Ratings for Dr. K. Rama Bhat

Where do i beggin: Horrible doctor I would never reccommend to anyone. Preformed one surgery and three biopsies only to leave me with a bad scar. His reports that he has written seemed that he was annoyed that I have asked so many questions. He once asked me I need all the blessing that I can get oh well no blessing will ever be given to him. Karma will get at him for firstly behaving unprofessional and laughing at my questions and then writting report "untrue" !!! Thank god we have other great doctors. Avoid him at any cost. He works at mackenzie health and mackenzie health is the worst hospital in the face of the earth. That's why he works there he is incompetent for anywhere else where you can get decent and safe care . I would never see him again. Terrible manners unprofessional and to me seems like he should retire for good because seems a bit to have mental issues .

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Terrible bedside manner. Told my dad that "the old lady is going to live" after having her mastectomy. Would read her chart in front of her and my mom would have to go over detail again and again. Most doctors read your chart before seeing you so they are knowledgeable about your situation. I wouldn't trust him. He did a lousy job of her mastectomy as he left too much tissue on the side. It makes it difficult for her to find an appropriate prosthesis.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!My friend was told by Dr.Bhat she had cysts in her breast and to just "live with it". Since she was bleeding from her breast, she decided to trust her instinct and ask for a second opinion. After being seen at Princess Margaret Hospital she was quickly diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and treatment started immediately. Not sure how this 7cm cancerous cyst was overlooked?????? Please go to a more competent doctor who orders more tests and looks after the best interests of his patients :(

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I saw dr. bhat 3 years ago and had breast surgery . I am very happy with this doctor.He is the best.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

i've seen dr. rama bhat, yesterday, may 31 2011, and i felt i am in good hands. i had surgery to remove my gallbladder with other surgeon , my son had apendectomy with other surgeon before but never so connected like him. he is very compassionate, knowledgable and very helpful. i'm glad he is my surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

BEWARE LADIES!Being a Registered Nurse,I thought I was in the best hands ever. I have been seeing Dr. Bhat for the past 7 years for a history of fibroadenomas. Despite all the yearly mammograms & ultrasounds at York Central Hospital, I was diagnosed with Stage 2 possibly 3 Breast Cancer with positive lymph nodes in Aug.20,2010 after my recent surgery in Feb./2010. I thought I was being monitored so closely but obviously not!!! What has Dr.Bhat been doing since 2003 with all the examinations & diagnostic testing! Which radiologist @ YCH is reading the films incorrectly? Also,his secretary Janice is not compassionate at all...

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010