Ratings for Dr. Jacob Alant

well I wish I had lot good things to say about dr. Jacob alant but I don't . I did receive a surgery from him in may 2014 and it has been a nightmare with the double of the pain I was in prior surgery so in fact a hole lot more pain than i was prior surgery , and to tell you the true no body really give me an appropriate time and maner to seek a second oppinion from another neuro surgeon from public health care system ,has you know dr. alant works from privately own clinic not the health care system ,so like I said he did perform the following surgery in my upper back and neck which was the shaving of a disk who's got flattened or squash as a result of an injury caused by a co-worker in my spine at the level of t-1 t-2 which was causing me extremely a lot of high level of pain in my upper back ,neck, left side shoulder ,left arm all the way down my hand and fingers and since i had the surgery in may 2014 my symptom and pain has doubled and the my symptom today and ever since are my upper back ,neck ,left and right shoulder , my both arms , hands and finger and every time I breathe I feel the pain raising in my upper back, neck ,shoulders, arms, hands and finger which is absolutely prevent me from working period and my family doctor also say no work at all but dr. Jacob alant low sedentary level which I cannot even do to high constant level of pain which I am on high dose of morphine today which bring some relive but not enough to function freely and

Submitted February 10, 2016

What a kind, nice excellent surgeon! Spends the time with you to explain things. Very personable. A great addition to the Halifax Infirmary! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

DR Alant performed surgery for spinal stenosis & two separate carpel tunnel surgeries in a four month period. All surgeries were very successful with excellent recovery. He is very professional, articulate & precisely describes the necessity for surgery,the proceedure & expected recovery progress. Dr Alant is a very personable, capable, experienced neuro surgeon & provides a high feeling of confidence.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr.Alant is the best Dr. I have ever had, he treats you as a person and not just a nummber on a file. I have had a back operation and 2 carpal tunnel ops and each time he took the time to make sure I was comfortable with the op before I had it. Just not enough words to say what a great Dr. he is. The Foothills has made a huge mistake by letting him go, how possibly stupid are they.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr Alant just did a microdiscectomy on me for L5 and nerve damage to sciatic nerve. He was the best doctor I have ever seen!! He was patient and answered all my questions and was so confident about his skills and his experience, it made me feel super comfortable. Before the surgery I got pretty freaked out, he came and sat with me and made sure I was ok. Before he left for the night, he came and saw me and put his hand on my leg and said how are you doing?! He sat and chatted. I have seen him for a 2 week follow up, and we talked more about recovery and where I was at. What an amazing person, and an amazing surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Amazing surgeon. Saved my life and gave my children their father back.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr.Alant, Dr.Avery, Ms. Patricia and the nursing staff at the Foothills hospital were amazing. I was transferred from small town High River, to Dr.Alant and his team with My L5 S1 Disc inpinging the sciatic nerve, after 2.5 weeks of incrediable pain . I met this wonderful Dr. and his team, they were able to come to come and sit with my family and explain the surgery with a great kindness and some humor, which we appreciated. I would reccomend Dr.Alant and his team to anyone. There bedside manners was full of compassion. % hours post surgery i ws up walking pain free with a walker and able to use the bathroom with out assistance and a sense of pride and relief. I am happy to say 4 days after surgery i was completley off the percecet and working at getting rid of the cane. Thank you. The Bills Family

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Male, 55 yrs. Oh my Goodness! I love Dr. Alant's manner, expertise, professionalism, staff, and most all, his perfect care for my L5-S1 herniated disc repair. Had a 1" incision, 2 hour surgery with small instruments, 4 hour recovery/rest, and then I got up and walked without worry or pain! The nursing staff was so excellent as well. I used about 4 percosets in the first day and none for 10 months now. The best I can say is, "Thank You, Doctor!"

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Alant has been incredibly patient and thorough while helping me understand treatment options for my brain tumour. He has helped me "navigate the system" and get input from other specialists so I can be fully informed about options and risks. I feel very well cared-for by Dr. Alant and have had nothing but positive experiences with him.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I am extremmely please with the care I received from Dr. Alant and his staff pre and post surgery. Dr. Alant has a wonderful bedside manner and my surgery procedure was very well explained to me. I certainly would recommend him and his team. Thank you B. McIver

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012