Ratings for Dr. Sue Kalaher

Fantastic doctor. We all lead busy lives and having a doctor who stays on point and gives you the options is wonderful. She has been a amazing asset to the care of my daughter who struggles with many aspects of life. I don't want to be coddled by a doctor, I want the straight talk and how to get the plan in action.. She is very knowledgeable and helpful and I highly recommend her. It is not about me it is about my child and I could not ask for better care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

If you wish for an abrupt, rude, arrogant, uncooperative, and dry toned doctor for your child then she's perfect! She refuses to listen to parents and listens more to the sound of her voice as she cannot listen or allow the parents to express their reasonings for coming in the first place. I was told "that's not relevant right now". I was fuming when I left. She gave me some BS advice and it wasn't even related to why I came so of course it wouldn't have worked for him! I sought out another pediatrician and I hope you read this Dr Kalaher, but it wasn't protein he needed, he's being tested for Autism and/or Sensory issues. You failed him! Now he has the doctor he needed! One who asked many questions, cared and was so sweet with my son! They really wanted to know all about him. This doctor needs a time out until she can play nicely with others. Unbelievable. I hope she remembers why the heck she became a pediatrician in the first place, because her cold mannerisms spoke she was miserable to be there.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

She is what she is. Cut and dry. To the point and out the door. BUT I don't mind that as long as you are treating my daughter properly. And for the past 8 years she has. I don't disagree with the abrupt, rude, condescending or passive attitude. But it doesn't bother me. She isn't like that to my daughter. She just wants her to be able to speak for herself. Mama bear needs to loosen up sometimes. So I did. If my daughter forgot anything Id mention it after. Learnt how to work with her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I first met Dr. Kalaher when my daughter was born prematurely- she was excellent- after 10 yrs I revisited her and again very polite and caring- did not suggest further treatment or meds.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was impressed when I initially took my daughter to see Dr. Kalaher; however, the last 2 appointments were disappointing. I found her rude and patronizing. She promised to call a dietitian for us and never followed through. We are switching to another pediatrician that has been recommended.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I like how knowledgable she is and how she makes my son take some responsibility for the visit. My son will have life long appointments and it's very important that he answers the questions and asks questions .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I took my son to see Dr. Kalaher this week and was so disappointed. She was so rude and made me feel like a terrible parent. When I said that my son has a cough and has had one for months she basically dismissed it. Then when I said it seemed to be worse after coming home from his dad's, she said "let me guess, it magically gets better at your house?". It sometimes does and I said that to her and she huffed at me and carried on with other things. I didn't even get an answer from her at all. I will be getting a second opinion for sure because I don't trust what she has to say at all.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Kalaher is very rude, my daughter is very shy and if my daughter didn't respond to her question because of not knowing the answer, i answered it for her DR KALAHAR then said if i dont shut my mouth i can go wait in the waiting room and then says she will book her in for the next visit for 5 mins who gives only 5 mins to see a pediatrician???

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Please DONT take your children to see this doctor! I can't imagine how many children are fed unnecessary medication so thus doctor can get paid by pharmaceutical companies. She us only a doctor to make a buck out of innocent, uninformed patients. I took my son there through a hospital Recommendation and because he had a febrile seizure. She diagnosed him with a seizure disorder without seeing and prior test results. She was rude when I asked for a EEG. I said to her "you are wanting to put him on anti seizure meds without seeing any test results" she said" these aren't febrile seizures" but "he only has had 3 others when he had a fever.... She tried to make a valid reasoning for herself, and so we put our son on meds. I didn't listen to her and asked my family doctor for another referral. Needless to say, my son has not had a fever related seizure in ONE year. I can imagine with didn't go with my gut, my son would be on unnecessary medication right now.... DONT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

We saw Dr. Kalaher recently and she was excellent. Knew exactly what was going on with our son and how to fix it. She saw us actually twice in one day and was very nice. She was great with our son and has a great sense of humour. She knows what she is talking about, is very reassuring and kind. I don't think the comments calling her rude and condescending are accurate at all.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015