Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey C. Schoon

Dr. Schoon has been very helpful to me. My health needs have sometimes required surgery and other specialties. He always gets to the bottom of the problem and gets me the help I need. As I get to know him he does care about my health.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I'm so thankful i found dr schoon. he's always listened and more importantly cared about any concerns or issues I've had.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Worst doctor I've encountered - someone else mentioned him being moody, this is spot on. The first time I saw him I thought I'd found a decent doctor, then the next time I see him, it was like I was meeting with a completely different doctor - he was a total jerk and felt as though he wasn't going to listen to anything I said because he already thought he knew exactly what I needed. I figure there's a reason he's always accepting new patients - nobody stays with him very long.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

he is great. has been my dr for 15 years. i would recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

I can't say if this guy is a good doc or lousy...he's just there in a non-descript sort of way. But I can say that if you like your doc to be moody and inconsistant, this one is for you. One day he's nice and actually listens...the next he's a tree stump. I will also say that the organization around him (Ia Health Systems)sucks...period. I believe that they recruit and promore based on bad attitudes and being mad at the world, especially IHS/Schoon customers (patients). His nurse is at the top of that list and is to be avoided at all costs.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I found him to be brusque and at best he spent five minutes examining and talking with me about something I later found to be a serious issue. I found his nurse to be about the same. His personality was flat and barely polite, and his exam was very superficial. I have been to two other doctors in his same clinic and they were fine. This doctor I will never see again, even in an emergency. Bedside manner is not a term with which he is familiar. If he wants to set a good example for his patients, he also needs to lose about 50 pounds.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey C. Schoon's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Des Moines, IA