned that Dr. Nancy McKee is retiring May 2016 . She is not doing any more surgery. Happy retirement Dr. McKee!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr. McKee is the hand surgeon of choice! She treats the whole person and takes time with her patients.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Had carpal tunnel surgery on my left right hand last year - it went very well - quick recovery and no problems since, which bodes well for what appears to be a similar problem now with my left one. I liked her, great sense of humour, clearly knows her stuff. No complaints at all.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

What a superb experience I had. I had an early appointment -- perhaps that's why my wait time was minimal. But I can in fact understand why some may need to wait: Dr. McKee is the epitome of thoroughness. She examines thoroughly, she explains thoroughly, and she listens! Her assistant / secretary is equally fine: professional, thoughtful, and caring. Both Dr. McKee and Tina get full marks in every category -- and also in the bedside manner department. I could not be more pleased. -- Dan L.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I saw Dr Mckee for the first time yesterday. I injured my hand playing soccer and developed gamekeepers thumb. Anyway, I did have to wait 2 hours to see her, yes her office was totally swamped, including her receptionist but it was the most complete service I have had in a while. She saw me and we realized my referring physician had not sent the lab results so she let me sit in the waiting room while they faxed it over. She then assessed me and said if I wait another hour they can have a custom made splint for my hand. So I spent almost half a day there but in the end I left with everything taken care of and plan for recovery that didn't take a month!!! Really happy.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. McKee is simply the best. Yes you have to wait a long time sometimes because she is so thorough with each patient and does not rush you. I would wait a full day for her if necessary. Just has carpal tunnel release on the left 3 weeks ago and on the right 2 days ago. I am amazed at how little discomfort there is and how well one can continue with "life" right after the surgery. Her skill, knowledge and compassion are beyond compare. And her sense of humour is a treat. What other surgeon do you know would help you get into the wheelchair along with the nurse after surgery and bring you a blanket and cover you when you are sitting in the recovery room because the nurses were busy? And her secretary Tina is doll and goes beyond the call of duty, along with Dr. McKee, in trying to accommodate your scheduling needs. There are no words of praise good enough for Dr. McKee and Tina.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014