Ratings for Dr. Vladimir Shmitsman

I was amazed by Dr. Shmitsmans kindness and help. I am a single, low income mother of three children and suffered with migraine headaches for many years. It was limiting my ability to work and care for my youngest child as it would suddenly appear and could remain as long as several days. I heard about this doctor from a friend of mine who got help with her condition, she was seeing different specialists without much improvement. I was really afraid that his treatments would be unaffordable as he warned me that it could take several months to a year to get better. Fortunately, he provided treatments free of charge up until now, my migraines are just about gone with rare and mild ones which come and go. It took 14 months to get there with homeopathic treatments. One day I will fully compensate him when my finances are in order. I cannot describe how this person and his treatment helped me feel, very happy to have him here in our city!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I have been coming to Dr. Shmitsman for many years now. He would always rather find a way to cure the root of the problem, rather than the symptoms. First time i had a major issue, I came to him in 2010 as he came highly recommended by my family physician. Within a couple of appointments he had cured my anxiety and helped me to manage and to understand it better. 3 years later I came to him again for my excruciating back pain, which he helped to gradually rid off as well. Also recently I had come to him with our baby's asthma, and after taking the medication he provided we saw an immediate improvement and eventually it was gone. A miracle worker ! So happy to know a doctor with that much knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

He is by far one of the best Chinese Medicine practitioners in Vancouver. I have been to numerous in the past to deal with my digestive problems without much success. He placed me on a strict diet which was not easy to keep and combined it with laser acupuncture, homeopathic treatments. It took almost a year to get to where I am now, but it was the best choice I've ever made. My son is now also a patient of Vladimir for skin complains. He had some improvement already, it has been roughly 4 months, or two visits as the doctor usually asks you to come back every 2 months for a follow up. I do recommend this doctor to all my close friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I swear by this doctor. My parentsd forced me to go because he had been helpful for them. Best thing I could have done. He is always on time, if not early. He listens to your concerns. He makes sure you fully understand what he is suggesting and even uses his own books to let you read up on something. He has one kind soul

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

About 5 years ago I had a persistent chest infection that wasn't responding to antibiotics. I had success in the past with a classically trained homeopath. After a number of months the infection progressed to a virulent orange coloured phlegm that worried me. It ended up being blood with a Pseudomonas Aeuriginosa infection. I showed Shmitsman the colour and all he offered was some stupid magnets that he taped to my ears. I asked him if seriously this would help and he affirmed this. No suggestion that I should get myself to hospital. The infection got worse to the point where I had to get on IV antibiotics which cleared things up after 2 days. In retrospect I should have sued Shmitsman for negligence. This guy is a charlatan who should know the limits of his quackery and at least acknowledge when someone with a serious condition should get proper medical attention. If your condition responds to psychosomatic treatment, continue to give him your money, otherwise stay away.

Submitted February 27, 2017

I went to Dr Shmitsman to get help with my frozen shoulder- after seeing many other practitioners who either did not help at all, or made things worse ( chiropractor gave me a headache).. His combination of remedies for the liver, and the acupuncture helped me heal. My range of movement always improved after a acupuncture treatment. I love his diagnostic devices too! I have always found him to be warm, helpful , a reasonably good listener and responsive to new symptoms. HIs sons as receptionists are also friendly and warm. I've never met any rude Russian lady at the front desk, so not sure what other people are talking about.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

He is the best dr. I have ever met. I'm suffering from hypothyroidism from last 7-8 years. One of my friend recommended me to see this Dr. And I'm glad that I acknowledged my friends advice. Today was the 2nd visit and I'm already feeling great. He is good listener and very kind hearted. Very knowledgeable and experienced. He's the best.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I was very disappointed. He acted like he knows everything about my condition and it will take 9 months to get better. After 9 months I didn't get better just worse he said we need 6 more months. After going to see him for a few years, I started researching about my health issues and I understood that Dr. Shmitsman knows nothing! I lost my time and money. He is a good salesman and can really sell himself. He is a good psychologist and will tell you what you want to hear I never met anyone that got better after seeing him. BIG SCAM!

Submitted March 16, 2016

Great doctor and staff, we've been seeing him for almost 10 years on and off, he is definitely worth my drive from Tsawassen into Van and back. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Knowledgeable and has done great things for me. But, (2 times now) I had to take a break from going there. I take a break for 6 months and then go back and it works better. I decided to quit going this time because I feel like his goals for my health and mine don't match. I am 50, 5 ft 6 and have a 53 inch waist although my legs and arms are not proportionally heavy although I am obese. At my last visit he said, "we have made great progress. You used be bloated all the time, and now you are not." Which part of my 53 inch waist did he fail to notice? I said, "my waist can vary 8 to 10 cm in a day - I think I am bloated." He didn't like that. He is always right - never challenge him and you will get along. Question his point of view and he gets his back up. Yes, the Russian receptionist is VERY rude. The Asian receptionists need English classes and are pretty rude too. The son is nice.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015