Dr. Akbari saw me when Dr. Janjua was not available and I felt very comfortable with her. She answered all my question, was sympathetic, and helpful. \I was sorry to hear she was moving on to other opportunities. Would recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr Akbari recently took over my file from my previous specialist Dr Smythe, who is now retiring. I'll admit, at first, I was concerned with her being so young. She didn't have the tenure in the field like Dr Smythe had. Dr Akbari preformed my tonsillectomy last Wednesday. And the surgery was a walk in the park. Barely any pain on the first day, and minimal since. She is very through, patient and you can tell she has her heart poured into her work. I feel like a fool for judging a book by its cover. I highly recommend her, not only as a superb specialist, but a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I went to see Dr. Akbari for my Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Although she doesn't have years and years of experience, I can undoubtedly say she is the most knowledgable specialist I've ever seen. Her passion for her field of work is evident in her energetic yet respectful mannerism and in the way she connects with her patients.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Akbari is not only an amazing doctor, but her personality and warmth instills immediate trust. She participated in a recent blepharoplasty that was done in Toronto and from the first appointment with her and the acting surgeon, it was a very successful, pleasurable experience all the way. She is extremely knowledgeable and I would travel to BC in order to have her do any further facial cosmetic procedures I may consider at a later date. I would highly recommend Dr. Eli Akbari!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I saw this doctor nearly 2 years ago. Recently i recommended her to my friend but she is no longer in Vancouver. However, she is truly amazing. There is a reason she is rated so highly on here.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I don't find Dr. Akbar to be an experienced enough ENT to be able to properly diagnose. She is friendly, but she hasn't been doing this long enough in my opinion.

Submitted April 1, 2015

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Submitted March 4, 2015

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. Eli Akbari's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Akbari saw me when Dr. Janjua was not available and I felt very comfortable with her. She answered all my question, was sympathetic, and helpful. \I was sor..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Akbari recently took over my file from my previous specialist Dr Smythe, who is now retiring. I'll admit, at first, I was concerned with her being so young. ..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Akbari for my Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Although she doesn't have years and years of experience, I can undoubtedly say she is the most knowledg..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Akbari is not only an amazing doctor, but her personality and warmth instills immediate trust. She participated in a recent blepharoplasty that was done in ..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor nearly 2 years ago. Recently i recommended her to my friend but she is no longer in Vancouver. However, she is truly amazing. There is a reaso..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I don't find Dr. Akbar to be an experienced enough ENT to be able to properly diagnose. She is friendly, but she hasn't been doing this long enough in my opinio..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the best bedside manner I have seen in my 5 years of dealing with doctors and surgeons. She is professional and sincere. "

March 31, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience ever! I should have trusted my intuition that she wasn't the right surgeon for me."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is very kind and personable. She went through everything with me and called me post op to check my progress."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon. I would not have anyone else operate in me other than this Dr. Simplybgreat all around."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "You will be surprised to learn, Dr. Akbari is only been practicing a few years. I was surprised as no one thought to mention that in the reviews. Be leary of th..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the few doctors that let me talk more than 20 seconds. She asked what was worrying me and addressed MY concerns. Even though I didn't have what I was wor..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Akbari diagnosed me with skin cancer when she was seeing me for an unrelated issue. She's really thorough and took really good care of me."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She was my doctor at VGH when I had to go in for an emergency ( I had problems breathing). She was the specialist that came in and helped the other doctors figu..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon. She exceeded my expectations from the time she asked about how she could help me, all the way through surgery and follow up. I'm really happ..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So happy I was referred to see her. After seeing two other doctors, she was the one to order tests and to finally figure out why I was having my symptoms. Thank..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Akbari and her associate really took care of me in time of need. As mentioned by many of the reviews below, she's really caring. I never felt rushed and s..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Can someone please help me with her phone number? Im trying to contact her"

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw her because her associate was booked up . Had my follow up with the "more experienced " associate and couldn't stand him. Dr Akbari is lovely , helpful, ..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family and I are grateful for everything Dr. Akbari did for our father last year. She made a timely diagnosis of cancer and because of her, my father got th..."

October 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A friend of mine saw Dr. Akbari at VGH and he highly recommended this surgeon. She provided me with exceptional care and with the outmost sensitivity to my con..."

October 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for someone who will take the time to diagnose your problem, offer dead on treatment and provide excellent surgical results, you've found you..."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this surgeon for an emergency procedure. She made me calm and answered all my questions and those of my worried husband. Everything went well..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Akbari at St Paul's hospital in Vancouver. She was very thorough and explained everything very well."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. My aunt was her patient and she speaks no English. So I had to translate for her. Doctor Akbari was very patient."

September 10, 2014