Ratings for Dr. Eli Akbari

Dr. Akbari is a breath of fresh air. She's so kind, knowledgable and thorough! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

The only negative thing I could say is the wait time, but that's to be expected with any specialist in Vancouver. Dr A came across as a caring physician. She did not sugar coat her comments and was extremely thorough. She was gentle ( i underwent a scope exam in her office) and came across as very competent and confident. In my opinion there is no right formula for a good doctor. You just have to be lucky enough to find the right match. I am fairly certain that Dr. Akbari is an EXCELLENT match for me. I have only seen her 3 times and everything has been going very smooth. I normally do a bit of research in physicians before I see them and Dr. Akbari seemed perfect in every sense. She is a UBC grad and holds several fellowships in ENT. She's is very well respected in the ENT community as being one of the top specialists in her field.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Very inexperienced with not enough skill to be considered a top ENT. Had a terrible experience and would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

If I had to describe Dr. Akbari in a short sentence it would be: Knowledgeable and caring. She is by far one of the BEST physicians I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. In our first appointment, it was apparent that she had read my whole medical and surgical history (which is quite extensive). She even knew the dates of my previous surgeries. She then patiently listened to all my concerns and made a list of the issues that I needed to be addressed. She was extremely professional and honest and disclaimed that there would be no easy fix to my chronic problems (this was very refreshing because the average surgeon would never be this humble). She asked me to choose 3 dates which where convenient for my family and I. I was extremely thankful that the date of the operation was one of those 3 dates. The procedure went smoothly, without any complications. ALL of the nurses, in the hospital, had nothing but AMAZING feedback regarding Dr. A. From a patient's perspective, she is the top ENT in Vancouver. There is no question that I would totally recommend Dr. Akbari to everyone. She is truly a GIFTED physician, both in terms of her medical skills and professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

She came highly recommended by my old ENT who is retiring. Dr. Akbari is very respected in the ENT community and I feel very lucky to have found her. Her attention to details is second to none. She always goes above and beyond to explain things in a concise manner. On more than one occasion, she has gone out of her way to print or find additional resources for me (such as side effects of medications prescribed by another MD). In my opinion she has excellent bed-side manner and genuinely cares about her patients. I have heard the same positive feedback from two family members who are also her patients. If you are looking for a very qualified ENT who will listen to your concerns and goes above and beyond to make sure you are well looked after, Dr. A is your best bet.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

One word: INEXPERIENCED! She got her degree in 2008 but has been practicing as a full-fledged ENT for much shorter than that. Prior to starting her own practice, she was with Dr. Janjua at the Gordon and Leslie Diamond Centre. On days where I was supposed to see Dr. Janjua, I was often passed along to Dr. Akbari which I was NOT impressed with as she wasn't my doctor! And the times I did see her, she was unhelpful. She also wasn't very gentle when doing the removal of my packing at my post-op appointment, amongst other issues. I wouldn't let her touch me ever again.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Very good experience. This doctor is professional and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Barely stayed in room. 2nd time I saw her didn't help at all.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I have seen Dr. Akbari 3 times over the past few months and find her to be an excellent specialist. She truly seems to care and takes the time to listen and answer any questions. As a plus, she suggested I could always email her if any other questions needed to be answered that I thought of at a later date. GT

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Akbari today as an emergency fit in for an abscess on my tonsil and she was extremely efficient, pleasant and I am so thankful I saw her. MB

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017