Ratings for Dr. Derek Haaland

Dr. Haaland and his staff are wonderful people. They areally kind and they know their stuff. When I was sent to him some time ago, he is sending me for tests and checking to see if he can rule out complications that are limiting me from living a "normal" life. I think he is the best Dr I've ever had. Thank you so much for being my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I was extremely please with the whole experience with Dr. Halaand and his staff. Sure the paper work is long , but extremely thorough. He and his staff took the time to listen to me and I have an extremely complex medical history and are trying to work with me to help with my arthritis and other pain.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr.Haaland's office is brand new, clean and runs on time. Dr. Haaland is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated . He and his staff ran several tests , he explained any that would cost out of pocket . His patients are assigned a Nurse and she can be reached by phone, fax or email and responds within a day. Extremely efficient and thorough with testing. Always makes a follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I'm glad that I am not the only one that has had such a bad experience with this Dr. I wonder how he can be okay with how he treats people?

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I realize that I am just re-stating similar information as many others whom have had the unfortunate experience of putting their care and trust in Dr Haaland. However, I think it is also important for you to know that you can request seeing another specialist and many of them have outgrown their obnoxious "God" complex and understand that they are mere mortals like the rest of us. I had the worst experience of my life with Doctor Haaland and do not believe that he should have a medical licence. On the other hand i have had excellent experiences with some other physicians who were both extremely good at their trades and extraordinary in their communication skills. It is unfortunate for them that he has such a profoundly negative impact on the reputation of all doctors. It is also unfortunate that he does not have the insight to recognize that his behaviour has impact far beyond the borders of what happens in his office. If you are looking for a specialist - keep looking. If he is your specialist - pay attention to what he is doing and make sure it is right for you. Get a second opinion - you may be shocked at what he doesn't know and how that can hurt you. Take care of yourself first. I agree that his staff are disorganized -but they are exceeding his standards and that is all that is expected of them. Good luck and good health.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

As soon as I arrived filled out a checklist and saw a nurse re blood pressure! Five minutes later saw nurse who after looking at the Xrays sent by my family doctor consulted with Dr. Haaland who quickly changed the course of action. He explained to me that the Xray was not adequate to show the cause of my pain. He had his nurse make an appointment for an MRI and Dr.Haaland also gave me a prescription to help the pain. I am 76 years old and was treated quickly and with respect! It has been my experience that if you do have to wait sometimes it is because he does take the time to listen to his patients and doesn't rush the exam! He is very professional and keeps up to date on the new developments in his field!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Never on time... See this dr if you want to wait several hours! He is so egotistical and only wants to push prescriptions. He will spend 5mins with you and make you feel like your wasting his time! He is unapologetic for wait times. His nurse is decent. But staff is super disorganized and will keep you waiting for referrals and tests. He over books his patients and keeps the oldest and most frail clients waiting hours and hours. Not a well run office.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Dr Haaland has a nice personality, and great manners, attentive to patient problems and easy to talk with. He make time during appointment and isn't rushy but busy. It is very enjoyable to call him my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Came to him scared, he did nothing but intimated me with stupid questions he already should know, wait 2.5 hours to hear him say I want blood work from Emily and bye. Doesn't answer any questions or anything. Useless.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Haaland after seeing multiple doctors for ongoing severe allergies. I was under the impression that I would be going to him for services that I had not already received from anyone else-but that was not the case. My first appointment was schedule for 2:30pm, and I was instructed to be at the office 30 mins prior to then, which I was. I waited and waited in the waiting room, finally being called in at around 4:00pm-2 hours after arriving and 1.5 hours after my appointment time! Once in the room, the nurse was fine and polite, but conducted an environmental pric test, which is something I had already had done by another doctor. She confirmed the one allergy that I already knew about. Then, she left the room to go inform the doctor that we were ready to see him. AND SHE LEFT THE ROOM FOR ANOTHER HOUR!!! Finally, they both came back, he shook my hand, asked me a few questions and then prescribed a weekly allergy shot that I would have to go back to Barrie to pick up the serum and be issued my first shot. (Did I mention I am travelling from Sudbury?). So we do that. And a couple of months later we go back to Barrie to get things started. We did not have to wait in the waiting room long this time. But once we were in the office, we were informed that because I hadn't taken an antihistamine an hour before (which I was never instructed to do), they would have to give me one and we would have to wait an hour before being able to administer the shot. So we waited...again. Then, I was scheduled to go back to see the Doctor this October for a follow up. In August I received a call that they had moved my appointment up to September. So September comes around, my boyfriend and I both take a day off of work and make the 3 hour trip to see Dr. Haaland in Barrie for my follow up. Again, my appointment time was at 2:30pm, and this time we were nearing 4:00pm again before we were called in. Once in the room with the nurse, she looks at my charts and says "I think you are here too soon for us to administer the next set of tests, it hasn't been a year yet since you started but I will go find the doctor and ask him", so she leaves the room again for another 20 minutes and then comes back with dr. Haaland, he comes in and confirms that we have come too early and that they will have to book me back in in the spring. So we took time off of work and traveled all for nothing this time. So over all, I think that he is very unorganized and has no respect for anyone's time but his own. It's very unprofessional, and I recommend if you are referred to him for these kind of services, you ask to be referred elsewhere to hopefully avoid this nonsense.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016