Ratings for Dr. Shaun Kilty

I was referred by my family physician to consult with an ent specialist regarding my constant ear infections. When I was given an appointment to see Dr Kilty, I was more than disappointed with his service as a doctor. Although he may be highly recommended and knowledgeable in his profession, my personal experience was more than poor with him. I waited approximately 45 min to see him.....which was fine! I expect to wait when I am at any doctors office. When I did see him my interaction with him lasted about a min and a half. He told me that I should remember to wash my hands in the winter season to prevent the spread of a viral disease. When I told him I have a chronic ear problem which intensifies when I get the flu, he stated he only deals with sinus problem, and not with ears. I can't say that I would recommend Kilty to patients that are seeking a professional. My experience with him was negative and may only be a one off. If your family doctor refers you to Kilty I would recommend they provide you with another ent specialist. I hope others who are referred to him will have a better experience with him. He indicated to me that my sinuses were fine. When I asked him if I needed to see him again during the winter season where my medical issues get worse, he said no. I find Dr Kilty to be unprofessional and in my case not helpful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I have seen Dr. Kilty many times. On our first visit he recommended surgery. Surgery was done within 3 months. Excellent care! I still have sinus infections now and then, but knew I would be more susceptible. Continues to see me to follow-up. He is very friendly, listens well, talks personally to me about life in general. Never had a bad visit. Always attentive. Recommend him highly. Actually have and the other lady is just as happy.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

If you do not need surgery he does not seem to care. I have post nasal drip and he refused to offer any assistance.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

After unsuccessfully visiting several ENT's, Dr. Kilty was the one who actually helped me instead of just prescribing antibiotics like previous specialists did. He diagnosed the problem. Answered my questions. He performed endoscopic sinus surgery. Now I am recovering after surgery. Reading other reviews, I want to mention - he is not the one who talks a lot. If he is able to help you - he will help without "blah blah blah". I am glad I have visited him. Very professional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I went to see Dr. Kilty over 1 year ago for chronic congestion, coughing etc that does not go away. I continue to have the same problem only it's worse. I was in his office for 2 to 3 mins and he told me to go see an allergist. He couldn't help me. No allergies after seeing Dr. Han Pong. Phoned Dr. Kitty's office 3x and each time he would not see me. Note: In the past 5 years, I have had two different forms of Breast Cancer. For this Doctor to be one of our " top ENT's", and affiliated with the Ottawa Hospital is crazy! Reading the reviews, it seems if you don't need Surgery , you don't need his help! Our Health Care System is paying for this guy! I myself still suffer major congestion, infections etc. and now waiting to hear from an other ENT Specialist to see if this ENT can help me. I have suffered enough and with Doctor's like Dr. Kilty, I don't have much respect for Specialist's! I hope this problem I have does not lead to another major Health Crisis for me!!!! Feeling very angry that an ENT Specialist who went to School for several years could not help me!,,,

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Good comprehensive thinker but horrendous bedside manner. He interrupts, dismisses concerns too quickly, and sits with his back to patients while making computer entries. He almost seems bored with seeing patients in clinic. Takes no time to review your chart before you enter the room, so don't assume he remembers anything from the last appointment, including why you're there.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Most knowledgeable doctor I've ever seen. I thought I would need surgery but was treated in clinic. So happy.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

On July 21, 2015 I had my pituitary tumor removed via Transsphenoidal surgery. Dr. Shaun Kilty was my ENT surgeon. I only saw him once before the surgery; he appeared to be very knowledgeable. He explained everything and answered all of my questions, which gave me peace of mind. The surgery went so well that I didn't even have swelling in my nose. He visited me almost every day after the surgery before I was discharged from the hospital. He always brought lots of light and good energy with his smile and positive attitude. I would recommend Dr. Shaun Kilty to anyone that needs an ENT surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

He is a very knowledgeable doctor. Explains everything clearly and patiently. I have full confidence in his opinion.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Read some of his old reviews but did not have any problems discussing things. Had my list of questions and concerns about nasal septoplasty ( deviated septum) and he answered them all, take a list with you. Even saw me again because I use a CPAP and was a big baby and concerned about what technique he was going to use. Told him a buddy of mine had gone to the States because of a new technique without packing and he told me -Not so new, same technique he used. Had a good discussion regarding the use of my CPAP post surgery, scheduled me in first thing for the operation so I would not have to stay at hospital for a night because of CPAP. They also took me in when I called earlier than my post op appointment. Overall great experience. 5 weeks post operation and my nose breathing is outstanding. Did a great job. My buddy and I compared experiences and I think I got the best of the two. His answers in the appointments were short but when I wanted more I asked. When I was concerned he hadn't heard me I let him know. Had a couple of great conversations that put me at ease. His administrator (Stephanie) was a great help and a pleasure to work with. Left her voice mails, with schedule problems, and concerns and got call backs and help the same day. Overall experience was great. Hey, if you have a problem with a Doc let them know. I use to think I had some bad days until I got to know a couple and heard some of the stuff they deal with sometimes just minutes before they see you. Sometimes sensitivity is not on the top of their list. Let them know. It regrounds them to you. :)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014