Ratings for Dr. Derek Haaland

I have been a patient of Dr. Haaland's for 5 years now. He is an excellent doctor who isn't afraid to communicate with other healthcare members. He is thorough and doesn't mind questions. His staff is top notch, and I have never had a mix-up with appointments. Will you have to wait in the waiting room? Of course. Only because he spends quality time with every patient to properly diagnose them. I never felt rushed. Snacks and water are provided for the wait. Also offers free wifi and movies to watch. Great teamwork!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

very Impressed with the staff and Dr.Haaland.Very friendly and take time and listen to you.Dr.Haaland is a very thoural doctor and really knows his stuff.Has helped me turn my life around dealing with my Psa and joint pain.Thanks again Dr.Haaland and his well educated nurses.🖒

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Very impressed with my visit with Dr. Haaland. They were an hour behind when I was there but it was still only a 2-3 hour wait which I am totally okay with as it is a doctors office and stuff happens! Amazing staff, very friendly, knowledgeable AND Dr. Haaland actually took my symptoms seriously and ordered further testing. Great experience!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr & staff are egotistical, disorganized, unprofessional and unapologetic! Waste of time! Wonder how many positive reviews are clinic generated?!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Is the wait time long? Yes. It was right on a 3 hour wait for me. That doesn't really bother me, though, because I know that there is a shortage of doctors and even more of a shortage of specialists in Barrie. I thank Dr. Haaland for taking on new patients, and I know that sometimes there will be a wait, because so many people need to see him and he is just one person. Reading these reviews beforehand really scared me and made me nervous to meet Dr. Haaland, but he was nothing but professional and helpful to me. I loved his assistant, Jessica Skinner, and think that they make a great team. I felt 100% listened to and they made sure to answer all of my questions and concerns, and gave me an email to better reach them if I have questions in the near future. I've had other specialists in Barrie belittle me, confuse me, and make me feel like I was wasting there time, but Dr. Haaland made me feel comfortable and he took me seriously. I would gladly wait 3 hours or more to receive quality care. I'll just bring a couple books to read next time :)

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I drive three hours to see him and he is worth the wait and the drive.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have been at this office several times. My first 3 appointments which were 20 minutes in length, I waited 3 hours after my appointment time. Plus the time I wasted being early. After they decide that the course of action would be then moved me to the research side and it seemed they were only event half an hour behind but still a problem if you have a day of errands or other appointments. I then discontiburded one treatment and was no longer apart of their study so again I waited in excess of 2 hours, to simply get a needle. Not a long appointment- just a quick needle. I can't stand it. It's terrible and we feel like sardines in here!!! Dr Haaland is great, One nurse was great but all others I've dealt with have been hard to deal with to say the least. They look like sloths behind the counter and don't care what your concern is about. They also mix up appointments So beware!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

very nice and makes you feel at home. dr haland knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

The office staff are very friendly and helpful. The wait times have improved so much, which is great and my nurse is so easy to talk to and very understanding. The medication the doctor got me on has helped immensely and I'm grateful for everything they have done for me.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Haaland and his staff are wonderful people. They areally kind and they know their stuff. When I was sent to him some time ago, he is sending me for tests and checking to see if he can rule out complications that are limiting me from living a "normal" life. I think he is the best Dr I've ever had. Thank you so much for being my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017