Ratings for Dr. John A. Jenkins

John Jenkins highly unprofessional doctor. Left my husband high and dry of any relief from numbness in both legs and feet cannot walk and totally dropped him like trash to the curb!! I would not recommend him to an enemy he ruins people's lives causes mental trauma and definitely physical trauma! Has ruined my husband's life been numb for 2 and 1/2 going on 3 months got put in the hospital for groin pain numbness all the way down and after the MRI was done in the hospital he says I can't help him don't can talk to me anymore told the hospital that even! I agree with one and two of the first post I would not recommend this unprofessional *** to anybody!!! I can't believe he's even in business he's so unprofessional he cannot read films correctly any MRIs nothing sees you for 4 minutes and you're out the door with no relief or sound of Peace in mind! Has ruined my husband's livelihood and has children and has to sit here and pain can't go to work nothing!!!! I just cannot believe that someone that is supposed to be so professional is so unknowledgeable about the back spine!! He should not be allowed to see people if he's just going to throw them out. So as my husband lives in agony he's got to see another surgeon that can try to help them that is apparently going to be more knowledgeable than this man. My husband had all the nerve testing needed to have done the nerve doctor said give this to the surgeon he'll know what to do he doesn't know anything about the anatomy of the spine does incorrect surgeries I wouldn't recommend him to anybody unless you're just playing Russian roulette!!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Dr. John Jenkins did a very non invasive surgery sliced back open (no need for that) never ran any test before surgery and did not do the surgery the way it was suppose to go. I would beg him to help me and he would refuse to see him. As a result I had to have another back surgery to correct and do what he never did. I was left for a year in more pain then any human should endure. The 2nd doctor said I don't know how she made it this far she had absolutely no support or stability in her back. I was worse after the surgery then before. Not so much as a back brace. Physically I can not do anything I did before and mentally destroyed me. The 2nd doctor manage to do more work correct what little he did do all in a 1 inch incision on my side. Jenkins has taken away my quality of life leaving me without able to work and and so much pain. The 2nd doctor told me my pain comes from the first surgery. I would be aware and demand test ask question but be forceful cause he would always dismiss me like it did matter. End result I will have unbelievable pain unable to enjoy life I can not sit long not stand and thats the easy things. And mentally it tore me down. I would not recommend him to anyone ...I would hate for someone to go through what I did and they should not .

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

To me He's the best ! Did my neck(Disk) surgery and until now I had no more pain. Was performed about 8yrs ago! Thank you Dr. Jenkins

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Very please with the results I received from having surgery with Dr. Jenkins.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

After suffering in pain for 10 years and dealing w/pain docs I went to Dr. Jenkins and initially he read the radiology reports from my MRI and said he didn't think I needed surgery. By then I had educated myself on how to read MRi's so I said, You're kidding, it doesn't look bad to you? He said I could come in and he could look at he films. I went in the next day and I was right and he realized I needed 3 discs replaced w/cadaver bone and a fusion. Now.... 5 yrs later I'm in pain in neck and low back (not because of his surgery), he looked at mri's and I need another cervical level disc replaced w/bone and fused. BUT, in regard to lumbar MRI he missed lateral hernia tigon saying he didn't see that I need surgery but was only looking at straight side view and not lateral. Disappointed at his lack of attention to detain, however I feel his surgical skills are great. He needs to hire someone to read the films for him. SUGGESTION: Educate yourself on reading MRI's so you can tell him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Office staff unprofessional. Dr had no empathy for pain made snap judgement.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

John Jenkins performed a newly approved surgery on me in fact i was first person to receive this surgery that was back in 2007 it was EXCEPTIONAL and i am still going strong today Praise God Thank you so very much MD John Jenkins

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Actually told me he could perform surgery that would not help or I should "live with the pain." Not reccomended.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Dr. Jenkins is the best. He saved my life after I broke my neck & suffered a complete spinal cord injury due to a horrific car accident. He performed an anterior fusion immediately & 3 days later he performed a posterior fusion. When I was stable enough after surgery I transferred to the number 1 spinal cord injury rehab facility in the US. While there I was under the care of a very picky neurosurgeon that specializes in spinal surgeries & is generally never happy with the quality of fusions that he sees (redoing about 90% of all surgeries he sees according to my nurses & therapists) & he was EXTREMELY impressed with the quality of surgery Dr. Jenkins performed which my nurse said was highly unusual as she had NEVER heard him compliment another surgeon before. Dr. Jenkins was very realistic with me and gave me an honest up-front prognosis. He took the time to answer mine & my families questions & made sure we understood everything. He & his staff all have a WONDERFUL bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

Dr. John A. Jenkins's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med