Ratings for Dr. Eli Akbari

Dr. Akbari is a breath of fresh air. She's so kind, knowledgable and thorough! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I first met Dr. Akbari in 2014 when she was an upcoming ENT and worked alongside Dr. Janjua. I would see Dr. Akbari during many of my visits with Dr. Janjua, and she also helped during my endoscopic sinus surgery that same year. My experience with Dr. Akbari was always pleasant. Earlier this year, to my surprise, I found out that a now-former friend of mine, Tricia, had been hired to work as a receptionist for Dr. Akbari at her Coquitlam practice. A few days later, Tricia advised me that Dr. Akbari had fired her "without reason." I found that suspect. Having known Tricia for some time, I also knew that she'd been fired from as many as 3 jobs in the past 12 months. To be fired from that many jobs in such a short period of time is not normal. Something must be wrong. Of course Tricia was upset that Dr. Akbari had fired her, and on the morning of October 6th, 2017, I received a series of text messages from Tricia that stated she intended on retaliating against Dr. Akbari. Some of the texts from Tricia stated the following: "I'm going to talk to the cleaner whom I've become friends with, and have her check if everyone is gone for the day...then I'm just gonna throw all the paperwork and scatter it all over the room. I don't deserve to be axed." "After scattering the paperwork I'm going to leave a note for the new girl that says 'Now it seems all worth it to me. I'm sorry but you don't get to start off fresh and organized, so I'm going to leave you like how it was when I first started here...like a zoo!'" "I really hope though that the papers in the shred box is still there because that was a huge pile. I thought I'd mix that in too." Tricia also stated that she was going to e-mail Dr. Akbari's patients to let them know she was no longer working at the clinic and that she was going to "warn" them about Dr. Akbari. I still have the original text messages on my phone - NOT screen shots, which I think Dr. Akbari would be VERY interested in seeing. What Tricia did/stated she was going to do was criminal. Vandalism, even. And while Dr. Akbari has not treated me in 3 years, I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat. It pains me to see someone as kind and caring as her be treated so terribly (and with so much disrespect) by a former employee.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

This is the worst office I have ever experienced and could ever imagine. After phoning multiple times during work hours, leaving multiple voicemails, and sending emails through months and months of getting into a CT scan as well as trying to view my results, this office could care a less about the patient. I have had to be my own advocate, and continue to phone them until reaching someone on the other end. They are so lazy and don't care to phone the patient back until they bug them enough and they finally answer the phone. Horrible, horrible patient experience. Avoid this place at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

The only negative thing I could say is the wait time, but that's to be expected with any specialist in Vancouver. Dr A came across as a caring physician. She did not sugar coat her comments and was extremely thorough. She was gentle ( i underwent a scope exam in her office) and came across as very competent and confident. In my opinion there is no right formula for a good doctor. You just have to be lucky enough to find the right match. I am fairly certain that Dr. Akbari is an EXCELLENT match for me. I have only seen her 3 times and everything has been going very smooth. I normally do a bit of research in physicians before I see them and Dr. Akbari seemed perfect in every sense. She is a UBC grad and holds several fellowships in ENT. She's is very well respected in the ENT community as being one of the top specialists in her field.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Very inexperienced with not enough skill to be considered a top ENT. Had a terrible experience and would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

If I had to describe Dr. Akbari in a short sentence it would be: Knowledgeable and caring. She is by far one of the BEST physicians I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. In our first appointment, it was apparent that she had read my whole medical and surgical history (which is quite extensive). She even knew the dates of my previous surgeries. She then patiently listened to all my concerns and made a list of the issues that I needed to be addressed. She was extremely professional and honest and disclaimed that there would be no easy fix to my chronic problems (this was very refreshing because the average surgeon would never be this humble). She asked me to choose 3 dates which where convenient for my family and I. I was extremely thankful that the date of the operation was one of those 3 dates. The procedure went smoothly, without any complications. ALL of the nurses, in the hospital, had nothing but AMAZING feedback regarding Dr. A. From a patient's perspective, she is the top ENT in Vancouver. There is no question that I would totally recommend Dr. Akbari to everyone. She is truly a GIFTED physician, both in terms of her medical skills and professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

She came highly recommended by my old ENT who is retiring. Dr. Akbari is very respected in the ENT community and I feel very lucky to have found her. Her attention to details is second to none. She always goes above and beyond to explain things in a concise manner. On more than one occasion, she has gone out of her way to print or find additional resources for me (such as side effects of medications prescribed by another MD). In my opinion she has excellent bed-side manner and genuinely cares about her patients. I have heard the same positive feedback from two family members who are also her patients. If you are looking for a very qualified ENT who will listen to your concerns and goes above and beyond to make sure you are well looked after, Dr. A is your best bet.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

One word: INEXPERIENCED! She got her degree in 2008 but has been practicing as a full-fledged ENT for much shorter than that. Prior to starting her own practice, she was with Dr. Janjua at the Gordon and Leslie Diamond Centre. On days where I was supposed to see Dr. Janjua, I was often passed along to Dr. Akbari which I was NOT impressed with as she wasn't my doctor! And the times I did see her, she was unhelpful. She also wasn't very gentle when doing the removal of my packing at my post-op appointment, amongst other issues. I wouldn't let her touch me ever again.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Very good experience. This doctor is professional and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Barely stayed in room. 2nd time I saw her didn't help at all.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017