Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Bestard

After months of worry about my daughter we ended up in ER. She was told she needed to see a Neurologist. Dr. Bestard was there but very busy and running behind. We decided to wait to see her and it was the best decision we have ever made. She is so knowledgeable and caring. When we left we were confident that she had diagnosed what other Dr's had missed over months of visits. She gave us a treatment plan and finally we can see relief in the future. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Bestard is a brilliant doctor who cares very much about her patients. She has amazing staff who do the best to help her be the best doctor she can be. Being a mom of three young children and the head of neurology in Red Deer makes her very busy. If you need help you can be sure to know that her office staff will be there to take your questions. Best neurologist in town. I'm glad she is continually researching and gaining new information from books and online up to date information, it makes her a better doctor. She is always looking to learn new things, and participating in cutting edge stroke protocols. If you have the opportunity to see this doctor, even if you have to wait two years your life will have been blessed by an angel on earth. Thank you Dr. Bestard and her wonderful office staff for being so great.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I had the displeasure of meeting her, She used a book to figure out what she thinks is wrong. She didnt really care to explain anything to me, stating it would get better on its own. Great you try living with not being able to use your arm . Her staff booked me twice for the same appointment made the trip and then told oh no sorry we mademistake,

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

What an amazing smart woman ! I feel blessed and know I have an angel in my pocket with her diagnosis, I know I am in the best possible care and look forward to being well again! Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Dr. Bestard is smart, intuitive, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I haven't even had my appointment yet and the receptionist was so rude and ignorant I'm dreading the day already and it's a month away. I had missed two msgs from the receptionist. Not purposely, I work 12 hour shifts on nights and was simply not awake during business hours. Then after making the conversation as painful as she could, she then informed me that if I didn't call to confirm a week prior my appt would be given away. It's too bad that this Woman needs to give out such bad energy. She must have a miserable life.

Submitted June 16, 2015

I am very lucky to have Dr Bestard as my Nuro for the past 5-6 years now. Ever since I have left the MS clinic my progression has slowed down, she also is very open minded and willing to acknowledge that you might have some ideas on treatment options. She is willing to step outside of the box and doesnt dismiss your concerns and ideas. Dr Bestard and Cindy are two firecrackers willing to stand behind you for any kind of support that you might need. They are very busy, but when it comes down to it, they have your back. In my opinion it is better to have the best, even if you might have to wait. If she wasn't so great she wouldnt be so busy.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Bestard is amazing. She was a bit late for our appointment, but she's also a busy woman in high demand. She was able to see my daughter on very short notice and was very thourow with her exam. We were not able to get back into see her, because the receptionist did not return my calls. It's unfortunate that the person answering the phone is so rude and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Bestard about 4 years ago, and was able to get an appointment right away. She really knew her stuff, and for the first time in years, my symptoms went away after she put me on a medication. I saw her a few times after that and was beyond happy with her. But the last 3 times I've supposed to have an appontment, I've received letters in the mail cancelling the appointment and moving it to another day. If that day they gave me didnt work for me, i would call the office and her receptionist wouldnt answer my phone calls or messages. But this last time was about it for me. I phoned to find out if i could move my appointment as my sympoms were becoming worse and worse every week. I was told by her receptionist that i couldn't get in, and would just have to wait until my scheduled appointment. She told me that if I felt things were bad to go see my gp. After a few weeks, i needed to know when my appointment was, so i called for 3 days and left messages and she never answered or returned my calls. Then it was too late, I had missed my appointment. When i told her that i had been calling for 3 days and ahe didnt answer or return my calls she was incredibly rude to me and told me that Dr. Bestard is on mat leave (again) and so i would have to see someone else if it was an emergency. Then when i agreed, she told me that she doesnt do reminder phone calls and i had better show up or I'm off the doctors patient list. REALLY! You cant change my appointment twice in a few months and not call me to remind me or answer my calls. Dr. Bestard is good, but hobestly i think she needs to be a little more available to her patients, and her receptionist needs a serious attitude adjustment.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Competent, kind, persistent and inquisitive. We know that Dr. Bestard has no quit in her, and she keeps us in mind as she keeps trying to solve the puzzle of our daughter's neurological problem. She treats us all with dignity, and compassion, and her staff person, Cindy is professional and warm too. We are grateful for this level of medical care in Red Deer.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014