Ratings for Dr. Amin S Kanani

Dr. Kanani was so so wonderful. He listened, explained everything very thoroughly, and was kind. Although I was there for my own allergy testing, he answered extensive questions I had about my son's allergies.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I have had such a wonderful experience at Dr. Kanani's office staff was very helpful greats you with a smile and Dr. kanani is a great listener and has helped me alot.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He is such a great doctor. Has helped me so much!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Kanani. He is such a good listener and is patient with questions. He really helped me figure out what was going on with me with my allergies and headaches.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Worst doctor's office experience I've ever had. Invoices appear in the mail with no explanation. Can't contact the office by phone. If I show up in person the office is closed. Opening hours on the phone message are incorrect. This is no way to treat a patient/customer. Will not be going back here.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

My only real issue with my referral was the waiting time. Pretty much a whole year! But that's not the doctor's fault, as far as I know. I finally had my appointment today. I liked his straightforward approach. Serious but kind, and very knowledgeable. He really took the time to read and listen to my particular situation (work environment, cultural background , pets) and customize the tests based on that. My arm didn't react for 15 minutes, so we chatted a little bit more about my history and he stopped by 10 minutes afterwards. Boom! There you are, little fellas. He took care to explain my options, immediate suggestions, potential future treatments and left the door open for future inquiries and concerns. I felt supported and understood through all the process. Now time to see what's next. Thank you, doctor!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

After reading the glowing remarks about this doctor, I have to wonder: Is this is the same doctor I was referred to? My consultation was unimpressive, to say the least. The wait list to see Dr, Kanani was almost a year, but he spent less than twenty minutes evaluating my symptoms and after a quick scratch test, he determined that I had no allergies. Considering my ongoing symptoms, including hives and facial swelling, which are clearly of an "allergic" nature, I was very surprised. Since that appointment, I was referred to another allergy specialist, who retested me with an extensive scratch test, found multiple environmental allergies, offered numerous options to help with my symptoms, including immunotherapy. (( I was also given a prescription for an EPI PEN. )) Needless to say, I'm beyond shocked at the level of care I received from Dr. Kanani, who was clearly not interested in my health problems or my concerns.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I waited 8 months for my appointment with Dr. Kanani and was really looking forward to being properly tested and finding out a course of action so I didn't mind the wait to see an expert in the allergy field. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with my experience. The appointment in total was about one hour, however this was mainly due to the fact that there was a long wait in between when Dr. Kanani left the room and didn't come back for at least 20 minutes and I just sat there not knowing what was going on. He performed the basic allergy tests and didn't find any strong results. We discussed my incident history but basically after that, there was no solution and nothing he offered going forward. A lot of my allergic reactions happen after eating a meal at a restaurant so his suggestion to me was to take an allergy pill each time I ate out! To me, that's not a solution, just a band aid. I was really hoping for more but Dr. Kanani didn't seem interest in looking into anything further and when I asked if I should schedule another appointment, he just said 'you can if you want to' and that was that. I felt dismissed and unimportant and have since sought help elsewhere. I would never recommend him to anyone but I hope he doesn't offer the same service and advice to others.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I waited an hour and a half to see Dr. Kanani. After performing the scratch testing, he left for another 25 to 30 minutes, then proceeded to tell me he didn't believe there was any such thing as my msg and sulfite allergies (both things put me into atrial fibrillation). He said there was no scratch test for these things anyway, and suggested I come back in six months. I'm in health care myself, so had at least hoped to have someone willing to explore treatment options with me. Unless you need to confirm you're allergic to cats, I wouldn't recommend you wait for an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Dr. Kanani is a very kind and thoughtful doctor. He is quite knowledgeable about medical issues outside the realm of allergies too. The in-office tests were simple and straightforward. His staff are very kind and competent. I can only provide my own personal experience. My allergies are not very severe.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015