Ratings for Dr. Carol Story

Be careful how you voice your health concerns to this doctor. She’ll quickly red flag you as someone with anxiety for being concerned about your health. It’s absolutely normal to be concerned about symptoms ranging from light to severe, but with this doctor I always felt I’m doing something wrong when I talk about them. If you ask for more than one test to be done to further investigate what’s causing the pain, her patience will run out (and you’ll see it).

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Story is unhelpful. She always insist referral to specialist.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Story ever since she took over my retired GP's practice. She is condescending, cold and unhelpful. The front desk staff are cold, after going to this office for more than eighteen years, they still ask for my name as if they had never seen me before. One woman in particular is incredibly rude. The only reason I continue going there is that it is difficult to find another GP accepting new patients. Thank god I am relatively healthy, I wouldn't count on Dr. Story if I had a serious illness.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Useless doctor that never gives good medical advice. Does not really listen and makes you feel like you are wasting her time. The only good thing is that you don't have to wait long because no one is ever in the waiting room now that she took over for my retired GP. I'm guessing patients have moved or just don't bother coming because she is useless!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I am a relatively new patient (over the past year) of Dr. Story's and have found her to be very good. As a new patient she took the time to get to know me, perform a physical and determined the appropriate tests to obtain a base line of my general health. More recently she has helped me through a cancer scare in a supportive and caring manner. I would definitely recommend her to family and friends

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

She is always late, and always dismissive. She has almost always been my doctor, and has the mentality of "one problem per visit" however refilling a prescription takes five seconds and you still have time to talk about my other problems! Front staff is rude on the phone and in person. I am getting very frustrated every time I visit Dr. Story, and I am now looking for a new doctor. She seems like she is only there to get a paycheque and she can not answer simple medical questions. I'd rather go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I was totally shocked when she told me she doesn't have time for my questions relating to my health, and I should just get used to the pain I was having. It's almost like you have to prove you are really sick until she'd believe you and do something for you. What is her problem? Terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Forgetful stay way rude uncaring unfeeling a total waste of time

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I honestly can't tell whether Dr. Story is incompetent or just lazy. I assume the latter since she was obviously clever enough to make it through med school. She is reluctant to do routine physical exams when they are clearly indicated and brushes off your concerns. The staff aren't friendly either. When you approach the desk, you are typically treated like a nuisance. Having said that, a friendly staff isn't crucial to a good practice; a good GP would make interacting with unfriendly staff worth the trouble. Dr. Story's lazy approach to care isn't worth the trouble. Look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Oh man. Stay away. Very stuck up and uncaring. Not fit for this noble profession. Her knowledge is too general and everything related to patients' concerns are trivial to her... Perhaps unless if it's her bank account or her doctor title.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017