Ratings for Dr. Carol Story

I am a relatively new patient (over the past year) of Dr. Story's and have found her to be very good. As a new patient she took the time to get to know me, perform a physical and determined the appropriate tests to obtain a base line of my general health. More recently she has helped me through a cancer scare in a supportive and caring manner. I would definitely recommend her to family and friends

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

She is always late, and always dismissive. She has almost always been my doctor, and has the mentality of "one problem per visit" however refilling a prescription takes five seconds and you still have time to talk about my other problems! Front staff is rude on the phone and in person. I am getting very frustrated every time I visit Dr. Story, and I am now looking for a new doctor. She seems like she is only there to get a paycheque and she can not answer simple medical questions. I'd rather go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I was totally shocked when she told me she doesn't have time for my questions relating to my health, and I should just get used to the pain I was having. It's almost like you have to prove you are really sick until she'd believe you and do something for you. What is her problem? Terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Forgetful stay way rude uncaring unfeeling a total waste of time

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I honestly can't tell whether Dr. Story is incompetent or just lazy. I assume the latter since she was obviously clever enough to make it through med school. She is reluctant to do routine physical exams when they are clearly indicated and brushes off your concerns. The staff aren't friendly either. When you approach the desk, you are typically treated like a nuisance. Having said that, a friendly staff isn't crucial to a good practice; a good GP would make interacting with unfriendly staff worth the trouble. Dr. Story's lazy approach to care isn't worth the trouble. Look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Oh man. Stay away. Very stuck up and uncaring. Not fit for this noble profession. Her knowledge is too general and everything related to patients' concerns are trivial to her... Perhaps unless if it's her bank account or her doctor title.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Stay away ....dismissive and rude and uncaring Staff are unpleasant Just stay away

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I agree with the comments. She took over from my doctor of 25 years when she retired and it has been a bad experience every time I've seen her. She won't refer you to specialists when asked. My partner has had major problems and needs to be referred to her gynecologist but she refused as well as my request to be referred to my dermatologist which I've been seeing for 15 years. Dismissive, rude, condescending and she seems to not care about her patients with possible life threatening problems. She does not write things down so when you go to see her regarding a problem you've already seen her about she doesn't remember and admits she doesn't write things down. Her staff has called us regarding reports and when you go to see the doctor she can't find the reports. Very disappointed and I have gone elsewhere for medical assistance. The other physician my partner has consulted was very alarmed and has referred her to the proper specialist immediately. In my opinion it is time for Dr. Story to retire.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I believe everything everything every one saying she took over my doctors practice when she retired now she is questioning everything my doctor said after 35 years. She walks into an established practice and treats patients like @&@$ found new docter good luck to you all

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Doctor Story is my parents GP. I would have to agree with the testimony of many of the patients below. She was rude and dismissive of my father when he needed help for dizziness, shortness of breath and nausea. She asked him to leave after 10minutes. He has switched doctors and just recently undergone major emergency heart surgery (5 bypasses and a valve repair). I think it was foul and neglectful of her to miss something as major as this and to treat a patient with such rudeness and superiority. Her secretary is abominable. I have had to deal with her several times and each time she is so rude. I have no idea how they can get away with such terrible care. Shame on them both.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016