Ratings for Dr. A Abu Dieh

My wife and I went in to discuss weight loss and the fact that we were eating right and excersizing and not seeing any results. He walked in, took one look at her, said "don't bother coming back until you lose 50 pounds", and left. Months later, we independantly slowly narrowed things down to food allergies. No thanks to "Dr." Abu Dieh. While his "secretary" had slowly made dealing with hus office miserable, we were willing to accept it was just the receptionist. Sadly, his care and attention with me slowly started to take a downward turn, and this last meeting with my wife was indeed THE LAST time we ever saw him. Thanks for nothing Anwar.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr Abu-Dieh has been completely amazing ever since I was his patient! I dont know what some of the patients are saying when talking about him being "arrogant" or grumpy, but I find that he is a genuine doctor that really cares about his patient. Coming from a military worker, his services are utterly great!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Abu Dieh since February 2016. Previously, I have dealt with countless doctors, sleep clinics, naturopathic & homeopathic doctors, and chiropractors (and thousands of dollars spent for treatments) over the last 12 years to deal with what is presenting as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is exhausting being me. I don't like to complain about it or let it define me - but rather just keep on going and hope I am awake enough throughout the day. I thankfully was accepted by Dr. Abu Dieh after my husband's second request to bring me over, as my husband is quite satisfied with the care and attention he has received over the last few years since his old doctor retired. Anyone who knows my husband, know that he is difficult to please and does not recommend services easily. Our first visit was a meet and greet. The office was empty except for the receptionist who is very relatable and humorous - each time I go now, she just gets more awesome and knows her stuff. She made me feel comfortable, and I was (and each time) immediately invited from the waiting room to the exam room where she does her nursing tasks. Dr. Dieh is prompt to enter the exam room within a minute or two of the nurse, and always greets me with a hand shake - he also makes eye contact and has a great direct bedside manner. After our meet and greet, I was set up to get my blood work taken, and two weeks later, we had a game plan for my treatment. A month and a half after I started treatment, he noticed my fatigue levels had droppped significantly, and he tweaked some of my treatment to be more effective, and again advised me of the next steps. I do not feel like a number, a nuisance, or like my symptoms are being down played. Do you know how exhausting and degrading it is to not be taken seriously and be told to read a boring book and have a glass of warm milk (my previous mainstream doctor)? He is also on time. You don't spend 15-20 minutes waiting in a waiting room, then 15-20 minutes more in a closed exam room wondering when your doctor will arrive. I feel like he genuinely cares about his patients, and getting them on the path to recovery or normalcy in life. I would recommend him hands down to anyone, and feel fortunate to be under his and his nurses' care. Neither of them are allowed to retire!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I was very happy with Dr. Abu Dieh, but in recent visits I'd find he was grumpy or uncooperative. I don't know if something is going on in his personal life (I hope not), but my visits had been less pleasant. Also, because I hadn't seen him in a while, he terminated me as a patient without any notice at all! No letter, no call, nothing. But when I landed in emerg I'd still been sending him the reports. It would have been nice to know I'd been terminated before I listed him as my family MD when I had emergency surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Very nice, concerned and helpful doctor, treats patients as friends not customers.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

My wife and I known him since 2010 , he was very nice and helpful, but since 10 months ago he has a very rude unrespecred receiptinest. She asked my wife in a very rude language to find another doctor because she was late for 7 minutes. On April 2015 she gave me appointment card for appointment at 30 July. When I called one day before to confirm the appointment, she lied and said that she never gave me such appointments. when I one to year

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

this dr. used to be more concerned, lately he seems a different person, he tells instead of asks you to do something, last time i saw me he wrote a prescription that the pharmacist said was dangerous when combined with other meds i take, i don't think dr. abu dieh cares about his patients at all, he only cares about making money, i definitely need a new dr., wish they weren't so hard to find. he should be fired!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

When he is in a good mood you are laughing but when he is in a bad mood watch out. Don't even think about going to a clinic if he is unavailable because he gets charged and will take it out in you but wait until you see how easy it is for him to charge outragious fees for doctors notes. Like other patients have said, he use to be great but something has changed him and i wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Please stay away for your own sake.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Abu Dieh is one of the nicest doctor's my family and I have ever been to. He is patient and does not rush our appointments. I agree about previous MOA's he has had before. They were terrible, but there is a nurse there now and she is AMAZING.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

A terrible terrible doctor. He was supposed to be my family doctor but every time I call to get an appointment either no one answers the phone or they answer and give me a far appointment. His staff would also give an appointment and then call to cancel it saying the doctor is travelling. So I decided to start going to Appletree Medical Centers because they were more convenient and I could see the doctors faster. On top of that he is rude and everyone of his staff is very rude. I called today to ask if I could get an appointment with him and his secretary told me with a rude tone that the doctor asked her to remove my name from their file because I have been going to Walk In clinics and he doesn't tolerate that and told me to find another family doctor. I can't believe how arrogant he is and how rude his secretary is. Please stay away from him. We don't need doctors like him in Canada.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015