Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Jarvis

Dr. Jarvis is amazing! He is down to earth and really cares about his patients. He is easy to talk to and he listens. He has helped me tremendously and I am very thankful for him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Jarvis is the first psychiatrist who has seemed to take a personal interest in my condition (bipolar disorder) and provide help. I sought him out after being released from an involuntary psychiatric hospital stay because of his expertise with mood disorders. Immediately he recognized a problem with my medications and prescribed something new. Since then he has worked with me to regulate my medication regime and, subsequently, my mood. He has always remembered details and I've never felt neglected as a patient. I trust his advice and find him very relatable and personable, especially after dealing with past psychiatrists who were unable to communicate with me as a real person. Dr. Jarvis has always made me feel like a person and not just a patient and he has willingly provided additional paperwork for me in the past. He has helped me feel the best I can ever remember feeling, and I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr. Jarvis is the first psychiatrist that listened to every thing I said and actually made a diagnosis and medication choice that was patient specific! He is a very knowledgeable doctor! He reads clinical trials and journal articles to keep up to date with treatments. I appreciate doctors that don't just throw you on drugs that reps bring in and give tons of samples of! Dr. Jarvis is very prompt and effective at his job. Consider him!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

instead of just talking to a nurse during your visit and spending 5 minutes talking to a doctor, dr jarvis personally takes you to his office and spends the whole visit talking with you and discussing options/suggestions and answering all questions you may have. he is thorough and very caring. i always feel comfortable talking to him and voicing any concerns or questions without feeling like i'm being judged. i have complete trust in him and would definitely recommend him to someone else who needs help.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

I went to him for ECT treatments due to my severe depression. I was so depressed that getting out of bed was hard for me to do. Unfortunately the ECT treatments did not work. I needed him to fill out some paperwork for my job releasing me from work until we could find the right medication that could help me with the depression. he acted put out that he had to do any paperwork and every time I would see him he kept asking me why I couldn't work. I kept telling him that I was so depressed I hadn't even brushed my hair in a month. It was hard for me to believe that I was having to explain this to a psychiatrist. ECT may not mean much to him since he never has had one, but a person has to be pretty damn depressed to go through something like that. He didn't seem to understand that. On top of that he put me on an antidepressant that wasn't working , yet he never changed it.I was a few minutes late one day and he was obviously angry about it. He shouldn't be a doctor,much less a psychiatrist

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

I have seen many psychiatrists over the years. Dr. Jarvis provided me with the best care I have ever received, both inpatient and outpatient. I did undergo ECT, at my request, and found it to be the most helpful treatment I have ever received, and I have been on just about every medication you can imagine. I would highly recommend Dr. Jarvis if you have problems with depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

He is the most amazing psychiatrist I've ever had. He has absolutely saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

He was my doctor while I was in a psych facility and was only interested in the ECT's. He did not care about discussing any personal issues that had brought me to the hospital. He was evasive when I had questions about the treatments and became angry and rude when I asked about the extreme memory loss and confused fear I noticed in other ECT patients. I demanded to leave the facility without completing the final treatment and he angrily blamed me because I was upset at his behavior and fearful of him performing the treatments. After having completed two other series of ECT's, I knew that he was doing something different-I had a constant headache and felt awful. After my 5th treatment, the recovery nurse even commented on the fact that all the post-treatment patients faces were terribly red, something I had never seen before. He treats patients like guinea pigs and was polite only when I didn't question what he was doing to us in the ECT room. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Until I had questions about the ECT's he was performing on me, he was very polite, funny, empathetic. When I asked about the bad reaction some other patients and I had to the last couple of treatments, he became evasive and almost rude. I was in a psych unit during the treatments and he seemed more interested in the ECT's than in the effect they were having on me. He seemed to blame me for the discomfort I was experiencing and wanted to continue with the final treatment although I'd had a bad headache since the last ECT and hadn't eaten in two days because of it. I trust him as a doctor but feel that he put his treatments above the care of his patients. Now, his ignorance of the intensity of my headache and the nausea could have been the fault of the hospital but he was, after all, my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Avoids answering questions and is evasive. Shows no empathy.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

Dr. Robert M. Jarvis's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Little Rock, AR