You may also like

Rate Dr. Vladimir Shmitsman

Dr. Vladimir Shmitsman's Ratings

Knowledgeable and has done great things for me. But, (2 times now) I had to take a break from going there. I take a break for 6 months and then go back and it works better. I decided to quit going this time because I feel like his goals for my health and mine don't match. I am 50, 5 ft 6 and have a 53 inch waist although my legs and arms are not proportionally heavy although I am obese. At my last visit he said, "we have made great progress. You used be bloated all the time, and now you are not." Which part of my 53 inch waist did he fail to notice? I said, "my waist can vary 8 to 10 cm in a day - I think I am bloated." He didn't like that. He is always right - never challenge him and you will get along. Question his point of view and he gets his back up. Yes, the Russian receptionist is VERY rude. The Asian receptionists need English classes and are pretty rude too. The son is nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2863853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

My family and I saw this guy for a number of years. While he no doubt has some knowledge and has some helpfulness for certain ailments he needs to know his limitations and when to bow out. I have a fairly serious lung ailment and of course its all related to my liver etc which is fairly par for course in any ailment he seems to treat. I had a fairly nasty flare up of a lung infection that cultured as Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. Not knowing this, I saw Shmitsman with examples of the bright orange phlegm if was coughing up for about a month. Instead of telling me I should get myself over to a specialist asap, he confidently applied some stupid ear magnets and suggested all would be well by repeatedly pressing them accupoints. Not only do they look ridiculous, they did the square root of dick all in terms of treating me and indeed, my prolonging not getting on serious antibiotics resulted in a much deeper and difficult to treat infection. This sort of charlatan behaviour suggests to me that anyone with issues that are beyond psychosomatic should be very careful. In my case the, bacteria has now colonized my lungs and its almost impossible to get rid of. As my younger daughter pointed out, Shmitsman has warts on his fingers and as he hasn't been able to rid himself of these (a virus) how effective could he be with other issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2861141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have been to Dr. Shmitsman since he opened his first practice he is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me through many ailments. He is not expensive and his remedies are easy to take and his acupuncture works and doesn't take a lot of time. I can't speak highly enough about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I love Dr. Shmitsman, he keeps me sane as long as I stay on his magical drops ect:) He has helped me through menopause symptoms a great deal. Extremely intelligent man, really care for his patients, and truly wants to heal. His book is a MUST read!! So much better than drugs from medical doctors. Very reasonable also, usually end up paying around $125 includes medication and acupuncture treatment. Think of what drugs cost from the doctor before you complain about price:)He is a miracle worker in my mind, I've been going for two year's, and feel awesome!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2474177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Shmitsman since 2008. Initially I came in with eczema. I was desperate and was willing to try anything. I used the usual steroid cream, that traditional doctors prescribe, but my eczema spread all around (a.k.a. "symptom suppression"). After two months of diet and drops it was gone. Since then my family, friends and I have treated tons of various "symptoms", and I'm extremely thankful to him for helping us. All with zero prescription drugs! As far as other points: his russian receptionist can look like she is rude to people that grew up in Canada, however she is pretty normal for a russian style receptionist. His asian receptionist was also rude a couple of times. His son was very nice to deal with. He was always on time (I never had to wait!). Back in 2008 he seemed that he was always in a rush and not very warm. Then I took about a couple of years break and went back, and he seems a lot more happier, smiles and jokes. My kids love him too!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][191771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

This man is one of the very best health practitioners I have ever encountered. To me his is an angel. I have been going to him for well over 10 years. My over-all wellbeing seems to be of the unmost importance. I recommend him to my clients and friends. Just the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I meet Dr Shmitsman shortly after he immigrated to Canada. He cure completely my daughter asthma and multiple allergies. After half year of intense treatment ( acupressure)my little girl went thru all medical tests and doctors didn't believe in result. After 20 years- no allergies, no asthma - healthy strong woman.It was miracle!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][191769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

He knows a lot but it looks like he's not willing to apply his knowledge 100%. The acupuncture treatment lasts only 3 mins, another 3 mins is a diagnostics. The rest is a consultation. I had a feeling that i was getting only 20% of what i paid for ( $75 +HST) The receptionists leady is not polite at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

The receptionists are part-time so many of them seeing as Dr Shmitsman works long hours (workaholic - but does it because he loves to help people.) The Russian woman receptionist is rude, one of the Asians receptionists needs ESL classes. Dr. Shmitsman has changed my life. When I decide I can't afford to go, it is only about 6 months and I am back wanting his help. MDs may tell you nothing is wrong - that it is all in your head. Dr. Shmitsman recognizes that emotions, anxiety, etc are part of the whole picture and MUST be normalized for the body to function in harmony. I have referred friends who have been fighting cancer -- and they are amazed at how much easier it makes chemo (manages side effects) and several of my friends say they would be dead long ago without his help. I am not saying he is a miracle worker, I have also met people who didn't get results. You have to just trust him. Yes, he can be blunt, it isn't meant to be unkind...he has a heart gold.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][191767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

very good results for my wife, she was suffering from serious depression and gone from specialist to specialist, without any improvement. They kept on giving more antidepressants and advised on stress management. He treated her mainly with homeopathy and herbs, advised on dietary changes. Several treatments later she is completely off prescription drugs and now refuses to see her MD at all, unless it is an emergency. I would highly recommend this doc to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191766].votes_count ]]