Ratings for Dr. Hawa Kamara

So happy with Dr. Kamara and staff. Everyone is knowledgable and helpful. Phone wait times are annoying and inconvenient but there are off peak hours I find are best to get through if necessary.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Wonderful woman and incredible doctor, seems as if she genuinely cares and will squeeze you in if you ever have the most minor issue

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I too was a patient of Dr. Patel and transfer to Dr. Kamara. I find her to be very caring and knowledgeable. I find the wait time when trying to book an appointment too long ,but Dr.Kamara does not keep you waiting too long, but I find the staff rude and not helpful.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I too was a patient of Dr. Patel and was transferred to Dr. Kamara. I find that she is a knowledgeable and caring doctor. I am pleased that she is my family doctor. I would just like to say that because there is a problem with the office staff and waiting times DOES NOT make Dr. Kamara a terrible doctor. You may want to give the office a low rating but I do not think that should have anything to do with the doctor's rating.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr Kamara is great. Really personable, kind and patient.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Have been seeing Dr. Kamara for years and can agree that she has changed for the worse. She rushes appointments and seems to be too busy. Also the staff are awful and very disrespectful. I recently had pressed them to book a specialists appointment for me and after a month and a half of waiting for them to call with an appointment, I called the specialists office myself. Of course, I found out the appointment had been booked for ages and they just neglected to tell me. You're better off making calls for yourself instead of leaving things up to the office staff. Will be looking for new family doctor soon.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Kamara is a wonderful, caring and kind physician who takes a personal interest in her patients. If she is unsure of something, she will research and call you back, even after hours if necessary. I do find the telephone wait time to be very frustrating; however, Dr. Kamara's wise and caring manner is worth it.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

This review is based on years of having Dr. Kamara as my family physician. I too was a patient of Dr. Patel who left and I was then transferred to Dr. Kamara's care. Firstly, the office and staff are awful. After years of going there I still have to remind them who I am, they are incredibly rude and unaccomodating. Veronica is always snotty when booking appointments and if you tell them it's urgent they just tell you the doctor is booked regardless or to go to the walk in clinic. Calling is useless, be prepared to wait 30+ minutes to book anything, sometimes I'll drive the 20 minutes to the office just to get things addressed faster. Now as for Dr. Kamara herself, she used to be a great doctor. She is incredibly kind and charming and that hasn't changed. However she is just too busy now and doesn't have time for her patients. On so many different occasions, I have gone in with a concern or worry and it's brushed off or handed to a specialist. You can only talk about one thing per appointment otherwise she starts cutting you off and telling you to book another appointment for a different issue. It is so incredibly frustrating because I used to love having her as a doctor and now I feel like her practice has overwhelmed her and taken away her passion. It's a shame but now I will be searching for a new family physician that has time to address all issues and concerns. After all, we are putting our lives in their hands. Its only fair to expect a decent level of respect and understanding from our physicians.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr Kamara has a lovely gentle nature and was very thorough and knowledgeable. However the wait to make an appointment was unacceptable. On hold for 20 mins. This delay in getting through happens every time I have called. It is time to look for a new family clinic that does not cheap out on the administrative staff. The patients time is worth something also.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I am a senior and had only good experiences with Dr Kamara and the staff during the two years I attended the office. She is up to date in her knowledge of medicine and tells you when the diagnosis is uncertain; which is the right way to treat patients. I share the view of some others that the telephone service for appointments is poor; this is a management issue.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013