Ratings for Dr. Barry Nolt

I just wanted to send a note to say thank you for booking me in on such short notice on Tuesday April 3rd, 2018 for an eye appointment. Your staff is professional and courteous and thanks to you Dr. Nolt, my eyes are much better! I will be recommending you to my family and friends! 

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I have mixed feelings regarding my experience with Dr. Nolt. While his staff were courteous and prompt over the phone and in person, and he saw me right away on both my visits, I left dissatisfied. The visit was very impersonal. I felt like Dr. Nolt was in a rush, even though there were no patients in the waiting area before or after me on either visit. While he stopped to allow me to ask questions, this was always after he had interrupted me first. I came to Dr. Nolt with symptoms of an eye allergy. I wanted to know what might have caused this development, as I've never had an allergy in my life. He shrugged and said it was likely "the environment," and that it was so mild that an allergy test likely wouldn't pick it up. I have since been in consultation with a different optometrist, who concurs that I have an eye allergy, but when I told her which two prescription drops Dr. Nolt had tried with me, she said they were the strongest prescriptions for eye drops I could have been given! For a *MILD* allergy? Seems a little excessive, and they were awful (likely because they were too strong). Dr. Nolt also never took the time to explore and explain other symptoms I had that weren't consistent with eye allergy, but were instead consistent with dry eye and antihistamine side effects. I had to hunt these symptoms down through much cross-checking on the internet. The new optometrist I've chosen has acknowledged both, and recommended strategies and monitoring for both--which includes a prescription but is not limited to just that. Dr. Nolt seemed more interesting in just dealing with symptoms with a prescription and carrying on his day. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr Nolt knows what he is doing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I priced checked a couple of frames that I was interested in and his prices were below the costs I received elsewhere. Great Service.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

They are great . Been going there for a long time 🙂

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

The professionalism of the staff is outstanding. They have vast knowledge of their products and their recommendations are most helpful. Fast courtous and efficient. 5 stars all the way

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Nolt for over 10 years and have always been happy with him and his staff. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I went in to see Dr.Nolt, and he was very helpful. His staff on the other hand are not. They first told me my insurance wouldn't cover my visit, and then said oh we put in in wrong. They then said we can't see you because it's over your appointment time, so you have to reschedule even though it was their fault. Don't know if ill be back, even though I have been seeing him for over 27 years.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I hesitate to tell the truth, but it may help people who are trying to get a good service. Dr. Nolt appears to be rushed, inaccurate and ignorant. My vision has changed and I couldn’t read from my old prescription glasses. I described the issue and Dr. Nolt did an eye exam on me. He constantly pushed me to focus on wrong settings and ignored the fact that I had hard time to focus on them. I understand he was busy when he rushed me out, but I was very surprised that he told me there was no change on my vision and gave me almost the same prescription he gave me the year before. Hesitated, I ordered the glasses. They turned out impossible for me to use. I went back and the staff adjusted my prescription. I ordered another pair. They still didn’t work. I ended up order 4 pairs of glasses with 4 different prescriptions. The last pair’s prescription was very far from his first prescription and still gives me double vision for close reading. I would not recommend him for anyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Prompt, pleasant, informative, and a good communicator. Had me in and out of his office for my eye exam in about 25 minutes. Provided a prescription for reading glasses, but did not in any way discourage me from continuing to use my el-cheapo non-prescription glasses, since they seem to be working out fine for me—despite the fact he operates an on-site dispensary. No push for the up-sell, in other words. An easy guy to recommend.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I come from a small community where visiting your health care professionals is somewhat like running into an acquaintence at the local supermarket. I was worried I would find the experience very detached but was glad to be proven wrong. The front line staff were very thorough and efficient. My very first Doctor in the 'big' city and he was very on time, polite, knowledgeable and professional. I felt that everyone was open and honest and it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Thank you all!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013