You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Derek Haaland

I can't believe anyone would rate Dr.Haaland anything but excellent. Yes,there is a long wait time but that is because he takes time with each patient. He listens and is a very caring doctor. He has been one of the best doctors I have ever had. You are warned in advance to bring a good book. I have a chronic condition and he has gone way beyond to try and find help fpr me! I have waited much longer in other specialist offices!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I really liked this doctor and staff the had grey punctuality and helpfulness

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I havent had any problems with this doctor he has always been helpful to me and answered all my questions and sent me for all the proper tests and got me in as soon as they could in any specialist appt there is a wait time to be expected thats with most specialist

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

What shocks me about reading other ratings about this doctor and his staff that ANYONE would rate this man or his staff, anything higher than a 1! Right from the time you enter his office, his staff are rude and discourteous. The wait time is totally outrageous. I don't know how this man ever became a doctor! He is more interested in watching, and socializing, with his cute little office assistants than he is in his patients. He is very unprofessional and like another person, who has rated him on this site, states....his office is nothing more than an OHIP turn-style to print money! He is a total rip-off for the tax--payers and Kathleen Wynne should be held responsible for this joke of a doctor, and others like him, who are getting paid the kind of money that they make....but couldn't care less about their patients. He is the most unprofessional, unknowledgeable, ignorant, money-sucking so-called doctor I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. This guy is a total clown! He should get a job in a circus! How did this guy every get a licence to practice?????

Submitted December 27, 2015

The negative comments about Dr Haaland are exact. I found my experience with him and his office staff exasperating a conveyor belt specialist. Wait time was atrocious. As far as the experience being helpful I would have to say definitely not got more information from the internet.

Submitted December 19, 2015

I went there cynical and left feeling respected and validated for my chronic pain. (Likely, we all know here what a personal psychological burden chronic pain is). I've certainly waited much longer than an hour or two to see a specialist in the past. Their literature I got in the mail said to expect to spend approximately 3 hours there. I got a clear diagnosis and requisitions for many other relevant tests. I felt he was one of the more thorough specialists I have ever seen, and unfortunately I have seen more than my share. I received some immediate medical intervention at my appointment to help with inflammation and pain. I found his staff to be friendly and concerned. I am feeling hopeful that the long-term medication prescribed is going to improve and save the function of my hands to the point of someday enjoying shopping again ...dang those hangers and heavy clothes on them ;-)

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I was referred here by my doctor in North Bay for some allergy testing. Appointment was scheduled for 3:15 and didn't get out of the waiting room till 4:30. When the allergy testing began it was not the doctor who did it but one of his employees. She explained very little about the process, couldn't answer my questions nor did she care to TRY and find an answer. After getting my results I waited another 25 minutes to see the "doctor"; when he came in we talked for less than 10 minutes. Once I explained that I wasn't looking for any prescriptions the conversation was quickly killed and I felt as though he had no interest in even being there. I asked if my allergies could be effecting my skin (I have been having skin issues for the past year or so) and once again they had no idea how to answer my question. The kicker was right in front of me he started Googling questions and stated to Cassandra, the employee "see how easy this is" NOW, I am trying to get in contact with the office to get a signature for a Travel Grant so I can be reimbursed for this wasted day - I've called 5 times and have yet to have someone pick up the phone and I can't leave a message because their answering box is full. Over all a very frustrating experience and next time someone refers you here... Save the time and google yourself.

Submitted November 25, 2015

I waited hours, he tried to push me out in a few minutes....I was the last one there and I guess he had better things to do~at least that's how he makes you feel. The only thing I found helpful is that he told me the drug aclasta lasted six years with each infusion...now I'm finding that this may not be the truth either!!! whatever...he acts like he's Mr. Wonderful but the truth is, he's not even Mr. Half way there!

