Ratings for Dr. Janna Bentley

Dr. Bentley and staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. She and her staff are professional care givers and demonstrate a great deal of compassion in their work and willingness to provide patient assistance. Thanks! Jim Burns

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

After several visits with Dr. Bentley,..I have found her to be highly skilled and professional in every way. Very Highly Recommend.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to have served you, and we look forward helping you again as needed.

Submitted October 4, 2016

The treatment on my varicose vein did not work, still have allot of pain and suffering..... money grabbing clinic. Seek advice first from your Doctor.

Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
We trust that we took care of your concerns at that time – we believe we did if we are thinking of the right case (although obviously this public forum is not for specific case details). To recap our process: if ever there is post-treatment dissatisfaction, we will to see a patient immediately (same day or next business day) and do our best to remedy the issue. As alway, we endeavor to provide the best outcome, but results may vary and cannot be guaranteed, as discussed before treatment with every patient. Yes, when not covered by MSP, the recommended treatment may be considered expensive – though the typical outcome in our experience is that patients feel the investment is worth it. However, we are confident our prices are fair compared to other credentialed physicians in Western Canada offering the same treatment – and certainly invite feedback. Finally, we invite all patients to get a second medical opinion and warmly invite patients to return with questions from that second opinion.

Submitted October 4, 2016

Entire experience with Dr. Bentley and her staff was positive. Every query you have is answered knowledgebly, before, during and after procedure. I am a nervous patient and have anxiety but Dr. Bentley and her staff constantly reminded me I was doing great - put me at ease immediately. I left knowing exactly what follow-up care was expected from me and dates when I needed to return. Received a call that evening from Dr. Bentley to see how I was feeling/any questions and told to call her # if anything came up. Efficient from start to finish. I am more than pleased with the results of my procedure and the A-one service I received. I would recommend Dr. Bentley to anyone. (Initially told Dr. Bentley my one wish was to have veins in my legs repaired so I could wear shorts - this summer I am going to wear shorts). :)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thank you very much for your kind words. I will pass it on to our lovely team. I too am so pleased that you can be back in shorts! After all, it's our promise: "Medical excellence. Beautiful results."

Submitted May 26, 2016

I find it difficult to put into words how much I appreciate the care I have received from Dr. Janna Bentley. She is knowledgeable and considerate. I am fortunate to have had Dr. Bentley take care of my varicose veins and skin care needs for the past 8 years. I have never been disappointed with any of her procedures. The staff at the clinic are exceptionally polite, treating each person as the individual they are. I believe that Dr. Janna Bentley is number one in her field and I feel confident in having her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thank you for being a long-time patient – and for being a champion of our clinic. So glad you have had terrific outcomes... that is our goal: excellent results and great service. Yes, we have a wonderful team – just keeps getting better. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr Bentley took the time to really listen to me and knew exactly what treatment I needed. Great service and results.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it and do our best to listen. And best of all, you had "great results" which is our overarching goal.

Submitted October 4, 2016

My recent experience at Dr. Bentley's clinic was disappointing. Her staff was unorganized and not very friendly. Dr. Bentley rushed through my appointment only to inform me I needed to spend several thousand dollars to get any help. i will not be returning to her clinic

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thanks for your feedback on this forum. We trust that we heard from you directly after your appointment, since we did not regularly read feedback from online reviews back then. We can only hope that you lets us know and that we were able to satisfy you. Regardless, sorry that our staff seem unorganized: since then, we have many new staff that are simply much better in regards to service and being organized. We have invested in top staff selection, credentials and training. Sorry you felt rushed. I typically run on schedule but occasionally a prior treatment has a complication and impacts the next few appointments. Finally, sorry that my recommended treatment was more than you expected, but I am confident our prices are fair and comparable. I may not have properly asked about budget, sorry, but we have the option of all treatments – and offer the most effective treatment to meet a patient's needs – so usually recommend the most effective. While we have a very good medical system in general, MSP does not always meet everyone's needs at no-charge (or next to it). In the field of varicose vein treatment and skin-care therapy, there are many very effective options are considered elective and not funded by the state (even it could be categorized as medical), such as EVLT or VenaSeal.

