Ratings for Dr. Derek Haaland

Had a referal sent earlier this year. Haven't heard a word. It's been 9 months now. Called a few days ago to find out what's going on with my appointment and the receptionist was rude and cold. Was told rhaf my referal wasn't as important as others since mine wasn't a rush referal?!! Took forever to even get ahold of somebody. Have been trying since August as well as my doctors office was. I called my docs office yesterday to cancel my referal and send me somewhere else. After reading these reviews and experiencing rudeness just by calling I'd rather not waste my time.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Complete waste of time and is a perv . Total waste of time . I don't recommend him . My wait times were over a hour to see him aswell .

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Office was okay but the dr. was aweful. He made me feel like I was a waste of his time and he was not helpful.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Haaland operates an excellent office providing a professional , welcoming setting. From the beginning, Dr. Haaland and his team have shown their genuine care and expertise in dealing with chronic illness and its impact on the patient. Truly, Dr. Haaland, through his diagnosis and treatment, has not only improved my quality of life but has helped me get my life back. Kudos to Dr. Haaland.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Sad that all that training is wasted on an immature and over-developed ego. Hopefully, one day he will grow into being a real doctor and embody the healing nature of his career choice. For now, it seems, that for many he just is not there yet.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I was willing to wait to have my extensive history looked at and pondered over. I was informed in a letter announcing my appointment that it might be a 3 hours long due to questionnaires, and health assessments. His initial paper questionnaire was detailed and extremely thorough. Emily R.N. was a brilliant and intelligent health assessor and nurse. Dr. Haaland was so compassionate and detailed in his exam and willingness to really try to help figure out my situation. As a nurse I was amazed at his clinical skills and knowledge of pain, pain physiology, neurology, connective tissue disease and genetics. His an extremely intelligent human being and doctor. He was very kind as well. This is rare - to be empathic and smart emotionally and cognitively. Figuring out complex health issues and solving complex health problems is what a rheumatologist is supposed to do. This takes time and requires tremendous skill and knowledge. The fact that he can also easily draw from other fields in medicine with the same level of skill is rare. We are luck to have this doctor in Barrie as most gifted doctors of his caliber leave for other parts of the world. I have nothing but praise for this office and this doctor. Thank you for your time and help Emily and Dr. Haaland. I have never been to a clinic which tries so hard to obtain the clinical information and history that this clinic does. It is providing comprehensive and thorough assessment to help reach proper diagnosis and treatment. There are not too many clinics or doctors willing to do this anymore. People are no longer used to the way medicine used to be and want fast food type of service. To get quality assessment I will wait.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

It sounds terrible but I am relieved to hear that I am not the only one who has suffered through hours of waiting only to be basically ignored by Dr Haaland (for the 2 minutes he even stay is in the room) just to have a prescription thrown at me with no reason or explanation and when you ask a question to advocate for yourself he gives you a "how dare you" look. He is rude, arrogant, prescription happy and knows NOTHING about his patients. I stopped taking my prescription 2 years ago and he still hasn't realized that he has never given me a refill because he just doesn't care about his patients - unless maybe they are on his drug trials - which I am sure he gets paid handsomely for. If you're thinking of seeing this Dr DON'T - run for the hills. He is a nightmare.

Submitted June 28, 2016

Mocking patients, arriving late every day, stacking and racking people in the waiting rooms and delivering 'care' with arrogance and disregard. If you are looking to wait long times to be frustrated and shocked by a narcissistic bully who will have a Rx in your hand before he even has a clue what is wrong...than maybe consider him. I have no problem waiting for 5 hours if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Warning, this light is a train. Please consult your other specialists before considering meds from this doc. He likes to prescribe without advising of risks specifically relating to individuals.

Submitted June 20, 2016

This office is run like a well oiled machine. You are given a PA which helps speed the process, mine is extremely nice and helpful. Not a long visit with the Dr. but he does listen to you and responds. Definitely recommend this group.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr.Haaland listens-carefully,and takes as much time as you need. This is why most patients don't mind waiting a bit because they know good care sometimes takes time!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016