Ratings for Dr. Derek Haaland

I have been at this office several times. My first 3 appointments which were 20 minutes in length, I waited 3 hours after my appointment time. Plus the time I wasted being early. After they decide that the course of action would be then moved me to the research side and it seemed they were only event half an hour behind but still a problem if you have a day of errands or other appointments. I then discontiburded one treatment and was no longer apart of their study so again I waited in excess of 2 hours, to simply get a needle. Not a long appointment- just a quick needle. I can't stand it. It's terrible and we feel like sardines in here!!! Dr Haaland is great, One nurse was great but all others I've dealt with have been hard to deal with to say the least. They look like sloths behind the counter and don't care what your concern is about. They also mix up appointments So beware!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

very nice and makes you feel at home. dr haland knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

The office staff are very friendly and helpful. The wait times have improved so much, which is great and my nurse is so easy to talk to and very understanding. The medication the doctor got me on has helped immensely and I'm grateful for everything they have done for me.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Haaland and his staff are wonderful people. They areally kind and they know their stuff. When I was sent to him some time ago, he is sending me for tests and checking to see if he can rule out complications that are limiting me from living a "normal" life. I think he is the best Dr I've ever had. Thank you so much for being my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I was extremely please with the whole experience with Dr. Halaand and his staff. Sure the paper work is long , but extremely thorough. He and his staff took the time to listen to me and I have an extremely complex medical history and are trying to work with me to help with my arthritis and other pain.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr.Haaland's office is brand new, clean and runs on time. Dr. Haaland is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated . He and his staff ran several tests , he explained any that would cost out of pocket . His patients are assigned a Nurse and she can be reached by phone, fax or email and responds within a day. Extremely efficient and thorough with testing. Always makes a follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I'm glad that I am not the only one that has had such a bad experience with this Dr. I wonder how he can be okay with how he treats people?

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I realize that I am just re-stating similar information as many others whom have had the unfortunate experience of putting their care and trust in Dr Haaland. However, I think it is also important for you to know that you can request seeing another specialist and many of them have outgrown their obnoxious "God" complex and understand that they are mere mortals like the rest of us. I had the worst experience of my life with Doctor Haaland and do not believe that he should have a medical licence. On the other hand i have had excellent experiences with some other physicians who were both extremely good at their trades and extraordinary in their communication skills. It is unfortunate for them that he has such a profoundly negative impact on the reputation of all doctors. It is also unfortunate that he does not have the insight to recognize that his behaviour has impact far beyond the borders of what happens in his office. If you are looking for a specialist - keep looking. If he is your specialist - pay attention to what he is doing and make sure it is right for you. Get a second opinion - you may be shocked at what he doesn't know and how that can hurt you. Take care of yourself first. I agree that his staff are disorganized -but they are exceeding his standards and that is all that is expected of them. Good luck and good health.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

As soon as I arrived filled out a checklist and saw a nurse re blood pressure! Five minutes later saw nurse who after looking at the Xrays sent by my family doctor consulted with Dr. Haaland who quickly changed the course of action. He explained to me that the Xray was not adequate to show the cause of my pain. He had his nurse make an appointment for an MRI and Dr.Haaland also gave me a prescription to help the pain. I am 76 years old and was treated quickly and with respect! It has been my experience that if you do have to wait sometimes it is because he does take the time to listen to his patients and doesn't rush the exam! He is very professional and keeps up to date on the new developments in his field!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Never on time... See this dr if you want to wait several hours! He is so egotistical and only wants to push prescriptions. He will spend 5mins with you and make you feel like your wasting his time! He is unapologetic for wait times. His nurse is decent. But staff is super disorganized and will keep you waiting for referrals and tests. He over books his patients and keeps the oldest and most frail clients waiting hours and hours. Not a well run office.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016