Ratings for Dr. Shaun Kilty

Was referred January 31st 2017. It's may 7th 2018 and I still have not had a consult yet. I had a mass crush my nasal passages in 2015 and has been waiting 1year and four months to even just be seen. If you have any emergency do not go here go somewhere else. I can't get a hold of this clerk that they have and patients are not allowed to leave messages about their referal as those calls will not be returned. So... Will I ever be seen who knows been 1 year 4 months so far. If they didn't want to see me they also should have contacted me so I wasn't wasting my time being unable to breath through my nose and gone to someone else.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I had the best care from Dr.Kilty very kind, on time and answered any questions I had. Im just recovering from my surgery and look forward to seeing at my follow up in a few weeks.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Kilty by the emergency room doctor. I called and left a message to his staff that this was an emergency and I needed to make an appointment asap. It has been five days and I have yet to hear back from them. Does his administrative staff have no empathy? I figure if they don't then he doesn't also.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I was referred by my family physician to consult with an ent specialist regarding my constant ear infections. When I was given an appointment to see Dr Kilty, I was more than disappointed with his service as a doctor. Although he may be highly recommended and knowledgeable in his profession, my personal experience was more than poor with him. I waited approximately 45 min to see him.....which was fine! I expect to wait when I am at any doctors office. When I did see him my interaction with him lasted about a min and a half. He told me that I should remember to wash my hands in the winter season to prevent the spread of a viral disease. When I told him I have a chronic ear problem which intensifies when I get the flu, he stated he only deals with sinus problem, and not with ears. I can't say that I would recommend Kilty to patients that are seeking a professional. My experience with him was negative and may only be a one off. If your family doctor refers you to Kilty I would recommend they provide you with another ent specialist. I hope others who are referred to him will have a better experience with him. He indicated to me that my sinuses were fine. When I asked him if I needed to see him again during the winter season where my medical issues get worse, he said no. I find Dr Kilty to be unprofessional and in my case not helpful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I have seen Dr. Kilty many times. On our first visit he recommended surgery. Surgery was done within 3 months. Excellent care! I still have sinus infections now and then, but knew I would be more susceptible. Continues to see me to follow-up. He is very friendly, listens well, talks personally to me about life in general. Never had a bad visit. Always attentive. Recommend him highly. Actually have and the other lady is just as happy.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

If you do not need surgery he does not seem to care. I have post nasal drip and he refused to offer any assistance.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

After unsuccessfully visiting several ENT's, Dr. Kilty was the one who actually helped me instead of just prescribing antibiotics like previous specialists did. He diagnosed the problem. Answered my questions. He performed endoscopic sinus surgery. Now I am recovering after surgery. Reading other reviews, I want to mention - he is not the one who talks a lot. If he is able to help you - he will help without "blah blah blah". I am glad I have visited him. Very professional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I went to see Dr. Kilty over 1 year ago for chronic congestion, coughing etc that does not go away. I continue to have the same problem only it's worse. I was in his office for 2 to 3 mins and he told me to go see an allergist. He couldn't help me. No allergies after seeing Dr. Han Pong. Phoned Dr. Kitty's office 3x and each time he would not see me. Note: In the past 5 years, I have had two different forms of Breast Cancer. For this Doctor to be one of our " top ENT's", and affiliated with the Ottawa Hospital is crazy! Reading the reviews, it seems if you don't need Surgery , you don't need his help! Our Health Care System is paying for this guy! I myself still suffer major congestion, infections etc. and now waiting to hear from an other ENT Specialist to see if this ENT can help me. I have suffered enough and with Doctor's like Dr. Kilty, I don't have much respect for Specialist's! I hope this problem I have does not lead to another major Health Crisis for me!!!! Feeling very angry that an ENT Specialist who went to School for several years could not help me!,,,

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Good comprehensive thinker but horrendous bedside manner. He interrupts, dismisses concerns too quickly, and sits with his back to patients while making computer entries. He almost seems bored with seeing patients in clinic. Takes no time to review your chart before you enter the room, so don't assume he remembers anything from the last appointment, including why you're there.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Most knowledgeable doctor I've ever seen. I thought I would need surgery but was treated in clinic. So happy.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015