Ratings for Dr. Adam Gavsie

His practice is now closed. Where do we find him? If someone knows I can be contacted at lizhasanaddress@gmail.com

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

It's been about 5 years I've been patient of Dr. Gavsie. I was looking for an open mind and holistic practice doctor. I was having horrible inflammation pain and i didnt know what was going on with me. After seing Dr. Gavsie, I knew I was in good hands, he took his time analysing my situation, he listened and saw all the possible ways. I was blessed to have an amazing doctor that truly cares about his patients and wants to help. His expertise and knowledge helped me understand more about my health and do healthy choices with his naturopath team. I am extremely gracious for his help,  he really cares and uses his gift in the right way to help his patiences. Not only he was my family doctor but he was interested to know the current situation in my daily life that affects me so he can better understand his patients.  I am sad at the same time that he has to close his office due to unfair rules in Quebec for integrative medicine practice.  Quebec has at lot to learn about excellent doctors and integrative medicine. We are loosing a great doctor I have ever met.  Its hard to find an open minded and a helpful doctor with integrative western medicine and alternatives medicine practices. His patients aren't numbers, for him it's an opportunity to help them and see all possible ways that general doctor don't ever take the time to do. His ability to treat his patients, his knowledgeable experience and professionalism makes him an one of a kind doctor but mostly a human being helping another human being with care and empathy. Thank you for the short time period you taught me to understand my situation and  help me grow and learn about my health and to pursue a healthy lifestyle.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great doctor that took the whole picture into account and provided options / treatments that were easy to understand & related to my specific circumstances. Unfortunately his level of care does not appear to have a place in the Quebec healthcare system. Back to being without a family doc.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

J'ai eu la chance de trouver Dr Gavsie en 2011 après plus de 10 ans de vie avec une anémie chronique non expliquée. Malgré des consultations avec plusieurs spécialistes et toutes sortes d'examens médicaux, les soins prodigués ne semblaient pas me permettre d'entrevoir la fin de cet épisode de vie d'anémique. Dr Gavsie a pris le temps de m'écouter et m'a proposé des soins naturels, basés sur une hygiène alimentaire: l'amélioration s'est faite sentir dès la fin de la 1ere semaine. Sa connaissance des soins naturelles ainsi que des soins traditionnels permettaient une discussion ouverte avec pour objectif de respecter les besoins de mon corps pour les soins. Alors que pour une laryngite aigue certains souhaitaient me prescrire des antibiotiques, tout est rentré dans l'ordre avec du repos et de l'hydratation tel que recommandé par l'équipe de Dr Gavsié. Les examens et visites médicales inutiles ont toujours été évités. Et j'ai toujours eu mon mot à dire. Depuis ma rencontre avec ce medecin et son équipe, je crains plus la fatigue chronique, les flutuations de poids, les rages de sucres et autres. Mon hygiène de vie est équilibrée. J'aurai voulu offrir la même chose à mes enfants. Je remercie Dr Gavsie et tous les medecins qui ont suivi le même type de formation. Merci!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I am not even sure where to begin. Dr. Gavsie is an incredible doctor and person. His holistic approach to medicine ensures that every aspect of your health is taken into consideration. It is so rare to find a doctor who cares so much and takes the time to understand exactly what is going on. When I saw him for the first time four years ago, I had already seen dozens of doctors who told me that whatever was going on with me must be psychological. I think a lot of doctors either do not have the time or the training to connect the dots when it comes to diagnosing or understanding different chronic illnesses. Dr. Gavsie actually takes the time to listen, is highly knowledgeable, and will try different, personalized treatment plans to see what works best for you. If one thing doesn't work, he will try something else. He is, by all means, on YOUR team. After trying different treatment plans, I am feeling SO much better. It is honestly night and day. He addressed my Lyme disease (which he is extremely knowledgeable in (so rare)!), hypothyroidism, lack of healthy bacteria in my gut, low blood pressure, and looked into everything else I was having problems with. It almost feels like he knows EVERY specialist in the city and has them on speed dial, ready to make an appointment for you. Before I saw him, I had just started my masters degree, which I was completing through distance because I was too sick/weak to attend classes. Four years later, I graduated and have the energy to actually work full time. What I also love about him is that he has the ability to balance being really cool and professional at the same time. He also makes you feel extremely comfortable and cuts through a lot of the medical jargon. He is a breath of fresh air. If you are continuously met with closed doors when trying to figure out what is going on with you, it is worth trying to see if Dr. Gavsie can help you figure it out and get to the bottom of things. He changed my life and I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Gavsie is a knowledgeable and open-minded physician and a good person. He helped me get my life back! I have the greatest respect for Dr. Gavise and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Adam Gavsie is a remarkable physician. I've never had a doctor who followed up on all aspects of my file. He truly understands the value of studying the entire picture of his patients, he also understand that the body is an entire system that works together to maintain equilibrium with its environment. He doesn't look for the quick fix. He doesn't prescribe meds ad nauseam or tunnel vision his focus on only one symptom or aspect of the body. He's not arrogant nor presumptuous. And above all he's not lazy with his care. He makes sure that the patient is part of the discussion. And he treats the patient as a whole. He takes the time to get it right and his practice was what helped me restore my faith in the medical system. Unfortunately this forward thinking and level of care is not supported in the province of Quebec. I am very sad and disappointed to lose him as a physician.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Gavsie is the rare combination of caring and knowledgeable physician. I have always felt in very capable hands when under his care and find him very attentive to my questions and concerns. I am very fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Gavsie has been my GP for years. His extensive knowledge (both mainstream and holistic), compassionate "bedside" manner, and thoroughness have always left me with the feeling and faith that my medical needs were properly addressed. Furthermore, any related practitioners that he referred me to, medical or otherwise, were also of the highest caliber. Let's just say that I'm so appreciative of his approach to medicine because my experiences in this field haven't always been this positive.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr. Gavsie is a rare and special breed. His integrative approach is progressive and incredibly effective for optimizing health. He seamlessly combines the conventional medical philosophy with his unique wholistic vision of each patient. He is passionate about his practice and wholeheartedly invested in the well being of his patients as evidenced by his truly sincere and genuine manner. He works closely with you to get to the root of a problem instead of just treating symptoms of it. Your new patients will be SO SO SO SO fortunate to have you as their doctor!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017