Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Newton

Staff seems friendly. Treatment seems good so far.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Some of the staff have a very bad attitude and act like they are personally doing you a favour by doing what you paid for. If you are given an estimated timeframe of 24 months, expect your treatment to stretch to a year over that and with not so great results at that.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

The service is okay but not as personalized as I would like. I almost never see Dr. Newton, even when there is a change in my child's treatment, I speak to someone else. Scheduling is very difficult as the office is closed for all school holidays and every Friday, and morning and late afternoon appointments are booked weeks in advance. That usually means pulling my child out of school for an appointment in the middle of the day, which is a big inconvenience for me, and causes him to fall behind in his studies. I think an office that caters mostly to teenagers should be more accommodating of the needs of students.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr Newton informed me at my first visit that I would not be able to use invisalign. I have clear braces and I love the job he and his staff are doing on perfecting my smile!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Newton. At my brief consult his assistant offered me invisalign (which turned out to not be a good idea for my bite issues) and said 6 months of treatment, no problem. Almost two years later my teeth had not been straightened properly and I still had my bite issues. I tried to discuss this with him and he went back and forth between being agreeable and listening to me vs. being impatient and getting angry at me. The worst part is he caused one of my front teeth to become misshapen because he did a shoddy IPR job. His office pushes invisalign even in cases where regular braces would serve the patient better. He does charge less than many other orthodontists, but you get what you pay for. I have found an excellent orthodontist who is now fixing my outstanding bite and alignment issues, although nothing can be done to bring back the shape of my front tooth. Also, his office does not give personalized care and has an "assembly line" approach.

Submitted October 1, 2013

Just started seeing him but our initial consultation was very thorough. His office is beautiful. Staff is fairly helpful.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010