Ratings for Dr. Sue Kalaher

Amazing doctor. Spent time explaining different options. Let us know what she felt the real issues were and how we could deal with situations. Was not wishy washy with recommendations. Her report helped get services we needed.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. Kalaher has a very busy practice. She has been very kind and caring to my son, as he has complex medical issues. Her advice and knowledge has been most helpful. She is also very good at referring to other specialists if the issue is outside her expertise.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Fantastic doctor. We all lead busy lives and having a doctor who stays on point and gives you the options is wonderful. She has been a amazing asset to the care of my daughter who struggles with many aspects of life. I don't want to be coddled by a doctor, I want the straight talk and how to get the plan in action.. She is very knowledgeable and helpful and I highly recommend her. It is not about me it is about my child and I could not ask for better care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

If you wish for an abrupt, rude, arrogant, uncooperative, and dry toned doctor for your child then she's perfect! She refuses to listen to parents and listens more to the sound of her voice as she cannot listen or allow the parents to express their reasonings for coming in the first place. I was told "that's not relevant right now". I was fuming when I left. She gave me some BS advice and it wasn't even related to why I came so of course it wouldn't have worked for him! I sought out another pediatrician and I hope you read this Dr Kalaher, but it wasn't protein he needed, he's being tested for Autism and/or Sensory issues. You failed him! Now he has the doctor he needed! One who asked many questions, cared and was so sweet with my son! They really wanted to know all about him. This doctor needs a time out until she can play nicely with others. Unbelievable. I hope she remembers why the heck she became a pediatrician in the first place, because her cold mannerisms spoke she was miserable to be there.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

She is what she is. Cut and dry. To the point and out the door. BUT I don't mind that as long as you are treating my daughter properly. And for the past 8 years she has. I don't disagree with the abrupt, rude, condescending or passive attitude. But it doesn't bother me. She isn't like that to my daughter. She just wants her to be able to speak for herself. Mama bear needs to loosen up sometimes. So I did. If my daughter forgot anything Id mention it after. Learnt how to work with her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I first met Dr. Kalaher when my daughter was born prematurely- she was excellent- after 10 yrs I revisited her and again very polite and caring- did not suggest further treatment or meds.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was impressed when I initially took my daughter to see Dr. Kalaher; however, the last 2 appointments were disappointing. I found her rude and patronizing. She promised to call a dietitian for us and never followed through. We are switching to another pediatrician that has been recommended.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I like how knowledgable she is and how she makes my son take some responsibility for the visit. My son will have life long appointments and it's very important that he answers the questions and asks questions .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I took my son to see Dr. Kalaher this week and was so disappointed. She was so rude and made me feel like a terrible parent. When I said that my son has a cough and has had one for months she basically dismissed it. Then when I said it seemed to be worse after coming home from his dad's, she said "let me guess, it magically gets better at your house?". It sometimes does and I said that to her and she huffed at me and carried on with other things. I didn't even get an answer from her at all. I will be getting a second opinion for sure because I don't trust what she has to say at all.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Kalaher is very rude, my daughter is very shy and if my daughter didn't respond to her question because of not knowing the answer, i answered it for her DR KALAHAR then said if i dont shut my mouth i can go wait in the waiting room and then says she will book her in for the next visit for 5 mins who gives only 5 mins to see a pediatrician???

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016