Submitted October 4, 2016

Make sure you get a second opinion on your veins, clinic is a money grab

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr. Janna Bentley at Lakeshore Vein and Aesthetics Clinic is highly recommended. For over 8 years Dr. Bentley has been my physician for skincare and sclerotherapy vein treatments. I benefit from her up to date knowledge on the newest procedures, and greatly appreciate the time she takes to answer any questions I may have. Dr. Bentley’s manner is friendly and her confident nature puts me very much at ease. I find the staff at Lakeshore Vein and Aesthetics always welcoming and attentive. Never could I imagine going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Do not let this doctor touch your face unless you are willing to be scarred.

Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Janna Bentley's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Janna Bentley was born and raised in Kelowna, BC – a rarity here among residents in the Beautiful Okanagan! She received her Bachelor of Science in Honours Physiology from the University of British Columbia in 1997, and then received her Medical Doctorate from the University of Alberta in 2003. From 2003-2005 Dr. Bentley completed her residency training at the University of Alberta in family medicine with a focus on phlebology (the study of venous disease) and a special interest in Dermatology-related issues. All of her elective time was spent doing rotations in phlebology and Dermatology-related areas in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. After completing her training Dr. Bentley returned to Kelowna for good... and where she and her husband love living and raising a family of three lovely children. Dr. Bentley joined the Kelowna Vein and Laser Centre in June 2005 and began her career in phlebology. In the fall of 2005 she became a partner at Okanagan Vein & Skin Care Centre, as well as the medical staff at Kelowna General Hospital. FOUNDING PARTNER & VISIONARY Dr. Bentley was one of the original founding partners of Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic in December 2008, and now is the owner and Medical Director. In 2009, Dr. Bentley became a board certified diplomate of the American College of Phlebology (ACPh) and in 2011 she was elected as a Fellow of the Canadian Society of Phlebology. Dr. Bentley is qualified as a medical sonographer, specializing in varicose veins as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT). In early 2012, Dr Bentley were honoured to receive Clinical Faculty Appointments with the UBC Faculty of Medicine. Dr Bentley, and Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, continue to support and help the new UBC Okanagan medical school (officially called the Southern Medical Program) by being one of Kelowna's – and the BC Interior's – UBCO Dermatology Teaching Centers. Working full-time, with thousands of referrals per year from other GPs and specialists, Dr. Bentley has become one of the most experienced physicians in cosmetic medicine in the BC Interior (Okanagan/Thompson) region. Dr. Bentley is a regular speaker at phlebology conferences (disease and health of veins) and is invited by Allergan to exclusive panels/conferences for Canada's top ~75 cosmetic clinics. CURRENTLY Dr. Janna Bentley is a member in good standing with: - Canadian Society of Phlebology (Fellow, VP of Education, Executive Board) - American College of Phlebology (Diplomate) - Canadian Medical Association (CMA) - College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) - British Columbia Medical Association (BCMA) - College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) - American Board of Laser Surgery - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®) The visionary behind the creation of the Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, Dr. Bentley specializes in Phlebology (varicose vein disease), from sclerotherapy to endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), to pulsed dye laser treatment of spider veins. Dr. Bentley also devotes time to non-surgical cosmetic procedures like laser skin treatment, Soft Lift, Botox®, tissue fillers and treatment of most medical skin problems.

• English
  • French

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2003)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 1997)

• Varicose veins
  • Botox injections
  • Hyperhidrosis
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Dry skin
  • Skin cancer
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Itchy skin (pruritus)
  • Skin biopsy
  • Acne
  • Scleroderma
  • Seborrheic dermatitis
  • Contact dermatitis
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermatitis
  • Epidermoid cysts (sebaceous cysts)
  • Age spots (liver spots)
  • Moles