Ratings for Dr. Steven Abbey

He is an arrogant pig. I had another doctor diagnose my endometriosis via laparoscopy after Abbey operated twice on me and found nothing and told me it was 'all in my head' and 'I didn't look like I was in pain'. He also told me 'There's no way you can have endometriosis on your bowel.' Regardless of the pictures he was sent from my previous surgeon who had excised endometriosis...from my bowel. He's a complete twat and I can't believe Tweed Hospital let this man run the gynae clinic. He's a joke.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr Abbey performed an oophorectomy on me last week and he didn't even bother to meet me before or after the operation. No introduction. No post op check. Absolutely no communication at all. I've never even met him. Not once. I was told to go home straight after my operation, but I felt I needed to stay for a night. I was discharged next morning with no post op meds and in a lot of pain. My husband wasn't informed that I'd had the operation or where he could find me. The entire experience was horrible and made worse by not even having the peace of mind to have met my surgeon once. I'm very unimpressed by the complete lack of care and communication from this doctor and staff at Tweed hospital. He cancelled my operation in June with no explanation too and I had to reschedule for nearly 6 weeks after the original date despite being in terrible pain. I am disgusted by the way I've been treated by this surgeon and staff

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Had a great visit with Dr Abbey. explained things well and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I recently had an abdominal hysterectomy (Feb 2015) and found Dr Steven Abbey to be an excellent surgeon. I was very happy with the result and was appreciative of his pleasant manner and professional attitude.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

He delivered my first child in 2001 by emergency C section. Seems he forgot to suture the muscles in the abdominal wall, can you imagine? When I would stand, I would have to grab something so as not to fall backwards. I just thought it was normal. When I had my 2nd child in 2005, it was by c-section with another doctor. It was taking a very long time and concerned, I asked if something was wrong. He said, "Nothing...I'm just cleaning up some of Abby's mess. He didn't like to take his time when he was in surgery." No wonder it took me so long to heal and developed back problems. I even had abdominoplasty (of course, no insurance would pay for it). If I saw this man on the street, you would have to pull me off of him like Ralphie's mother in "A Christmas Story," when he snapped and beat up Scott Farkus.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Seems to have his own agenda. Gave very one-sided info on vbac. All cons, no pros. Personal manner was terrible. Treated me as an idiot. Had to prompt him for more info. When I questioned what he was saying because it contradicted what I had been told by other doctors he didn't seem to want to go into more detail.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Absolutely amazing! Very caring and kind. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I think he is great. Surprised anyone would have a bad experience with him. Shame he no longer works at Redlands

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Arrogant, uncaring and unsympathetic. There are plenty of better doctors out there. Don't risk this one.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011