Ratings for Dr. Alex Bene, Deceased

Miss my favoritist dentist ever. Such a kind hearted man.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Bene was my dentist for almost 50 years! He was very knowledgeable and professional in all aspects of dentistry; he will be sorely missed by his plethora of patients. I will always remember he delighted in his passion for growing tomatoes and, as well, to hear stories about his cat that would only eat fresh shrimp.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Bene was my dentist from the time he began practicing. That works out to 50 years of superb service, treatment and friendship. The reason I still have all of my teeth is due to the caring, compassion, skill and professionalism of this extraordinary man and practitioner. How many people can make that claim? May Dr. Bene's contribution to his many, many patients, the profession of dentistry and to society be forever remembered and inscribed on this site.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

We were his patients since Spring of 1973. Our children were too. I just found out today, that he had passed away. I did not grow up going to a dentist so when I came to him, I had many missing teeth and damaged ones. He saved teeth for me that another dentist might have given up on. He really cared about his patients and was interested in all aspects of our lives,,,these tributes are so meaningful...I read about the twinkle in his eye and it is wonderful to see that; I read about him saying, "well, I think this we'll treat this conservatively" and it reminds me of him saying that to me, as well. We can all count ourselves lucky to have had this amazing man as our dentist all through our lives. Our sincere sympathy to Linda and his sisters/family/friends.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Bene for over 40 years, driving from various parts of the province for an appointment. I have never understood why people were afraid of seeing a dentist! He will be sorely missed, and I'm happy to have found another who remembers having Dr. Bene as an instructor. RIP

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

I considered Dr. Bene a dear friend , and I will be forever saddened to hear of his untimely passing . Alex ( I never called him Alex ) had a wonderful sense of humour , and I looked forward to our exchanges and the twinkle in his eye . The long list of tributes to this great man speaks volumes to his kind and gentle character . And , Alex, you were a great freaking dentist too . I always felt calmed and optimistic in your capable hands . Adieu .

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I am very saddened to have heard that my dentist for over 25 years passed away. He was a great guy and I actually looked forward to my dental appointments. Does anyone know where I can find the obituary?

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr Bene surely must set the high end standard for dentists. I count myself fortunate in the extreme to have been his patient and friend for 37 years. The sense of loss in his passing is like that of a family member and the world seems duller and more pedestrian in his absence. Imagine it: actually looking forward to a visit with the dentist!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

I noticed in searching for Dr. Bene's obituary that many people have come here to express their feelings about this wonderful man. I happen to have a copy of the National Post obituary and it states that if people wish to extend condolences to e-mail southsidefh@arbormemorial.com. His wife, Linda, will be happy to receive these expressions.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

A tad misused by previous dentists, my teeth chattered with joy when I introduced then to Dr. Bene, who quickly made us, my teeth, fillings, and the rest of me, forget the past. I never met a more considerate and talented dentist than Alex, and miss him. He was charming and usually began a difficult procedure by saying "Robert, I think we'll treat this one conservatively", and I never left his office feeling unhappy with his/our decisions and always walked to the elevator smiling. My partner and most of my Alberta colleagues were his patients and, I must add, his friends. The finest dentist and a dear friend, Dr, Bene was gentle, polite, sensitive, and talented at his work. My sympathy to his family in this loss of a rare and gentle spirit. I feel fortunate just to have known Alex. Privileged. Humbled. That makes the sadness bearable:

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016