You may also like

Rate Dr. Jennifer Bestard

Dr. Jennifer Bestard's Ratings

Dr. Bestard is smart, intuitive, and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

I haven't even had my appointment yet and the receptionist was so rude and ignorant I'm dreading the day already and it's a month away.

I had missed two msgs from the receptionist. Not purposely, I work 12 hour shifts on nights and was simply not awake during business hours.

Then after making the conversation as painful as she could, she then informed me that if I didn't call to confirm a week prior my appt would be given away.

It's too bad that this Woman needs to give out such bad energy. She must have a miserable life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I am very lucky to have Dr Bestard as my Nuro for the past 5-6 years now. Ever since I have left the MS clinic my progression has slowed down, she also is very open minded and willing to acknowledge that you might have some ideas on treatment options. She is willing to step outside of the box and doesnt dismiss your concerns and ideas. Dr Bestard and Cindy are two firecrackers willing to stand behind you for any kind of support that you might need. They are very busy, but when it comes down to it, they have your back. In my opinion it is better to have the best, even if you might have to wait. If she wasn't so great she wouldnt be so busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Bestard is amazing. She was a bit late for our appointment, but she's also a busy woman in high demand.
She was able to see my daughter on very short notice and was very thourow with her exam.
We were not able to get back into see her, because the receptionist did not return my calls.
It's unfortunate that the person answering the phone is so rude and very unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Bestard about 4 years ago, and was able to get an appointment right away. She really knew her stuff, and for the first time in years, my symptoms went away after she put me on a medication. I saw her a few times after that and was beyond happy with her. But the last 3 times I've supposed to have an appontment, I've received letters in the mail cancelling the appointment and moving it to another day. If that day they gave me didnt work for me, i would call the office and her receptionist wouldnt answer my phone calls or messages.
But this last time was about it for me. I phoned to find out if i could move my appointment as my sympoms were becoming worse and worse every week. I was told by her receptionist that i couldn't get in, and would just have to wait until my scheduled appointment. She told me that if I felt things were bad to go see my gp. After a few weeks, i needed to know when my appointment was, so i called for 3 days and left messages and she never answered or returned my calls. Then it was too late, I had missed my appointment. When i told her that i had been calling for 3 days and ahe didnt answer or return my calls she was incredibly rude to me and told me that Dr. Bestard is on mat leave (again) and so i would have to see someone else if it was an emergency. Then when i agreed, she told me that she doesnt do reminder phone calls and i had better show up or I'm off the doctors patient list. REALLY! You cant change my appointment twice in a few months and not call me to remind me or answer my calls. Dr. Bestard is good, but hobestly i think she needs to be a little more available to her patients, and her receptionist needs a serious attitude adjustment.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2572254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Competent, kind, persistent and inquisitive. We know that Dr. Bestard has no quit in her, and she keeps us in mind as she keeps trying to solve the puzzle of our daughter's neurological problem. She treats us all with dignity, and compassion, and her staff person, Cindy is professional and warm too. We are grateful for this level of medical care in Red Deer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I initially started seeing this Dr 3 years ago by chance in the ER department. After a LP she diagnosed me after many Drs had failed too. I was thrilled w/ her & she seemed extremely kind, caring & compassionate. Then I started seeing her in her office... I found she was still friendly but she never did examinations, just talked. She always said if my symptoms became worse to call & they would see me ASAP. Well after a trip to Emerg because things were really bad, I called the next morning. Had to leave a msg. It took them a week to call back. Only then to tell me that normally she would see me but she's leaving on mat leave (again) & doesn't have the time. & I just needed to see my GP. What's the point of having a specialist if they're just going to send you to your GP? I've been becoming less & less impressed every time I have to deal with her.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2536086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I was really disappointed with Dr.Bestard, after reading all of the reviews on here I was excited for my appointment hoping to get some answers. Dr Bestard came in an hour after my appointment time, she sent a resident in for my appointment (which I did not mind at all) and vs saying hello to me or asking about my symptoms, she reminded the resident of an appointment they had at noon and to try to hurry it up. When she did talk to me she questioned if my symptoms were really on the side I was saying and not on the other as well as what exactly my symptoms were. I know what I feel and what side they are on, I STILL feel this. The only answer I got from her in the 5 minute conversation if that along with NO exam was, "if you still feel these symptoms in 8 weeks after doing this call me and I will send you to someone for surgery". No thanks! I think I will go for my second opinion now, nothing like feeling like you are swept under the rug. I feel I was one who "fell through the cracks

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][100483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Bestard by the trauma team at Red Deer hospital and then my family Dr. wrote an excellent referral letter that got prompt attention from Dr. Bestard, this Dr. is a blessing to me I have been suffering the same neurological symtoms for about 16 years and until my Dr. wrote her and explained my symtoms and episodes no Dr.'s have figured out what is wrong, Dr. Bestard had a pretty good idea from my Dr.'s referral what was happening and has acted on it, knowing what is wrong with you is so much better than living in the dark even if it means facing some challenges, I was already dealing with them just on my own now I have this most amazing Dr. on my team...Red Deer is very fortunate to have her...thanks Dr. I feel like there's hope!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

What can i say i love her...Her chair side manner is the best i have ever experanced

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100481].votes_count ]]