Ratings for Dr. Aaron P. Tansy

I LOVE Dr. Tansy. I have been through over 10 Doctors, trying to figure out what I have (exhausted, brain fog, cold, flu-like symptoms, etc.)and everyone would say I don't know, or you have nothing. I was told about this neurologist group at Staten Island hosp so I made an appt as my last resort. I actually wanted to see Dr. Souhel Najjar but they put me w/ Dr. Tansy. He LISTENED to me, took his time, ran a bunch of tests & diagnosed me with autoimmune encephalopathy. I've had treatment and and am 80% better :) He even would CALL ME BACK if I left a message with questions (unheard of from doctors of today). He actually took the time to look over all my past tests and doctor's notes (thick like a phone book) and didn't pawn me off to some other doctor. I would HIGHLY recommend him. The staff is also great at dealing with my insurance company and calling me back. They are the best :)

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Tansy seems professional, but his staff is defiantly not. He send patient for a lot of test, but the staff does not put in the proper paperwork to be able to make an appointment. Numerous calls to his office go unanswered. I spend hours on the phone checking to see if referrals are in. My opinion is, the patient is the customer who pays the bills this should not happen to the customer. Once all the test are done I will find another doctor, one who care how his/her patients are handled.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010