Submitted November 24, 2015

The staff are wonderful, quite informative. However, you have to wait hours to be seen. The majority of us in the waiting area had driven hours to be seen. Love the new office space.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Has wasted 6 months of my life and just doesn't care enough to take the time to read my test. I show positive in several blood test but I'm not s priority to him. So disappointed because I wS told he was the best and I waited to see a person that treats you like s cow going through the line to be shot

Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Derek Haaland's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe anyone would rate Dr.Haaland anything but excellent. Yes,there is a long wait time but that is because he takes time with each patient. He liste..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I really liked this doctor and staff the had grey punctuality and helpfulness"

January 23, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I havent had any problems with this doctor he has always been helpful to me and answered all my questions and sent me for all the proper tests and got me in as..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What shocks me about reading other ratings about this doctor and his staff that ANYONE would rate this man or his staff, anything higher than a 1! Right from t..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The negative comments about Dr Haaland are exact. I found my experience with him and his office staff exasperating a conveyor belt specialist. Wait time was at..."

December 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Haalands office door is simply an OHIP billing turnstile. Just a license to print money , nothing more."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I went there cynical and left feeling respected and validated for my chronic pain. (Likely, we all know here what a personal psychological burden chronic pain ..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred here by my doctor in North Bay for some allergy testing. Appointment was scheduled for 3:15 and didn't get out of the waiting room till 4:30. Whe..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I waited hours, he tried to push me out in a few minutes....I was the last one there and I guess he had better things to do~at least that's how he makes you fee..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The staff are wonderful, quite informative. However, you have to wait hours to be seen. The majority of us in the waiting area had driven hours to be seen. L..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Has wasted 6 months of my life and just doesn't care enough to take the time to read my test. I show positive in several blood test but I'm not s priority to hi..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr is knowledgable. ALthough, wait time is horrid (especially disgraceful to keep frail arthritic elderly waiting). Staff is disorganized and defensive."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this doctor for 6 years for my RA and always feel he is trying to push heavy medications on me. He is very quick to prescribe medications or mult..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to him by my family Dr. I have been battling back pain for quite sometime now. Ill admit the wait in the office was quite a long wait with my pain ..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Haaland at McMaster for over a year. After seeing numerous specialist prior, I was feeling like a lost cause! He is very kind, cari..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Haaland has changed my life!! Diagnosis & plan of action in no time. He is competent and reassuring. We all hate waiting in a dr's office but we all like ..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Haaland appears very busy. He did seem knowledgeable but he didn't ask me about my lifestyle. First appt he threw meds at me & a lab test report. Which cost..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely horrible experience. Wait times for both visits 2hrs+. Left last appointment after a 2 1/2 hour wait and still did not see him. After having a wonder..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Seen Dr Haaland for the first time. I guess I lucked out. Only waited half hr. He seemed very knowledgable and made me feel like he was competent enough to solv..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with dr. haaland and his team. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing the services he offers. very knowledgable, caring, honest and..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Haaland seems more interested in what his patients can do for his career than he does think about his patients needs. He shows up 2 hours after the first bo..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I would recomend this dr to anyone who asks,if it weren't for him i'd be dead by now,he found cancer when my own family dr brushed me off and told me to wait an..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Derek Haaland was the first doctor to ever take my concerns seriously, He referred me to the right places to get the help I needed. He was cheerful, and made su..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "it takes forever for them call back wait is long the nurse ask same stupid questions every time like should b on file. fibromyalia is a trauma in the past like ..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Worth the wait! If you are lucky enough to see him, you can trust the fact that you are in good hands."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had RA for more than 30 years. In that time I have had several rheumatologists. Dr. Haaland is by far the worst. His wait times are disgraceful. Especia..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "His wait times are terrible and then he only takes 5 minutes with you. His staff takes all the info and then he shows up for a brief session and talks to me and..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Awesome team. They're now providing communication through email which is great! They reply within an appropriate amount of time. No need to sit on phone waiting..."

September 16, 2014