Ratings for Dr. Janna Bentley

I cannot say enough about Dr Bentley and her team. Professional on every single level

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Should learn to stand behind their work be it good or bad

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

So disgusted with this doctor and her staff. Went for two small but painful vericose veins . Ended up with every vein in the legs treated and abused. Ended up with thrombophlebitis in both legs and living a life of pain. Diagnosed by another well meaning and kind doctor. They on the other hand tried to tell me it was gout!!!!! This has possibly a lifetime of flare ups . Don’t if you are thinking of vericose veins go here. They do not stand behind their mistakes and are very numb to your dilemma . There are other places to go. This has caused problems with my family doctor as well as he referred me and now he stands behind the doctor code and basically called me a liar as to the reason I visited her. Tried to change it to cosmetic reasons and gave me hell for doing it. He knew I was in pain at the referral time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

I get preventative aging botox with Montana and I truly could not be happier with the results. Her service, the knowledge, the confidence she has with her job and her absolute kindness makes it the most pleasant and comforting visit ever each time I go. I rave about this clinic all the time and I couldn't imagine any better service. I have gained so much confidence with myself with the treatments I get done. Thank you to Montana and our team!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

EVLT & sclero changed my life. I have seen amazing improvements in my legs and consequently my entire quality of life. The care and aftercare provided by Dr.Bentley and her staff always makes each appointment enjoyable and her level of expertise and warm nature put me at ease (despite how anxious I was at my first visit.) Anyone considering these procedures I highly recommend contacting Dr. Bentley!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Dr. Bentley is friendly, caring, and passionate about her career. She comes across as well-educated and has very good interpersonal communication skills. She empowers her patients by giving them the information they need to make their own decisions. She has taken care of many people I know and I regularly refer people I know who may have skin conditions or varicose veins to Dr. Janna Bentley. The clinic itself is in a great location and has a variety of services offered by trained professionals. The reception team were friendly and accommodating.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Bentley and staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. She and her staff are professional care givers and demonstrate a great deal of compassion in their work and willingness to provide patient assistance. Thanks! Jim Burns

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

After several visits with Dr. Bentley,..I have found her to be highly skilled and professional in every way. Very Highly Recommend.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to have served you, and we look forward helping you again as needed.

Submitted October 4, 2016

The treatment on my varicose vein did not work, still have allot of pain and suffering..... money grabbing clinic. Seek advice first from your Doctor.

Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
We trust that we took care of your concerns at that time – we believe we did if we are thinking of the right case (although obviously this public forum is not for specific case details). To recap our process: if ever there is post-treatment dissatisfaction, we will to see a patient immediately (same day or next business day) and do our best to remedy the issue. As alway, we endeavor to provide the best outcome, but results may vary and cannot be guaranteed, as discussed before treatment with every patient. Yes, when not covered by MSP, the recommended treatment may be considered expensive – though the typical outcome in our experience is that patients feel the investment is worth it. However, we are confident our prices are fair compared to other credentialed physicians in Western Canada offering the same treatment – and certainly invite feedback. Finally, we invite all patients to get a second medical opinion and warmly invite patients to return with questions from that second opinion.

Submitted October 4, 2016

Entire experience with Dr. Bentley and her staff was positive. Every query you have is answered knowledgebly, before, during and after procedure. I am a nervous patient and have anxiety but Dr. Bentley and her staff constantly reminded me I was doing great - put me at ease immediately. I left knowing exactly what follow-up care was expected from me and dates when I needed to return. Received a call that evening from Dr. Bentley to see how I was feeling/any questions and told to call her # if anything came up. Efficient from start to finish. I am more than pleased with the results of my procedure and the A-one service I received. I would recommend Dr. Bentley to anyone. (Initially told Dr. Bentley my one wish was to have veins in my legs repaired so I could wear shorts - this summer I am going to wear shorts). :)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's response
Thank you very much for your kind words. I will pass it on to our lovely team. I too am so pleased that you can be back in shorts! After all, it's our promise: "Medical excellence. Beautiful results."

Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Janna Bentley's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Janna Bentley was born and raised in Kelowna, BC – a rarity here among residents in the Beautiful Okanagan! She received her Bachelor of Science in Honours Physiology from the University of British Columbia in 1997, and then received her Medical Doctorate from the University of Alberta in 2003. From 2003-2005 Dr. Bentley completed her residency training at the University of Alberta in family medicine with a focus on phlebology (the study of venous disease) and a special interest in Dermatology-related issues. All of her elective time was spent doing rotations in phlebology and Dermatology-related areas in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. After completing her training Dr. Bentley returned to Kelowna for good... and where she and her husband love living and raising a family of three lovely children. Dr. Bentley joined the Kelowna Vein and Laser Centre in June 2005 and began her career in phlebology. In the fall of 2005 she became a partner at Okanagan Vein & Skin Care Centre, as well as the medical staff at Kelowna General Hospital. FOUNDING PARTNER & VISIONARY Dr. Bentley was one of the original founding partners of Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic in December 2008, and now is the owner and Medical Director. In 2009, Dr. Bentley became a board certified diplomate of the American College of Phlebology (ACPh) and in 2011 she was elected as a Fellow of the Canadian Society of Phlebology. Dr. Bentley is qualified as a medical sonographer, specializing in varicose veins as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT). In early 2012, Dr Bentley were honoured to receive Clinical Faculty Appointments with the UBC Faculty of Medicine. Dr Bentley, and Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, continue to support and help the new UBC Okanagan medical school (officially called the Southern Medical Program) by being one of Kelowna's – and the BC Interior's – UBCO Dermatology Teaching Centers. Working full-time, with thousands of referrals per year from other GPs and specialists, Dr. Bentley has become one of the most experienced physicians in cosmetic medicine in the BC Interior (Okanagan/Thompson) region. Dr. Bentley is a regular speaker at phlebology conferences (disease and health of veins) and is invited by Allergan to exclusive panels/conferences for Canada's top ~75 cosmetic clinics. CURRENTLY Dr. Janna Bentley is a member in good standing with: - Canadian Society of Phlebology (Fellow, VP of Education, Executive Board) - American College of Phlebology (Diplomate) - Canadian Medical Association (CMA) - College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) - British Columbia Medical Association (BCMA) - College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) - American Board of Laser Surgery - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®) The visionary behind the creation of the Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, Dr. Bentley specializes in Phlebology (varicose vein disease), from sclerotherapy to endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), to pulsed dye laser treatment of spider veins. Dr. Bentley also devotes time to non-surgical cosmetic procedures like laser skin treatment, Soft Lift, Botox®, tissue fillers and treatment of most medical skin problems.

• English
  • French

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2003)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 1997)

• Varicose veins
  • Botox
  • Hyperhidrosis
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Dry skin
  • Skin cancer
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Itchy skin (pruritus)
  • Skin biopsy
  • Acne
  • Scleroderma
  • Seborrheic dermatitis
  • Contact dermatitis
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermatitis
  • Epidermoid cysts (sebaceous cysts)
  • Age spots (liver spots)
  • Moles