Ratings for Dr. John A. Jenkins

Very please with the results I received from having surgery with Dr. Jenkins.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

After suffering in pain for 10 years and dealing w/pain docs I went to Dr. Jenkins and initially he read the radiology reports from my MRI and said he didn't think I needed surgery. By then I had educated myself on how to read MRi's so I said, You're kidding, it doesn't look bad to you? He said I could come in and he could look at he films. I went in the next day and I was right and he realized I needed 3 discs replaced w/cadaver bone and a fusion. Now.... 5 yrs later I'm in pain in neck and low back (not because of his surgery), he looked at mri's and I need another cervical level disc replaced w/bone and fused. BUT, in regard to lumbar MRI he missed lateral hernia tigon saying he didn't see that I need surgery but was only looking at straight side view and not lateral. Disappointed at his lack of attention to detain, however I feel his surgical skills are great. He needs to hire someone to read the films for him. SUGGESTION: Educate yourself on reading MRI's so you can tell him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Office staff unprofessional. Dr had no empathy for pain made snap judgement.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

John Jenkins performed a newly approved surgery on me in fact i was first person to receive this surgery that was back in 2007 it was EXCEPTIONAL and i am still going strong today Praise God Thank you so very much MD John Jenkins

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Actually told me he could perform surgery that would not help or I should "live with the pain." Not reccomended.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Dr. Jenkins is the best. He saved my life after I broke my neck & suffered a complete spinal cord injury due to a horrific car accident. He performed an anterior fusion immediately & 3 days later he performed a posterior fusion. When I was stable enough after surgery I transferred to the number 1 spinal cord injury rehab facility in the US. While there I was under the care of a very picky neurosurgeon that specializes in spinal surgeries & is generally never happy with the quality of fusions that he sees (redoing about 90% of all surgeries he sees according to my nurses & therapists) & he was EXTREMELY impressed with the quality of surgery Dr. Jenkins performed which my nurse said was highly unusual as she had NEVER heard him compliment another surgeon before. Dr. Jenkins was very realistic with me and gave me an honest up-front prognosis. He took the time to answer mine & my families questions & made sure we understood everything. He & his staff all have a WONDERFUL bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

I have had 2 diskotomys by this Dr. I would refer him to anyone. He's great.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Easily the most condescending physician I have ever encountered. Smug doesn't begin to describe this guy: Jenkins actually answered my questions with a series of shrugs, and appeared put out when I pressed him for answers. His diagnosis was almost as abrupt as his manner. No wonder his office was empty. Pass.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

I am 5 days post op from lumbar spine surgery. Dr Jenkins is my HERO! I was able to get up and walk right out of anesthesia. I still have some pain, but what I have is at the surgical site and is only healing pain, no more back and leg pain. He was very thorough, great bedside manner (though he was quick due to other patients to care for)Overall I am extremely happy with Dr Jenkins and his staff. Right now I truely feel like he has given me my life back. I would reccommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr. John A. Jenkins's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1991)