Ratings for Dr. Barry M. Zide

After consulting with multiple Plastic Surgeons regarding removal of a prominent birth mark on my 17 year old daughter's face I had the good fortune to be referred to Dr. Zide. I felt very confident in his capabilities right from our initial consultation and I was extremely impressed with his credentials. The result he achieved was outstanding and we are very grateful for the skill and artistry he used in performing the surgery. I found Dr. Zide to be personable, warm, reassuring and most importantly extraordinarily talented. I highly recomme nd him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr Zide by NYU Emergency after an accident. He operated on me that morning, returning me to work the very next day and leaving me with minimal scar and amazing balance of my face. He and his staff were just incredible. I cannot recommend (or thank) Dr Zide strongly enough.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Very unhappy with the work Dr. Zide performed on my chin. He left me with a very prominent chin....I would say RUN and don't waste your money on this awful plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

A high-speed cycling accident left me with multiple traumas to my face that required 11 surgeries (and counting). Dr. Zide was the ONLY one after consulting with ELEVEN plastic surgeons to speak with the confidence and assurance I so desperately needed. I needed someone to play quarterback and he took the reins and not only spoke with authority but backed it up with deft skill and unmitigated success. His outsized personality was also a lot of fun to engage with. It's hard to overstate how much I felt I had lost with a busted-up face that I thought was permanent. Emotionally it's hard to revisit--he truly gave me my life back. I had complicated injuries but he made the approach simple. I'm so happy with where I am. Of course there were 50 doctors involved over those 11 surgeries, multiple consultations, and follow-ups, but he alone is the one I would ascribe the most credit. I'm terribly grateful for him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr Zide is hands down the best. An amazing person and an incredible surgeon. I had the best experience with him. I have had to deal with a droopy chin since I had an implant back in 2009 and removal in 2010. Neither procedure was done properly which consequently left me with the droopy chin. I had read about Dr Zide and knew I wanted him and only him to do the corrective surgery. Finally, after getting the funds together, I was able to have him perform the surgery I needed. I'm telling you, Dr Zide is the best. It is truly astounding how well he understands the body and just knew exactly what needed to be done. He is charming, caring, intelligent and simply brilliant. There is no one else. Thank you so much Dr Zide. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr. Zide was recommended to me after having had an elective surgery for a chin implant go horrifyingly wrong. The original surgeries with another plastic surgeon left me with a destroyed "mentalis" muscle.. this is the muscle that holds up your bottom lip and helps you chew and speak. I was in a state where my mouth that had closed nicely and my lips came together easily, prior to this elective surgery.. was now gaping open, all of my bottom teeth showing. I could barely close my mouth only by pulling down my top lip which looked more than bizarre, and on top of that i was drooling and could not chew with my mouth closed. Obviously devastated I sought out 6 different plastic surgeons for help and the only person able to help me was Dr. Zide. He is an expert at what he does and is as charming as he is talented. After a long hard road of several reconstructive surgeries my mouth has regained most of it's original look. It closes with much more ease and looks so much more natural than it did before, I also have no problem chewing and am not drooling anymore. I am so happy with the results of the surgeries Dr. Zide has performed and I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

When I met Dr.Zide in his fabulous shoes, I realized just how many cars had driven over my face. I didn't think at seventy I cared about looking great anymore, but I have to say I look incredible His expertise and skill is outstanding. His experience gets the job done quickly with no discomfort. I'm being hit on all the time, it's Delightful, Delicious and Delovely Thank you Dr.Zide. You gave me back what is wasted on the young and I am forever grateful. Maddy

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Zide is an excellent plastic surgeon, who goes to all lengths to provide the best care possible.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Zide is the quintessential professional plastic surgeon. He is very skilled in all types of surgery including neurofibroma removal as in my case from my eye lids! He did a perfect job.He also saved my life. I had seen 5 doctors who misdiagnosed a bruie/ AVM I had. He was my last resort. He diagnosed the problem within 10 minutes. The condition was potentially life threatening if left untreated.He picked up his phone- called the expert in the field- obtained an apppointment for me that day and secured the best care for me for that issue. He knows of many resourcs and invokes them for his patients benefit. He knows what he does not know and gets you to the right place and is amazing in what he does know.No matter the issue- you feel beautiful when he is done. His approach is holistic- he repairs what is obvious but is empathic, kind and communicative too.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I went to Dr. Zide with my son of 16 who required some zplasty on his chin in connection with scarring due to a burn injury/skin graft. I found his office both helpful and very responsive to our needs and requests. Coming from hospital care where most of my son's procedures were previously done, it was a welcomed change to get such prompt attention. I would certainly recommend Dr. Zide.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014