Ratings for Dr. Eli Akbari

I saw Dr Akbari because of long time issues with breathing through my nose. She didn't jump to surgery and sent me to an allergist and had me rinse my nose. When I didn't improve enough we decided to go ahead with surgery. I felt well prepared for surgery and there were no surprises. I can breathe much better through my nose now, and still use my rinses on and off when my allergies act up. I'm glad my doctor referred me to her.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Akbari saw me when Dr. Janjua was not available and I felt very comfortable with her. She answered all my question, was sympathetic, and helpful. \I was sorry to hear she was moving on to other opportunities. Would recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr Akbari recently took over my file from my previous specialist Dr Smythe, who is now retiring. I'll admit, at first, I was concerned with her being so young. She didn't have the tenure in the field like Dr Smythe had. Dr Akbari preformed my tonsillectomy last Wednesday. And the surgery was a walk in the park. Barely any pain on the first day, and minimal since. She is very through, patient and you can tell she has her heart poured into her work. I feel like a fool for judging a book by its cover. I highly recommend her, not only as a superb specialist, but a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I went to see Dr. Akbari for my Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Although she doesn't have years and years of experience, I can undoubtedly say she is the most knowledgable specialist I've ever seen. Her passion for her field of work is evident in her energetic yet respectful mannerism and in the way she connects with her patients.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Akbari is not only an amazing doctor, but her personality and warmth instills immediate trust. She participated in a recent blepharoplasty that was done in Toronto and from the first appointment with her and the acting surgeon, it was a very successful, pleasurable experience all the way. She is extremely knowledgeable and I would travel to BC in order to have her do any further facial cosmetic procedures I may consider at a later date. I would highly recommend Dr. Eli Akbari!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I saw this doctor nearly 2 years ago. Recently i recommended her to my friend but she is no longer in Vancouver. However, she is truly amazing. There is a reason she is rated so highly on here.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I don't find Dr. Akbar to be an experienced enough ENT to be able to properly diagnose. She is friendly, but she hasn't been doing this long enough in my opinion.

Submitted April 1, 2015

One of the best bedside manner I have seen in my 5 years of dealing with doctors and surgeons. She is professional and sincere.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Worst experience ever! I should have trusted my intuition that she wasn't the right surgeon for me.

Submitted March 4, 2015

This doctor is very kind and personable. She went through everything with me and called me post op to check my progress.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015