Ratings for Dr. Annette U. Rickel

I think Dr. Rickel is an outstanding therapist, her expertise allowed me to learn and grow as a person, and get past a very difficult time in my life. As result of my time with Dr. Rickel I was able to have a much richer life beyond even my own hopes and dreams resulting in a fantastic marriage and a growing family. I always recommend her to friends as I think she stands out in her approach as she has a perspective and is clearly well trained, knowledgable about how to help people work through challenging situations. Agree that she is also a great coach. Spending time with Dr.Rickel was one of the best investments I made in myself.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr. Rickel has helped me tremendously. She is so easy to talk to and so insightful. I was very apprehensive to go back to therapy after a terrible experience I had with my last therapist, but a friend that I trust very much recommended Dr. Rickel, and I am so happy that I contacted her. She listens to me and responds in a way that I know she understands what I'm saying and contributes really thoughtful insights... I just feel like she gets it. I also appreciate that she has an opinion. She doesn't just sit there and ask you "how does that make you feel" type of questions until you draw you own conclusions, she actually responds and reaffirms. This is exactly what I needed in my life. I respect and trust her tremendously.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

She helped me get through a horrible time in my life. If it wasn't for her knowledge I don't know where I would be.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I first met with Dr. Annette Rickel in September 2006. She helped me tremendously with a personal crisis I was dealing with at the time. She not only helped me work through that tremendously painful episode with finesse and grace, but then became a life coach for me and has helped me to become more successful in my career as well as my personal life. She has become a mentor, a valued confidant, and an incredible role model. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a compassionate person and a competent doctor to help with any personal matter of any kind.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. Rickel has no insight into treating depression. She threatened to stop working with me if I ever had thoughts of suicide as if that's ever worked for anyone. She always made sure to remind me how annoying and burdensome my depression is for her, and she had the nerve to tell me that I'm a waste of her time: "I could be doing so many better things with my time right now...I am the president of the board at Memorial Sloan Kettering, that's a big job!"

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. Annette Rickel really helped me navigate some very stressful times in my life. She always made me feel welcome and important, and her insight into life is nothing short of amazing. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Very unhelpful. Dr. Rickel adds insult to injury - beware!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010