Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Bestard

I find that seeing this Dr once a yr for a chronic problem that has gone on for 3yrs....having her one receptionist (the other is very nice) run interference and constantly tell you she isn't in, hasn't completed paper work or pick which medication you want to be on because the chosen treatment isn't working very disturbing. After coming in for my SCHEDULED appointment, I sat in the waiting room for 2 and a half hours! I would expect that at a walk in, but running that far behind and then feeling rushed out when it was my appointment was a little disheartening. Helpfulness? Well that's pretty hard to gauge when you get 10 minutes a year. Knowledge: she knows her stuff, but find that she really pushes the Botox (which is FINE) but then doesn't do much else if it fails. Good luck.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

The Best Specialist I've ever known ! She solved a migraine issue that haunted me for five years !! Love the Staff! They truly care !

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have been taken care of for the past 6 years or more, by the best "doc -Squad" in Red Deer. I'm a person with my multi- health issues, Dr Bestard has ALWAYS treated me as a whole unit, always finding out the problem, where others have failed to do. She never gives you a label. she finds out the problem and fixes it ! Because of her and her team, she has never given up on me. To be seen by the BEST, you might have to be patient and understanding about appointment times. And with Cindy at the front desk, she always trys to solves the problem until you can see Dr Bestard. So now that I don't live in Red Deer, I'm keeping the best nuro anyone could ask for! I would travel any distance just so I could keep Dr Bestard, and her wonderful "doc-sqaud"

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

After months of worry about my daughter we ended up in ER. She was told she needed to see a Neurologist. Dr. Bestard was there but very busy and running behind. We decided to wait to see her and it was the best decision we have ever made. She is so knowledgeable and caring. When we left we were confident that she had diagnosed what other Dr's had missed over months of visits. She gave us a treatment plan and finally we can see relief in the future. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Bestard is a brilliant doctor who cares very much about her patients. She has amazing staff who do the best to help her be the best doctor she can be. Being a mom of three young children and the head of neurology in Red Deer makes her very busy. If you need help you can be sure to know that her office staff will be there to take your questions. Best neurologist in town. I'm glad she is continually researching and gaining new information from books and online up to date information, it makes her a better doctor. She is always looking to learn new things, and participating in cutting edge stroke protocols. If you have the opportunity to see this doctor, even if you have to wait two years your life will have been blessed by an angel on earth. Thank you Dr. Bestard and her wonderful office staff for being so great.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I had the displeasure of meeting her, She used a book to figure out what she thinks is wrong. She didnt really care to explain anything to me, stating it would get better on its own. Great you try living with not being able to use your arm . Her staff booked me twice for the same appointment made the trip and then told oh no sorry we mademistake,

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

What an amazing smart woman ! I feel blessed and know I have an angel in my pocket with her diagnosis, I know I am in the best possible care and look forward to being well again! Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Dr. Bestard is smart, intuitive, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I haven't even had my appointment yet and the receptionist was so rude and ignorant I'm dreading the day already and it's a month away. I had missed two msgs from the receptionist. Not purposely, I work 12 hour shifts on nights and was simply not awake during business hours. Then after making the conversation as painful as she could, she then informed me that if I didn't call to confirm a week prior my appt would be given away. It's too bad that this Woman needs to give out such bad energy. She must have a miserable life.

Submitted June 16, 2015

I am very lucky to have Dr Bestard as my Nuro for the past 5-6 years now. Ever since I have left the MS clinic my progression has slowed down, she also is very open minded and willing to acknowledge that you might have some ideas on treatment options. She is willing to step outside of the box and doesnt dismiss your concerns and ideas. Dr Bestard and Cindy are two firecrackers willing to stand behind you for any kind of support that you might need. They are very busy, but when it comes down to it, they have your back. In my opinion it is better to have the best, even if you might have to wait. If she wasn't so great she wouldnt be so busy.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015