Ratings for Dr. Eli Akbari

Barely stayed in room. 2nd time I saw her didn't help at all.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I have seen Dr. Akbari 3 times over the past few months and find her to be an excellent specialist. She truly seems to care and takes the time to listen and answer any questions. As a plus, she suggested I could always email her if any other questions needed to be answered that I thought of at a later date. GT

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Akbari today as an emergency fit in for an abscess on my tonsil and she was extremely efficient, pleasant and I am so thankful I saw her. MB

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Got in for my referral very quick. Had to wait in the office 10:15 appointment turned into a 10:45. When I got in she was very nice and professional. Went over the possible scenarios that could happen with my deviated septum and sinus issues. So far no big issues with her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I was referred to Dr Akbari as i have been suffering from dizzy spells for many years, and was very keen to see if she could help me. She asked me to tell her what the problem was without mentioning vertigo or dizzy, um I'm dizzy! the worlds spinning, what else do you say?? She then asked me to get on the bed, and promptly started performing a maneuver without telling me she was performing it, and what was involved, all she said is I'm just going to lie you down... I am suffering from vertigo! the whole world spins when I move my head let alone lie down fast and turn my head on a 45 degree angle! It turns out, not because she told us but because we went home and looked it up on Youtube, she was performing the Epily maneuver which is to reposition the crystals in your ear which causes vertigo. She however performed it incorrectly, which we found out by watching the Youtube videos! She didn't explain what she was doing and kept telling me to relax (when the entire world is spinning and I have no idea what she's doing to me). She looked in my ears and nose with a camera as I have also had terrible sinus problems and didn't say anything about what she saw until my daughter asked her what did she see?? she brushed it off that I just had a lot of scarring from all my ear infections... which really tells me nothing. She finished the appointment by telling my daughter, not me, I have BPPV and referred me to a physio to perform the Epily maneuver and to watch youtube videos, (which is how we know that's what she did and that she did it wrong), and do it myself at home. So we have deduced from what she scrawled on a piece of paper that I am suffering from vertigo and to correct the displaced crystals in my ear the Epily maneuver should be performed. There are actually steps in performing this maneuver and you need to know which ear is affected to do it correctly, she hasn't even told us that much, we have managed to figure it out which ear it is for ourselves, we think. So we will now pay $65 to see a physio to hopefully perform this maneuver correctly so that I can walk straight. Seeing this doctor was a complete waste of time, she was completely uninterested in me, I think I may have in fact bored her with my problem.

Submitted January 12, 2017

Saw this doctor for the 1st time and I was impressed. She is very thorough and knowledgable. Wait tmes are a little long but that's the deal with all specialists.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Definitely worth the wait. I was referred to her by my GP for an ongoing issue that I had been dealing with for the last 2 years. Dr. A was very through and had read through all my past medical history and investigation results. I did not feel rushed and had a good experience.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

She has everything I look for in a physician. Always on time, professional, knowledgeable and humble. I have been her patient for the past 6 months and have nothing to say about her but good things. If you are looking for a young and energetic doctor she is the one.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Doctor Akbari is one of the most knowledgeable ENTs I have been cared for. I saw her for a second opinion and despite agreeing with my own surgeon' s diagnosis she made feel at ease. She is very approachable and answered all my questions with enthusiasm and patience. More importantly she is a very professional and treats her patient with the outmost respect.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Saw this doctor couple of weeks ago. I felt like I was well taken care of. Very clean office. Professional staff. She was very understanding and seemed very humble. She is one of the few surgeons who take the time to go over EVERUTHING and do not rush you. I will definitely see this doctor again and recommend her wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016